Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in NZ

• 20-05-2013 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the working prospects are like in NZ and if its easy enough like in Aus to get work.
    I laboured and worked for the council in Australia would be looking for something similar in NZ

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I came out here as a "labourer" for 18 dollars an hour but soon realised our labouring skills such as concrete work, carpentry etc are the same if not higher as the qualified "builders" over here. Currently on 30 an hour, company van plus diesel and phone expenses. There are tonnes of jobs here, city care (the co. council) love to have foreign workers for some reason, so maybe try them first, they pay quite well. I'm in Christchurch, I'm assuming as you're into the building game that you will be coming here.

FD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

FearDark wrote: »
    I came out here as a "labourer" for 18 dollars an hour but soon realised our labouring skills such as concrete work, carpentry etc are the same if not higher as the qualified "builders" over here. Currently on 30 an hour, company van plus diesel and phone expenses. There are tonnes of jobs here, city care (the co. council) love to have foreign workers for some reason, so maybe try them first, they pay quite well. I'm in Christchurch, I'm assuming as you're into the building game that you will be coming here.

FD

Well Im into the building game as much as its what Ive done for past few years:pac:
    Its more to leave Ireland and travel a bit more before Im to old, regret not going there straight after Aus, Just had the most boring year of my life in Ireland.
    Thanks for the info :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well Im into the building game as much as its what Ive done for past few years:pac:
    Its more to leave Ireland and travel a bit more before Im to old, regret not going there straight after Aus, Just had the most boring year of my life in Ireland.
    Thanks for the info :D

Best thing you can do is just come over, hit me up if you ever plan on it I can set you up with work straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

FearDark wrote: »
    Best thing you can do is just come over, hit me up if you ever plan on it I can set you up with work straight away.
    I might hold you to that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shamrock02

Hi guys, just looking at your posts. Few of us thinking about heading out to christchurch later this year (2 joiners 1 electrician) would you advise to go through the visa people or go out there and wing it. Much work about there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Did you go yet.

Advertisement