Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel a credit card transaction

Options
  • 20-05-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Story: I booked a hotel on clever-hotels.com
    I did not receive a confirmation email.
    I contacted the hotel and they have not recieved any order from clever-hotels
    clever-hotels' website is down and I cant contact them.
    AIB have informed me that they can not do anything about it until the goods are not delivered I.E until I turn up to the hotel on the day and they dont honor my booking.

Is there any other way I can dispute this claim and get my money back?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

When did you make the booking? It might be worth getting back on to the hotel and asking do they have a contact number for clever hotels that you could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Toots* wrote: »
    When did you make the booking? It might be worth getting back on to the hotel and asking do they have a contact number for clever hotels that you could use.

I made the booking yesterday, The hotel have since gotten back to me confirming that there is no booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Their site is working now -

https://www.clever-hotels.com/en/kontakt.html?accommodation_id=-1&geographic_id=-1&geographic_type=&ac_from_url=/en/&ac_agent_id=&a_session_id=

+49 40 3499 3753 *Support Help Desk Mon-Fri 08:00-18:00, Sa-So 11:00-17:00 CET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The website is up now.

I used them for a trip to Reykjavik last week and everything was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I made the booking yesterday, The hotel have since gotten back to me confirming that there is no booking.

If you only made the booking yesterday, I am not surprised the hotel doesn't have the booking yet. Give them a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'd try make contact with clever-hotels first. Your confirm didn't go to a spam folder did it? A lot of times with these hotel booking sites the hotel don't get passed on your details until a day or two before the stay as far as I know, that doesn't mean the booking is in doubt though. The only thing would worry me would be lack of any email confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

sillysocks wrote: »
    I'd try make contact with clever-hotels first. Your confirm didn't go to a spam folder did it? A lot of times with these hotel booking sites the hotel don't get passed on your details until a day or two before the stay as far as I know, that doesn't mean the booking is in doubt though. The only thing would worry me would be lack of any email confirm.

Hi, so it turns out that the automated booking didnt book, but clever-hotels answered when I called and were able to manually book and the hotel confirmed when I called them after.

A lot of worry over nothing. I think the website were in some financial difficulties recently regarding their holding company going bankrupt and hence a lot of google results showing them to be fraudsters but they appear to be legit at least now.

Thanks for the help guys.

On a general note I was surprised by the lack of protection my bank offered, will think more carefully before ordering online in future with a company I haven't heard of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi, so it turns out that the automated booking didnt book, but clever-hotels answered when I called and were able to manually book and the hotel confirmed when I called them after.

A lot of worry over nothing. I think the website were in some financial difficulties recently regarding their holding company going bankrupt and hence a lot of google results showing them to be fraudsters but they appear to be legit at least now.

On a general note I was surprised by the lack of protection my bank offered, will think more carefully before ordering online in future with a company I haven't heard of before.

I dont know what you mean the bank offering little protection. From their end no transaction occured so what can they do? If the transaction had of went through and you didnt recieve the goods then you can initiate a chargeback. Other than that the cardholder should use their head to not buy from dodgy sites which seems like Clever Hotels are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah man come on, you booked the hotel and everything is fine! But ya, some of the online booking sites can be a bit dubious. I tend to stick to the same few that I've used before.

Advertisement