Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lunch spot in the city for €10 or less?

Options
  • 21-05-2013 6:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Howya lads.

On the train to Dublin at the minute and will be there until about 3ish this afternoon so I'm going to need to grab a nosebag at some stage.

Right now I'm thinking Boojum is winning in my mind as it's quick, beside the luas stop in jervis (so I can go there and then get to Heuston for the train handy enough) and it's cheap for the quality I thinks.

Anyone know of any hidden gems worth considering rather than just going somewhere I know?

Literally open to any type of food from burgers to sushi to a good salad or even an auld "toasted Special and bowl of veg soup" special in a pub.

OR, if you really wanted you could to two catagories.

€5 and under
    €10 and under.

Be interesting to see what you come with :)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

KOH is right beside Boojum, they do Thai food and most of their lunches are about €10/€10.50.

You get a fairly big meal for the price and it's delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Seaneh wrote: »
    Howya lads.

On the train to Dublin at the minute and will be there until about 3ish this afternoon so I'm going to need to grab a nosebag at some stage.

Right now I'm thinking Boojum is winning in my mind as it's quick, beside the luas stop in jervis (so I can go there and then get to Heuston for the train handy enough) and it's cheap for the quality I thinks.

Anyone know of any hidden gems worth considering rather than just going somewhere I know?

Literally open to any type of food from burgers to sushi to a good salad or even an auld "toasted Special and bowl of veg soup" special in a pub.

OR, if you really wanted you could to two catagories.

€5 and under
    €10 and under.

Be interesting to see what you come with :)

Cheers.

Mongolian BBQ is worth a look, all you can eat for €10 (all food cooked fresh in front of you), or €5 for a single helping at lunch time.

Neon up on Camden st is good and should get a meal for a few cents under a tenner I think. Lovely food, fresh ingredients.

I like Boojum but also consider Burritos and Blues, there are many locations but the best one is on Wexford/Camden St, the other locations are fairly poor and would pick Boojum over them.

Another option is to try Cassidys bar on Westmoreland St, they do a pizza and a pint for €10 (I think €7 for pizza on its on). Havent tried the pizza but looks good whenever I have been in for a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Galadriel wrote: »
    KOH is right beside Boojum, they do Thai food and most of their lunches are about €10/€10.50.

You get a fairly big meal for the price and it's delicious :D

This is the way to go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

chris85 wrote: »
    Mongolian BBQ is worth a look, all you can eat for €10 (all food cooked fresh in front of you), or €5 for a single helping at lunch time.

Another option is to try Cassidys bar on Westmoreland St, they do a pizza and a pint for €10 (I think €7 for pizza on its on). Havent tried the pizza but looks good whenever I have been in for a pint.

I'm not a fan of Mongolian BBQ. You have to choose your own concoctions of meat/veg and sauce which while fun is not often as tasty as ordering from the menu in a nice Thai/Japanese/Korean restaurant. Usually one or two plates is enough for most people anyway.

The pizza in Cassidy's is just cheap frozen pizza. It's grand with a beer if you're already there and/or its late but I certainly wouldn't choose to go there specifically to eat ( In comparison to Boojum for example where you can get a great Burrito and beer for €10 or The Portobello bar where you get a carvery dinner and pint for €10).

The Hop House is a Korean place on Parnell street. The lunch menu has plenty of nice things for around €7-10.
    There is a Spanish Tapa's place in the Epicurean food hall which does 3 Tapas for around €10. I love the Chorizo with Cider, the Croquettes, and the Paella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum
    Boojum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Mr.S wrote: »
    you get a bowel of rice

It's pre-digested for you?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Pifko on the quays going towards heuston. Soup and main courses for 995. Mains change daily. Also Burger and a pint for 995 Tuesday and Wednesday. Id recommended the blue cheese and mushroom burger

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

Here's a blog - eat for a fiver - reviews of Dublin eateries where you can feed yourself for a fiver or less

http://eatforafiver.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So, I ended up being finished waaay earlier than I thought and was able to make the 11.25 train back home, so didn't bother waiting around for lunch. I did grab something to eat though.

In the Asian market beside the Jervis Street Luas stop there is a hot food counter.

I got two of their dumplings, which were €1 each and bloody massive for the price. I was stuffed after the two of them. Really tasty as well, stuffed with pork and veggies and just lovely comforting CHEAP noms.

Ran next door to spar, grabbed a bottle of water, hopped on the LUAS and ate them while on the train. Decent lunch for less than €3.50!

Advertisement