Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at home modem charge

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Feedback please ,
    So got a call from those wonderful people in Vodafone at home crew to inform us that they were upgrading us to 20 meg speed at not extra cost . ( we are a customer for the last 3 years ) upgrade completed on Friday but no broardband service called on Friday night and got sorted, down again on Saturday and was on to support 3 times on Saturday ( total time on the phone about 1 hour ) Tech support very helpful and supportive . Broadband down again on Sunday and today , spoke to support tonight and was advised that our modem was faulty . Now this is the part i dont get " your router is out of warranty " so we can do a replacement for € 30 , I informed the CS rep that the router was OK before the upgrade and in order for them to provide their services we would require a modem ( CS rep put me on hold ) and came back with a gesture for customer loyalty they would credit my bill by € 20 leaving me to pay € 10.00.

Now it's not the money but the principal , in order to provide us with BB we will need a router .

It worked until they did the upgrade .

Rant over !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Tell them that you are seriously considering moving company and are in the process of pricing UPC and SKY to replace them as a broadband supplier. and that you will have to reconsider your position with them. DO NOT say that you are leaving though especially if Vodafone are your only option. See what they have to say to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Did the "upgrade" mean you are back in a 12 month contract ? They might want a release fee if that's the case.

Ken

Advertisement