Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100Mbps instead of 1Gbps Cat6 Cable

• 21-05-2013 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Got some cat6 cable but can only get 100Mbps instead of 1Gbps. The cable in the other room which is Cat5e gets 1Gbps. No matter how many times I crimp it I can only get 100Mbps. Any reasons why you think this is all I'm getting from a 1Gbps cable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

how are you testing it? Are you going through a 10/100 device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

How long is the cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Testing it here
    capturepwp.png

The cable is roughly 30 feet long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A long shot but maybe wrongly labeled cable?

One more shot at crimping finally :)

capturegzl.png

Thanks guys for the replies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

crimping your own cables can be very frustrating you need proper patience putting them cables in :)

glad you got it in the end I know by wires 7 and 8 are mixed up in my room might have to fix it if we get 150mb net.

mad turnip wrote: »
    crimping your own cables can be very frustrating you need proper patience putting them cables in :)

glad you got it in the end I know by wires 7 and 8 are mixed up in my room might have to fix it if we get 150mb net.

Yeah very fustrating alright trying to get the wires straight and in line. Just make sure they're pushed up to the very top of the plug for best contact

Advertisement