Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington is Stone Temple Pilots new singer.

Options
  • 21-05-2013 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

For all intents and purposes he seems to be there for a bit. This is a quality tune

I think Chester will fit in nicely with this band. His voice is very good. He sounds very similar to Scott Weiland here mind, but i don't know if that is just because it's STP. A brilliant move by STP bringing him in, it opens them up to a huge fanbase that they may not have been able to tap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

This have gotta be a píss take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

A new Army of Anyone album would have been better. I think Richard Patrick's voice is better than Chester's. The song isn't bad, but if it were under a different name, rather than STP, then it could be a good move for them.
    As it is, not much love spread on their FB page...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Jayz:eek:....did Weiland go walkabout again????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Grid. wrote: »
    Jayz:eek:....did Weiland go walkabout again????:confused:

He was sacked in February

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Feck sake!!:mad::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

They should put that name down and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Scott Weiland was actually sacked from Stone Temple Pilots in December 2012, officially confirmed in February this year

Out Of Time doesn't sound so bad, it'll take a few listens

Check out Army of Anyone folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Army of Anyone is okay, well worth a listen but Patricks voice crates on me after a while and his lyrics are me'h. Can't fault the playing as its top notch. Some decent toe tappers, but when I think of the De Leo brothers I automatically picture Weiland.

Well, if the album is good, I'll buy it. I'lll just forget they are called "STP". Saw them in the Olympia a few years back, and it was a really good gig. Ah, at least I have the memories. I'm tempted to get the Alive in the Windy City dvd.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I'm gutted to hear this - love Weiland's vocals. Was at that same gig at The Olympia in 2010, what a trip down memory lane that was. Saw them in The Barrowlands, Glasgow and also in The Marquee in London, mid 90's, when they got back together and I was that gig at The Olympia I was elated, ah well, I "may" listen to this new album but at the same time it would feel like betrayal :D - it's the vocals that maketh the band and I liked them the way they were..........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

saw them in donnington 3 years ago, and even though weiland was out of his tree
    the performance was amazing. was the highlight of the festivel for me.
    Very hard to replace that talent imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are Linkin Park breaking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are Linkin Park breaking up?

I doubt it, Chester will probably be juggling between the 2 bands, similar to how Myles Kennedy juggles Alter Bridge with Slash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pretty good tune, an interesting development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Pretty good tune, an interesting development.

This would be my opinion too. Looking forward to hearing a few more, Chester is a half decent singer imo.

Advertisement