Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark color scheme graphics problem

Options
  • 20-05-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

i've come across an odd graphical problem with the dark color scheme,
    in that when you are using the dark color scheme with the forum default skin and boards.ie new beta skin,

going from forum to forum can cause it but mainly it's when you go from forum to a thread or replying to a post, previewing, page to page inside a thread(refreshing), going backwards from thread to forum does not cause it.
    it'll flash going back to the default color scheme for a moment then it'll update to the dark scheme.

not a major problem but can become annoying after awhile
    so i was wondering if this is a known bug or something new?

i'm using firefox and 40 posts a page
    default color scheme is the white grey and blue one
    dark color scheme is black grey and orange

(mods feel free to move as is appropriate)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Known bug, not to be fixed, for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Known bug, not to be fixed, for some reason.

Let's not jump the gun, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Let's not jump the gun, thanks.

Im pretty sure you said that, around now last year.

Im pretty sure you said that, around now last year.

Oh. Well if I did I was definitely mistaken. It's been on our to-fix list since the launch of the dark theme. I'm happy to report it'll be fixed as part of our current development project :)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

Sweet, well for now, i'm gonna use the cloud skin since it's the closet to it :D
    thanks for the speedy reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Boards is extremely slow for some reason, its the only site that is slow. Also the theme has gone back to default even though I have dark selected. I've been on boards all day and this has only started a few minutes ago. It's taking 1min + to refresh or load a thread. All other sites are fine. Drop down have stopped working too.

I'm using Chrome, Win 7 64.

The flash of the default theme should no longer happen for those of you on the dark theme. The new themes system was rolled out this morning.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

Yay, Thank you Site Dev Team and Danny for following it up. :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement