Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalise Cannabis March June 15th-2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 longforddude

hip hop/ reggae 15th june 12.30pm parnell SQ
    legalise cannabis Ireland parade!!

FROM 12.30PM

Live Acts:
    Hassle Merchants
    CuCullen
    Reggulators
    Andy Earley
    The High Life

DJ Sets:
    Worries Outternational (Reggae)
    Barry Krishna (Hip hop/Reggae)
    Yoda (D&B)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is this a march or a festival?

Maybe the folks in Turkey should stop protesting and just have a bit of a sing song?

Is this a march or a festival?

Maybe the folks in Turkey should stop protesting and just have a bit of a sing song?

its a protest/march/gig/party...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

TheBza wrote: »
    Have you ever smoked a joint?

I've never smoked. I have watched documentary's both for & against Cannabis use. The fact of the matter if you smoke a joint your gonna sit around for hours doing absolutely nothing worth while. We've already enough of these kind of dopes on the dol taking money we don't have to spend on substances that they can't afford. Instead of sitting down smoking joints. Do a bit of volunteering or community work to take up the time

leonh74 wrote: »
    I've never smoked. I have watched documentary's both for & against Cannabis use. The fact of the matter if you smoke a joint your gonna sit around for hours doing absolutely nothing worth while. We've already enough of these kind of dopes on the dol taking money we don't have to spend on substances that they can't afford. Instead of sitting down smoking joints. Do a bit of volunteering or community work to take up the time

Your perspective on cannabis users is one which is out dated, immature and ignorant to the facts. Cannabis/marijauana is a medicine and a recreational drug. People use it for many reasons. to relax. get creative. feel better. like many people who are against "things" dont knock it till you've tried it!...My non smoking friends use it in butter to spread on toast, make tea with it and eat it raw.... you go around chastising your friends who like to have a glass of wine or a beer wasters and drunks? maybe you should - and see their reaction to your scornful words...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

genius-meme.png

:pac::pac::pac:

LCI MArch AFTER PARTY!!! TURKS HEAD, Parliament St 9pm till 3am!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

I would just like to say that no amount of watching documentaries on the subject gives you any idea of what it is exactly like to use a substance for an extended period of time. If I was to watch 10 documentaries on the pro's and con's of using different paints to paint a portrait, doesn't mean I have a real appreciation or working knowledge of those paints. The same would be true if I never smoked a joint or drank a beer in my life...

I have been smoking for years (>9-10), and I enjoy it responsibly. I abused it at the start when I young and misguided, simply put I shouldn't have had access to it at that age (Thanks to prohibition). I couldn't avoid it in my area. Not long after I smoked heavily for a long time (a summer period) I saw the error of my ways and I corrected them with gusto. With hindsight intact I still choose to smoke because it agrees with me 100 times more than drinking alcohol, it relaxes me, makes me creative, increases pleasure (sex, food), stimulates conversation, has health benefits like increasing the regulation of blood insulin levels (just published by the way) the list goes and on !!!!

This "dope" you speak of (such an outdated and offensive term if you ask me) has not stopped me (or my friends who choose to smoke) from making something of our lives !! I have buckets of motivation. I have just started a three year post doc in the London national history museum after obtaining my PhD last year (I know of more people than I can count on one hand that have done the exact same - minus the job in the NHM).

All I can say is, you have definitely had the wool pulled over your eyes. Don't be so sure unless you have the facts or life experience yourself to make an informed decision.

The debate needs to be had, with rational and clear cut thought ! No more of this spouted propaganda is going to pass as speaking on the matter. Society should run on facts and statistics, not close-mindedness prejudice and misinformation.

Legality and/or decriminalization will happen so... id brush up on the subject. I implore you...Go do your own research (academic publications ideally)

All the best people. :D

Well made doc's on the subject:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFctR0G0fY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDKfj7X8A0

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scorgie/the-culture-high

Advertisement