Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Luigi U Disc, whats the story with it?

• 21-05-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So after the Ninty Direct last Friday they said they will release Super Luigi U on Disc in shops on the 26th July in a fancy green box.

I heard that the DLC will cost €20 on teh eshop and the Disc will cost €30 for a limited time. Now, I cheaked Amazon.co.uk and they have it up for £39.99 :eek:
    No listing on Zavvi or Gamestop....

Can anyone confirm what the prices are going to be?
    I do want the Disc version more-so than the DLC version.

EDIT: Real pricing from the Direct here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

Those are the American prices.
    $20 for DLC $30 for Disc.

Nintendo can't share RRP in Europe as it's against the law, the EU think it's anti-competitive.

So it's up to whatever they want to charge, and we all have to hope that they all decide to charge decent prices and compete with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Those are the American prices.
    $20 for DLC $30 for Disc.

Nintendo can't share RRP in Europe as it's against the law, the EU think it's anti-competitive.

So it's up to whatever they want to charge, and we all have to hope that they all decide to charge decent prices and compete with each other.

Ah, I remember that with the original pricing of the 3ds in 2011, Eu shops are idiots.

I hope to god they don't charge €50 or more for this DLC, I know its pretty much a full game with 82 levels but its still DLC to the original game, €/$20 to €/$30 sounds just right for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Slightly OT here. I know I heard about that whole Nintendo EU RRP thing but why are the likes of Apple, Sony and Microsoft allowed to set their prices?

But back on topic, I would like to get the disc version myself, partially due to just wanting it, but also due to the fact the DLC would be taking up hard drive space I could save by buying the disc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure what is up with the Nintendo RRP thing but they are only doing it in Europe and announcing a RRP definitely isn't illegal. They say that the shops in Europe have to set their own prices. If it has anything to do with being anticompetitive it's more than likely because they don't want to end up in court for being anticompetitive due to the massive price increase between Europe and the rest of the world and the price difference between the euro and sterling price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Europe seems to be a soft touch and companies are getting away with it big time charging a nice percentage on goods for no reason.

There's currently an EU Commission to look into the pricing of oil here compared to the rest of the world. Apparently theres a mystery, unquantifiable surcharge that none of the oil companies or analysts can explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I hope to god they don't charge €50 or more for this DLC, I know its pretty much a full game with 82 levels but its still DLC to the original game, €/$20 to €/$30 sounds just right for this.

Are these 82 new levels? If so it sounds like a whole new game.

Are these 82 new levels? If so it sounds like a whole new game.

They are re-workings of all the MarioU levels, changed to suit Luigi's higher jump, but there is no new levels or worlds.

How much are people on here willing to pay for Luigi U?
    I think max €30 for hard copy is the right price, anymore and I'll have to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Nintendo has announced that New Super Luigi U, the extensive DLC spin-off from New Super Mario Bros. U, will be available digitally from June 20.

Additionally, the game will be getting a standalone boxed retail release on July 26 in Europe and August 28 in North America. If you opt for the digital version, you'll need to own New Super Mario Bros. U, while no such constraint is placed on you if you want to pick up a boxed copy.

limited time only

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/meet-marios-replacement-in-new-super-luigi-u

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Nintendo has announced that New Super Luigi U, the extensive DLC spin-off from New Super Mario Bros. U, will be available digitally from June 20.

Additionally, the game will be getting a standalone boxed retail release on July 26 in Europe and August 28 in North America. If you opt for the digital version, you'll need to own New Super Mario Bros. U, while no such constraint is placed on you if you want to pick up a boxed copy.

limited time only

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/meet-marios-replacement-in-new-super-luigi-u

Eh, read my first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure what is up with the Nintendo RRP thing but they are only doing it in Europe and announcing a RRP definitely isn't illegal. They say that the shops in Europe have to set their own prices. If it has anything to do with being anticompetitive it's more than likely because they don't want to end up in court for being anticompetitive due to the massive price increase between Europe and the rest of the world and the price difference between the euro and sterling price.

Nintendo are scarred.
    Or it might be that they're based in Germany and it might be more stringent there than the UK where Sony and MS (probably) have their hq's.
    Like the whole No under 18's on the eShop until like midnight stupidity when the Wii U launched.

• Advertisement

So after the Ninty Direct last Friday they said they will release Super Luigi U on Disc in shops on the 26th July in a fancy green box.

