Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news for couples considering IVF!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

scoob70 wrote: »

I read about this a few weeks ago. It's great news. The same technique is used, (and has been for a while) in Turkey where we had our treatment. This is why success rates are generally higher there than Ireland. We only had 2 good embryos of our 6 fertilised. We had both transferred and found out today we have 2 healthy fetuses, growing well and hearts beating away. So it is wonderful that this increased chance is available to couples here.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Ahh congrats Hello Lady - bet your pinching yourself- and twins! We been trying for 2 1/2 years now and no joy. I've been on fertility drugs with a trigger injection and timed intercourse for 3 months now and just had an all clear hsg but still nothing. Oh well my age is against me too (42) and never been pregnant. Don't think we can afford the IVF route, might be able to manage IUI thou. May I ask how long you tried and how old are you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Hi scoob70,

I am 35 and we had been trying for about 3 years total - first year was just us trying to pick the right times of the month and after 10 months when nothing happened we went to our GP who then referred us to the HARI unit. We then had 18 mths at the HARI unit trying drug therapies to assist my ovulation. I found them very good at the HARI unit, and got lots of scans and bloods etc, but they were not in any great rush to do any more investigations than that. So last October we sought a second opinion in Turkey where my sister lives and she had heard some good things about a particular hospital there.

We went for 10 days and had scans, bloods etc. They discovered, that not only did I have timing issues, but I also had implantation issues due to my having an auto-immune disorder. I was put on anti-inflammatories and meds to regulate my cycle and then at the end of March we headed back to Turkey. We stayed 3 weeks and had a cycle of IVF. 12 Eggs collected, 6 fertilised and 2 were viable for transfer. Roll on 8 weeks and here we are, twins on board and over the moon.

I hope your journey goes well for you. Might I suggest, if IVF is out of your price range, what about considering NAPRO? I have heard very good things about this.

Advertisement