Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Item did not scan

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering what is the procedure within tesco when a product doesn't scan - e.g not loaded onto their system.

Thanks,

Joxers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

they will probably manually enter the price of the product on the till as advertised at shelf.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any time its happened to me they didn't sell me the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭cml387

They have scanned a similar (for example different flavour) product for me when this happened, though I guess that will skew their stock control system.

You don't get it free;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

cheers guys,

was just wondering if i'd missed out - they scanned a similar item as it'd didn't even have am scl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Superquinn used to give the item for free. Tesco does not have a policy that I am aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

they should not sell it to you.

their insurance wont cover them for any loss incurred from using it.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    they should not sell it to you.

their insurance wont cover them for any loss incurred from using it.

What are you on about? Where did you get that from?

If I have a product that doesn't scan, I manually input the price. Insurance cover does not come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Well lets say worst case scenario you got food poisoning from eating product X, you would have zero proof that you bought that product there, you'd only have another product or a generic "Foods" on your receipt.

Sorry but I think thats extreme. This issue happens quite often and I think what you are saying is unrealistic.

You are assuming you have/still have a receipt.

I think this scenerio is not practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Well lets say worst case scenario you got food poisoning from eating product X, you would have zero proof that you bought that product there, you'd only have another product or a generic "Foods" on your receipt.

Yeh right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I picked up a toy before in tesco, no price to be seen on the shelf. Asked a lad of about 20 how much it was, he brought it the self scanner thing and it showed nothing. He then said "go to the counter and tell them Dave said this would not scan and should be €2". They just scanned it and put some code in and I got it for €2, it looked about €5-8 worth, receipt said "hardware" or something.

rubadub wrote: »
    I picked up a toy before in tesco, no price to be seen on the shelf. Asked a lad of about 20 how much it was, he brought it the self scanner thing and it showed nothing. He then said "go to the counter and tell them Dave said this would not scan and should be €2". They just scanned it and put some code in and I got it for €2, it looked about €5-8 worth, receipt said "hardware" or something.

Take it back, take it back RIGHT NOW.

You are uninsured if it injures you (seemingly:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We should all be dead then from the days when till receipts simply had
    Groceries  0.99
    Fruit and Veg 2.34
    Meat  5.76

at that rate..how did we ever know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Its a complete misconception that a receipt is proof of purchase. It's evidence of purchase along with a myriad of other things. Is it better that a receipt has items listed individually with a unique code and description, of course it is, doesn't make anything else any less valid.

Advertisement