Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 4 results

Options
  • 21-05-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

The Jets enter rayduh country looking for a W ! After 2 quarters and the score 14-14 it boots is out . So we try again .

The jets drive up the field to the 4 yard line and Sanchez throws a interception to rolando McClain . He runs 92 yards !!!!!! The jets get a pick stop 3-0 .

Jets score a TD 7-3 , rayduhs get a field goal 7-6 now it gets a bit crazy . Jets score on another drive . It gives the rayduhs a 2 minute drive . Which they throw a pick, the jets score again 21-6 now . Boom right wrong !

Hester makes Revis his bitch on a streak 21-13, Sanchez throws another pick with 1 minute left, rayduhs drive up the field and score but miss 2 point conversion . 21-19 at the half,

The raiders get the ball and are forced to punt on the first position of 2nd half. The jets score again in the 3rd and are up by 9 ...

In the 4rh quarter the raiders are forced to punt but its a great one, leaving me on my 2 yard line . A 5 minute drive ensues and the jets score and get a 2 poit conversion . After that Revis island comes back from holiday and makes something happen, the jets run the clock out.

Final score 38-19

Hard luck ! Was great banter throughout game , we both complained about are own players and sanchezs ability to sense pressure .

I have no doubt you'll crush the ravens in your match and he'll cry like a baby !

Good luck for the rest of the season !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I have no doubt you'll crush the ravens in your match and he'll cry like a baby!

Mike Tomlin agrees:
    mike_tomlin-pointing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Honestly just laughed out loud on a bus to that picture! Cheers for the review Dave, wish the lag hadn't been so bad at the start!

All in all, I was pretty happy!

And regarding the ravens, I feel Pudsey will now destroy me and bathe in a victory bath of my tears!

And regarding the ravens, I feel Pudsey will now destroy me and bathe in a victory bath of my tears!

Tomlin not so happy with this:

mike-tomlin-041108.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Tomlin not so happy with this:

mike-tomlin-041108.jpg

....just to receive another picture, I retract the previous statement!

....just to receive another picture, I retract the previous statement!

Mike Tomlin is unsure he likes where this is headed:
    mike-tomlin.jpg

Last one I promise, don't wanna hijack the thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos 48 Dolphins 20

Closer game than the scoreline suggests,C.Palmer threw for nearly 300 yards which gives you an idea.3 keys plays made the difference in the first half for the Broncos.
    Straight from the kick off the dolphins kick returner is hit hard and fumbles,Broncos recover but only score a FG.
    Fins pass their way up the field to 1st and goal but a timely sack for Dumervil on the 3rd attempt forces a FG.
    Broncos hit back with a TD from Moreno.
    Again the Fins get to 1st and goal,this time a sack from Miller leaves them with a 3rd and long.Palmer pass's into the red zone where it's juggled by the WR for what seemed like an age before its eventually dropped.Fins take the Fg.
    Broncos hit back again with a TD from Moreno.
    Fins again work their way into the Broncos half but are stopped I think with a very long FG attempth,50 yards +.With 20 seconds left on the clock they go for it.....it drops short to recently aquired J.Brewer who runs it back for a 105yards TD.
    Half time. Broncos 24 Dolphins 6
    Second half both teams exchanged scores with the Dolphins adding TD's from K.Hall and C.Wake and the Broncos with Cruz and 2 from Brewer.

GG Carroller.As I metioned the goal line stands and the kick return changed the outcome of the game.
    Palmer seems a good upgrade from Tannehill

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Cowboys 26-0 fun game for all really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Eagles beat the Cowboys 26-0 fun game for all really

Cept the cowboys and their fans. And me id say my only way into playoffs is if the two cpu teams in your division were not cpu.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Ravens. Ravens receive

Ravens punt, Johnson breaks off a big run and another. 3 runs and 83 yards, Titans at the 2, TFL, C2J TD.
    Griffin gets a pick 6.

Ravens punt, Johnson breaks off a big run for a TD, big sack .
    Another pick 6 for Griffin.
    Pudsy gets stopped on 4th and inches

Locker throws a pick, Ravens can only get 3. Locker throws another pick. TD Ravens.
    Locker.. throws another pick

Griffin drops what should be a pick, then Rice gets tackle and rolls over the DB for a 1st down. 49 yard aattempt, its good!

HT and its 28-13 Titans, Titans recieve

Pollard goes down injured.. Locker throws a pick. Titans force a stop... Locker throws another pick

4th Q and Titans up by 15, Ravens have the ball on the Titans 10 yard line. Titans force a stop, FG Ravens.. Titans going to run the ball now!
    Titans on 3rd and 2, LEach makes the 1st down!.
    Titans end up punting. Ravens get te ball at the 20 yard line

Big Ravens play, they are inside the 40 with 3:40 left.
    Will Witherspoon picks off a pass
    Heyward Bey comes up big and the Titans are very close to a win here.
    Titans punt.. out at the 4

Cortland Finnegan picks off a a pass and that is game

Probably Lockers worst game ever. 88 yards, 0 TDS and 5 ints. However Weeden wasnt much better with 1 TD and 4 ints

There difference was Johnson. 2 TDs and 180yards and Griffin with nearly 100 yards and 2 TDS of int returns.

Unlucky Pudsy, was always going to be tough going 28-0 down just after the 2nd quarter but i pretty much then had no offense for the entire second half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers scrape by the Lions 35-31.

The Packers start off with a good kick return and a long drive to get into the end zone. But on the Lions first offensive play the run off tackle and some dodgy run defence along with some nice moves take it 80 odd yards for a TD killing any momentum the packers built during their long first drive.
    Packers follow up with an INT which the Lions duely drive up the field to be 14-7 up.
    Packers toss a pick six just before the 2 minute warning but manage to get into the end zone themselves before HT to make it 21-14. The Packers hold the Lions to a field goal to make it 24-14. Packers get another TD of a long drive but their leaky run defence strikes again and the Lions quickly make it 31-21.
    The Packers score fairly quickly to make it 31-28 and the Lions throw an INT in the Packers end zone as they try to put the game beyond reach.

The Packers drive up the field and following a quick read of a zone defence Rodgers finds Nelson and he fights his way into the end zone making it 35-31
    Lions get the ball back with about 50 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Make some good progress up the field and find Pettigrew for a deep completion around the 35, and he's off to the races but gets caught and taken down around the 15 and the Lions run out of time before they can have a short range shot at the end zone.

Great game although disappointment with some misreads that lead to my INTs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nelbert wrote: »
    The Packers scrape by the Lions 35-31.

The Packers start off with a good kick return and a long drive to get into the end zone. But on the Lions first offensive play the run off tackle and some dodgy run defence along with some nice moves take it 80 odd yards for a TD killing any momentum the packers built during their long first drive.
    Packers follow up with an INT which the Lions duely drive up the field to be 14-7 up.
    Packers toss a pick six just before the 2 minute warning but manage to get into the end zone themselves before HT to make it 21-14. The Packers hold the Lions to a field goal to make it 24-14. Packers get another TD of a long drive but their leaky run defence strikes again and the Lions quickly make it 31-21.
    The Packers score fairly quickly to make it 31-28 and the Lions throw an INT in the Packers end zone as they try to put the game beyond reach.

The Packers drive up the field and following a quick read of a zone defence Rodgers finds Nelson and he fights his way into the end zone making it 35-31
    Lions get the ball back with about 50 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Make some good progress up the field and find Pettigrew for a deep completion around the 35, and he's off to the races but gets caught and taken down around the 15 and the Lions run out of time before they can have a short range shot at the end zone.

Great game although disappointment with some misreads that lead to my INTs.

Yeah, good game, I thought I played well enough to win to be honest. When I picked off Rogers for the third time and was 14 points up I thought a TD would seal it, even though it was still the first half, instead I threw a bad INT in the EZ.

In the second half I was a bit more conservative, settling for a FG to make it a 10 point game rather than going for the TD.

I thought I could have had a few more INT's to be honest as my defenders dropped a fair few. But then again I had a fumble recovered by my own team.

You played really well and deserved the win, I was surprised at the amount of throws you made on that last drive, especially once you got into FG range.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and see you for the return.

EDIT:Another huge moment actually was you stopping me on 3rd and 3, when I was 3 points up with just over 2 mins left, I get the first down there I think I win the game, then the punt rolled into the EZ but was inches away from stopping at the 1.

Them are the breaks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 42-14 Colts.

Score-line does not reflect the closeness of the game.

Colts receive and both teams forced to punt, Colts make the clock their whore on one of many long and exhausting (defensively) drives and take the lead with a Steven Jackson TD. It's clear the acquisition of Jackson makes the Colts a different beast in the AFC this season. Jags reply quickly after the 2nd quarter starts, a long bomb to Hakeem Nicks sets up a rushing TD for MJD. The 2nd quarter was a tight one, scores were exhanged after a pick by Paul Pauzlusny, passing TD to Nicks for the Jags, passing TD to Hilton for the Colts, but the Jags managed to get a crucial TD late in the 2nd, as Tebow connected with Heath Miller before getting ball back at half.

2nd half was mental. A lag induced wrong-button press saw Tebow lob a pick to a grateful Colts D, but a red-zone pick immediately followed by an 80 yard passing TD to Nicks saw the Colts fighting an uphill battle. Luck was to fold under the pressure and throw 3 more picks, one being a goal line Pick 6 to D-Smith, another punished by MJD's 2nd TD, the final one meaning MJD could run the clock down for the win.

The Jags offence was lethal, only having the ball for 9mins total compared to 23 for the Colts, Tebow had 320+ passing yards for 3 TD's and MJD had 98 on the ground for 2 scores.

Hard luck Rock. If those red-zone picks had have been any type of score for you we would be looking at a very different match report here. The way you zap time off the clock on those long drives is admirable and can be frustrating for an opponent, tighten up the red-zone offence and you're singing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jaguars 42-14 Colts.

Score-line does not reflect the closeness of the game.

Colts receive and both teams forced to punt, Colts make the clock their whore on one of many long and exhausting (defensively) drives and take the lead with a Steven Jackson TD. It's clear the acquisition of Jackson makes the Colts a different beast in the AFC this season. Jags reply quickly after the 2nd quarter starts, a long bomb to Hakeem Nicks sets up a rushing TD for MJD. The 2nd quarter was a tight one, scores were exhanged after a pick by Paul Pauzlusny, passing TD to Nicks for the Jags, passing TD to Hilton for the Colts, but the Jags managed to get a crucial TD late in the 2nd, as Tebow connected with Heath Miller before getting ball back at half.

2nd half was mental. A lag induced wrong-button press saw Tebow lob a pick to a grateful Colts D, but a red-zone pick immediately followed by an 80 yard passing TD to Nicks saw the Colts fighting an uphill battle. Luck was to fold under the pressure and throw 3 more picks, one being a goal line Pick 6 to D-Smith, another punished by MJD's 2nd TD, the final one meaning MJD could run the clock down for the win.

The Jags offence was lethal, only having the ball for 9mins total compared to 23 for the Colts, Tebow had 320+ passing yards for 3 TD's and MJD had 98 on the ground for 2 scores.

Hard luck Rock. If those red-zone picks had have been any type of score for you we would be looking at a very different match report here. The way you zap time off the clock on those long drives is admirable and can be frustrating for an opponent, tighten up the red-zone offence and you're singing.
    Thats a good point,my defence were out on their feet for long portions against the Colts,its good offense.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thats a good point,my defence were out on their feet for long portions against the Colts,its good offense.

I was seeing names for players I've never seen before! In some cases my first and 2nd string guys had to be subbed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cheers Mikey, yeah my 2 and 3rd drives were good, think i got 14 points, then you went 14 points up and i started seeing players open that were'nt :eek:.

I can get from our 20 yard line to the oppositions 20 yard line relatively good enough (apart from the usual interception along the way) but we get there now alot better then we used to whilst running the clock down, and then it just seems to fall apart the majority of the time which can get really frustrating as you could probably hear last night.

I might give Colin Kaepernick his time to shine next round of matches, he's been doing well in practice so deserves a chance.

Cheers Mikey, yeah my 2 and 3rd drives were good, think i got 14 points, then you went 14 points up and i started seeing players open that were'nt :eek:.

I can get from our 20 yard line to the oppositions 20 yard line relatively good enough (apart from the usual interception along the way) but we get there now alot better then we used to whilst running the clock down, and then it just seems to fall apart the majority of the time which can get really frustrating as you could probably hear last night.

I might give Colin Kaepernick his time to shine next round of matches, he's been doing well in practice so deserves a chance.

I would stick with Luck tbh, Kaepernick's accuracy leaves a lot to be desired, his strength is tucking and running which Luck can do very well also. You had me struggling last night when nobody was open you would take off with Luck, that meant I had to keep someone relatively close, and things started falling apart for you when you fell a few scores back and started forcing the throws you were previously running instead of. I'd just be sure to slide with the QB though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cards beat the hawks 27-20

Hate playing the CPU :-/
    On a plus side held lynch to 18 yards!
    and Hillis knocked up 215 yards!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams beat CPU Bears 45-10 with Bradford having a monster game with a 125.7 QB rating and throwing for near 400yds
    Pity I have a bye week next tho!!

Advertisement