Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy clothes

Options
  • 20-05-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, sorry if I am intruding , but I have a friend who is trying to find sites to buy baby clothes for her soon to be son, she has said while she knew of a few sites they seem to be off line,?

I would be very grateful if you could give me some information on what sites are best to get new born baby clothes,

thank you in advance, and once again very sorry if I am in the wrong thread,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Genuine request ladies, just trying to help a friend, I know there is google but for some reason it is not working for her, it might be her machine not working properly,

Thank you in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've moved this to its own thread in the most appropriate forum

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Tbh she'd be better off going in to the likes of penny's and tesco or dunnes for newborn stuff because it'll be cheaper. If getting to the shops isn't an option for her she could look at www.nextdirectory.ie www.mamasandpapas.ie www.littlewoods.ie

I've used all of those and they've lovely stuff but they're definitely not the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Tescos baby clothes are excellent quality and very reasonable. They wash very well. I'd say the quality is much better than penny's for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

For a newborn the cheapest ones are the best because they'll be out of them so quickly. I prefer Tesco to Dunnes. Marks and Spencer and Next are good. H&M are very good for proper stuff and Zara have some really nice stuff but they are a bit more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tesco,Next and George do the best baby clothes.
    H and M do some really cute stuff but I have no idea of the quality of their baby stuff but they do brilliant clothes for older kids.

adverts.ie is good for 2nd hand stuff

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

+1 for F&F @ Tesco.. good quality, comfortable clothes.. they also cater for Preemies, not a lot of places do.

Also Penneys and Dunnes, nothing bad to say about any of their clothes and reasonably priced.

They really do grow very fast when they're newborn.. if you're buying for a friends baby, I think you're better off buying clothes in size 3-6 or 6-9 months.. Mammy will be delighted with these as she will probably get tonnes of newborn stuff.. on top of what she has already bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Thank you for all your help and advice, it is much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Guest1111

Tesco, Dunnes and Heatons are great quality. Also, www.mothercare.ie and debenhams do some lovely stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't find the stuff from Dunnes good quality for the cost at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I like babygrows and underwear from Tesco and Dunnes, but I found jeans for toddlers in Dunnes really bad quality (some plastic crap) and a lot of stitches on Tesco t-shirts tore after couple of wears. For me H&M are by far the best on quality/price for toddlers and older children.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

H&M baby clothes are great quality, I got a pair of skinny jeans for my son when he was 7 months old, I bought them a size bigger and turned the ends up when he was wearing them. He'll be two in September and the jeans are still being worn! I'd say I'll have to put them away soon cos they'll be too short but they're still in perfect condition despite being given the rough treatment of an extremely active toddler boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

I think the best places have been mentioned already but I would defo say don`t buy too much newborn stuff (or other stuff for that matter!), my daughter only fitted in hers a couple of weeks, my son who was 10lb never fitted in most newborn size, thankfully I only had one pack of vests and onesies from Tesco, very cheap and my husband just went back after a couple of days to buy the right size and color for the little boy!
    After that we got loads of presents and nearly all was clothes so didn`t have to buy for ages. If she`s not lucky enough to get hand-me downs from friends and family, defo look for second hand bundles on gumtree or advert.ie, I got bags for next to nothing and clothes between 0-12mths look like new!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

H & M, George@Asda, F&F @Tesco, Next and Bluezoo (Debenhams) are both lovely too but on the pricier end.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kennryyr

Try HipBaby.ie, run by a lovely Irish girl. Don't have a child and never ordered anything but websites very good and its 100% Irish owned.

Take a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

kennryyr wrote: »
    Try HipBaby.ie, run by a lovely Irish girl. Don't have a child and never ordered anything but websites very good and its 100% Irish owned.

Take a look :)

I forgot about hip baby! I have ordered from here a few times, great products. I love the frugi range. They are doing a promo until the end of the month for their new website. 15% off with the code 'Newsite'.

Advertisement