If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a small tv 22-26" saorview compatible

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

just wondering have you any good deals for a small tv 22-26" in size, thats compatible with saorview. doesn't need to be full saorview but just compatible to receive the channels!

preferably something ex-display/clearance so i can save a few quid as its only for a bedroom so i'm not pushed on spending too much!

you had the LGM2232D, and Samsung T22B300 on a clearance thread...either of these left and compatible with Saorview? If not, have you got any recommendations?

Cheers,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

ok so i've seen the LGM2232D online from a few irish retailers who seem to say its saorview compatible? can ye guys confirm this, and have ye got any left at the clearance price?

cheers,

kevin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sponge.

You are in luck.

We have one of the Samsung T22B300 that is brand new and in the box and one ex demo. This unfortunately isn't listed as a Saorview model but we would have a guess that it will work in the South as most Samsung models do, we just can't guarantee it.

This would be the best value one that we would have and it's priced £139.95 or we can do the ex demo one for £129.95 with delivery at £12.99.

The other small models that we have at the moment are also not listed on the approved Saorview listings.

LG 22MN43D - New 2013 model and priced at £149.95

Samsung T22C300 - £159.95. 

Sorry I can't be any more helpful with this but it appears that at the moment the range of small TV that's available that's properly Saorview approved is very limited.

Many thanks

Dave

Just an update on that. The 22B300 is listed as MPEG 4 so I suspect that this will be the best option.

ATB

Dave

hmmmm...i think i'll have to have a think about it...really need to pick up the saorview channels on it, so not sure it would be wise for me to spend the money just in case i can't! the cost of purchasing a saorview box if i had to, would mean i'd be better off just buying a more expensive saorview compatible model. if ye do come across anything in this sorta price bracket that is listed as saorview compatible, then I'd definitely be interested!

i realize saorview tvs are probably not something ye stock too much of, but thanks for your help guys as always.

edit: my bad, it doesn't have to necessarily be listed as saorview compatible, just something that others have definitely used to receive the channels! :pac:

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Spongerobinson.

No problem at all.

If any others apart from the above two come up I pop them in this post for you :)

• Advertisement

Hey Spongerobinson.

No problem at all.

If any others apart from the above two come up I pop them in this post for you

thanks kenny! :)

hmmmm...i think i'll have to have a think about it...really need to pick up the saorview channels on it, so not sure it would be wise for me to spend the money just in case i can't! the cost of purchasing a saorview box if i had to, would mean i'd be better off just buying a more expensive saorview compatible model. if ye do come across anything in this sorta price bracket that is listed as saorview compatible, then I'd definitely be interested!

i realize saorview tvs are probably not something ye stock too much of, but thanks for your help guys as always.

edit: my bad, it doesn't have to necessarily be listed as saorview compatible, just something that others have definitely used to receive the channels!
    Hi Sponger.

The Samsung is listed as having an MPEG4 tuner so this should work fine. If it doesn't we can take it back from you, no problem.

We do stock a lot of Saorview models but the problem is that not all the models are tested by Saorview so unless they are specifically listed, it leaves in a little grey area where we are fairly certain that some models will work fine, but we just can't 100% guarantee it.

Let us know if you like to try the Samsung or go for something different.

ATB

Dave

Hi Sponger.

The Samsung is listed as having an MPEG4 tuner so this should work fine. If it doesn't we can take it back from you, no problem.

We do stock a lot of Saorview models but the problem is that not all the models are tested by Saorview so unless they are specifically listed, it leaves in a little grey area where we are fairly certain that some models will work fine, but we just can't 100% guarantee it.

Let us know if you like to try the Samsung or go for something different.

ATB

Dave
    hi dave,

what would be the best all in price (in euros if possible or do you charge sterling and my card does the conversion?) for the ex demo model with delivery down to Meath? I've found a more or less identical Sammy model that is saorview approved, has an extra HDMI socket (2 vs 1) and its only about 20euro more then the current price for the ex demo unit plus delivery, that you have, so to be honest I may be better off going with that.

Hi Sponge. That's no problem at all. Just be careful it's not a monitor series model as they can work out cheaper as they aren't up to the same spec.

The price on the Sammy that we have with delivery would be 174 Euro delivered or 183 for the new one.

Keep us posted if it ticks the boxes.

ATB

Dave

Hi Sponge. That's no problem at all. Just be careful it's not a monitor series model as they can work out cheaper as they aren't up to the same spec.

The price on the Sammy that we have with delivery would be 174 Euro delivered or 183 for the new one.

Keep us posted if it ticks the boxes.

ATB

Dave
    sorry guys at that price i'm afraid I'll have to leave it! thanks for the help anyways, and I'll be in touch for any future purchases! :)

• Advertisement

Hi Sponge, no problems !
    We'll hopefully be able to sort you out with something else in the future !

ATVB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.