Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC HORIZON WIFI

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi.. Is anyone else Findin their horizon box very annoyin?

Mine is very slow.. And the wifi only works in the sittin room.. Doesn't travel around the house like the old Upc Internet box.. Is der any way of fixin this??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There's a lot of stuff on this on the Talk to UPC forum so probably best to post there.

(also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)

(I will leave this here for others with similar problems)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

hi.. Is anyone else Findin their horizon box very annoyin?

Mine is very slow.. And the wifi only works in the sittin room.. Doesn't travel around the house like the old Upc Internet box.. Is der any way of fixin this??

Thanks

Mine is not slow but the reception for wifi is terrible, compared to the old units that were supplied....

I had to use my old belkin router to get a better signal within the house, which is using up more electricity having to run 2 modems....

I read on utube that you can boost your signal with a wire hanger and a coke can cut open like a flower.... I have this now made and will try it shortly and let you know how it goes.

Also try leaving the door open where your horizon box is located as that helps also.

Red devil

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Please, please there is no reason to be reviving a year old thread particularly as the issue proceeds remorselessly on in various threads on the UPC forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement