Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dummy camera - any good?

Options
  • 21-05-2013 5:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Say your average scummer with no brain, would he spot a dummy camera?
    I guess an experienced burglar would know the difference, are the dummies a good option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Purpose made "Dummy" cameras are generally poor and look like dummy cameras.

What most pro installers do is install real camera housing with an old lens in up tight to the glass and you wouldn't tell if it was working or not.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 to all what Fred says.
    For the record. I have never installed a camera with a flashing red LED...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Say your average scummer with no brain, would he spot a dummy camera?
    I guess an experienced burglar would know the difference, are the dummies a good option?

Justy bear in mind that these same brainless scummers usually wear hoodies and keep their heads down..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    Justy bear in mind that these same brainless scummers usually wear hoodies and keep their heads down..........

The down side to CCTV in most cases....

• Advertisement
Advertisement