Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peach Tree

• 21-05-2013 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

i planted this peach tree about 2 months ago and it doesn't look very healthy. see pics attached.

What should i do? do i wait a year and see or do i pull it out and forget about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭robbie checker

I bought a peach tree in Aldi last year and had it in a pot in the polytunnel as I wasn't sure where I would plant it and I remember it took a good while for the leaves to come on it - it was maybe June. I planted it in the ground in the tunnel last autumn and it flowered earlier this year and there are 2 peaches on it. I should have done some pollination work and might have gotten some more peaches but 2 is a start. I'd say give it a few weeks as the weather has been quite cold yet outside for the time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

It looks fine. You need to be patient :) Dont expect much in the way of growth this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Yeah, it's budding - that's the main thing. Mine (another from Aldi) isn't doing anything yet. It's interesting really, peaches are known for coming out early and getting hit by frosts, the variety 'Red Haven' must be latter blooming to miss them perhaps?

Advertisement