I heard that the DLC will cost €20 on teh eshop and the Disc will cost €30 for a limited time. Now, I cheaked Amazon.co.uk and they have it up for £39.99 :eek:
    No listing on Zavvi or Gamestop....

Can anyone confirm what the prices are going to be?
    I do want the Disc version more-so than the DLC version.

EDIT: Real pricing from the Direct here

amazon prices only guess price they normal price down its too early to confirm a real rice wait around june to real price

more likely in june when gamestop or zavy or any other games store know about new luigi u

more likely in june or july when gamestop or zavy or any other games store know about new luigi u

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

That's one weird double post. Over 3 days apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Booked it in Gamestop Liffey Street yesterday,they don't have a set price as of yet but generally if the game is on the system the price is set at €60,on the day of launch the price will drop to the correct price so if you have paid as much as €60 you will get a refund of the difference, at the moment they are giving an extra 25% on all trade ins when you prebook something, good way of getting this game paid off on the cheap.:D

you could got it done for free if preordered from smyths toystores you can preorder games for free from from smyths toystores

new super Luigi u for wiiu is available from eshop now for those own new super mario bros U for €20 or those dont own new super mario bros U going wait until next Friday 26th of july to buy from a retail from €20-€30

for those that have new super mario bros U

insert new super mario bros u game disc into wii u and click on the game to active it and press green button in story mode screen and bring u where you can purchase the new super Luigi u for €20 and then pay for it and download and install and update new super mario bros u and enjoy your new super Luigi u
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/New-Super-Luigi-U-764675.html?at=mail&mailname=Launch_Mail_WiiU_New%20SuperLuigiU_A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Game is hard as hell

Booked it in Gamestop Liffey Street yesterday,they don't have a set price as of yet but generally if the game is on the system the price is set at €60,on the day of launch the price will drop to the correct price so if you have paid as much as €60 you will get a refund of the difference, at the moment they are giving an extra 25% on all trade ins when you prebook something, good way of getting this game paid off on the cheap.:D

its not just liffey street gamestop, u go can any gamestop u want and get same deal but i didnt pay €60, i paid minium deposit €5 and then i trade in 2 games and got an extra 25% discount on new super luigi u from henry street dublin

its not just liffey street gamestop, u go can any gamestop u want and get same deal but i didnt pay €60, i paid minium deposit €5 and then i trade in 2 games and got an extra 25% discount on new super luigi u from henry street dublin

You just repeated what I posted near 2 months ago and claimed it as your own idea, sometimes I wonder are you the archfiend troll ;), I used Liffey Street as an example, no where in my post did I state this only works in Liffey street, also I won't be paying €60 neither, Jebus I am very confused by all this...

• Advertisement

new super luigi u more likely price will be €20 - €30 from retailer since online rpp from nintendo eshop is €19.99

new super luigi u more likely price will be €20 - €30 from retailer since online rpp from nintendo eshop is €19.99

Its 30POUNDS on amazon.co.uk, so I would think Gamestop will try and pull a fast one and charge €39.99 when Nintendo SAID it will cost €30 across europe.

Very annoying.

I'll prob get the DL version at some stage.

if 25% discount is cheaper the €19.99 if isnt im downloading it too, besides so far my gamesstop store credit to buy my games ive trading in so many games ive nt spend any real money on games in ages

Gamestop are quoting €49.99 in store at the moment, Smyths are priced at €39.99 on their site. Here's hoping they both drop their price in the next few days.

€47.97 on Gamestop.ie, plus €2 post.

http://www.gamestop.ie/Wii%20U/Games/44959/new-super-luigi-u?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3DNew%2Bsuper%2BLuigi

http://www.toys.ie/-!130855-prd.aspx

I ordered off Amazon when it was down at £26.99

or else we just buy online to save because its only half price online at eshop

Personally, I prefer to have the disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I like to have it in my hands day of release so its Gamestop for me as my local Smyths store (Ken Black) doesn't get games till tuesday and online its probably a week later. So I'm stuck paying whatever Gamestop charges

thats it i m downloading new super luigi u from eshop its 2 expensive from retailer which is €39.99

and is only €19.99 online plus you 500 stars for your Nintendo count

while retailer one is €39.99 and plus you 250 stars for your Nintendo count

http://www.gamestop.ie/Wii%20U/Games/44959/new-super-luigi-u?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3DNew%20Super%20Luigi%20U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yeah but how much is it worth as a collectors edition in 5 years time in disc format vs nothing for dlc?
    Got it for Eur 30 from zavvi with a 10% off code.

Advertisement