Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashed Car in Bishopstown this morning

Options
  • 21-05-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see the unbelievable sight of a Volvo sitting up on a separating wall between two front gardens in Bishopstown this morning?
    It was just before the junction with Hawkes Road, here:

I presume it was a stolen car, but what's baffling me is how the hell did they manage to get the car into that position, basically mount the separating wall between two houses given angle from the road. Airbags deployed too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Saw that at about 7.05 this morning...seems to have just happened. Couldn't figure out how they got it there either. There was a man and a woman standing in the garden looking at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 drive.it

Passed it about 7am this morning, Couldn't belive how the car got up that high? I say they lost control at a high enough speed, hit the kurb and threw them up there? Seen the couple standing in their garden, when I drove around the corner there was a Garda in on the left side of the road about 100 meters off the Bandon Rd about, heading in the direction of the Sarfield Rd about, he was standing with a group of four of what looked like 16 - 18 year olds . I presume they carshed and ran with the fright, or maybe joyriding? So strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

saw something similiar on the dunkettle roundabout, i guess too much speed and under/over steering

Advertisement