Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed

• 20-05-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi at the moment im getting 7Mb broadband in my modem it has the flowing line status gong by this should my line be able for 11Mb

ADSL Line Status

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 7168 Kbps 384 Kbps
    Attainable Line Rate 11328 Kbps 1344 Kbps
    Noise Margin 12.7 dB 17.0 dB
    Line Attenuation 11.0 dB 5.5 dB
    Output Power 7.4 dBm 0.1 dBm

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Hi at the moment im getting 7Mb broadband in my modem it has the flowing line status gong by this should my line be able for 11Mb

ADSL Line Status

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 7168 Kbps 384 Kbps
    Attainable Line Rate 11328 Kbps 1344 Kbps
    Noise Margin 12.7 dB 17.0 dB
    Line Attenuation 11.0 dB 5.5 dB
    Output Power 7.4 dBm 0.1 dBm

Thanks

I think it should. Once the Downstream Noise Margin doesn't drop below 5dB as below this the line becomes unstable and resynces to a lower speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Actually your line can take ~20mbps with those stats. Doesn't matter though, a sync speed of 7168Kbps down and 384Kbps up, means that your exchange is likely (almost certainly) fitted with ADSL 1 tech. Which means a top sync speed of 8128kbps down 1024kbps up.

BUT eircom decided, for reasons I can only guess, to limit everyone's max sync speed to 7168/384 a few years back. Basically unless your exhange is upgraded to NGB (eircom speak for ADSL 2+ and more backhaul), that's as fast as your broadband is going to get. Unless you live in an area where there is some form of competition from UPC or others, it's not going to be upgraded anytime soon.

Advertisement