Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn App Development

Options
  • 21-05-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking for general advice please...

I am working as .Net developer for the last 10 years...mainly on ASP.Net web applications (VB.NET & C#)

I am very interested in App Development in general and in iPhone apps in particualer ....

The place I work in are not interested in this...I am thinking to do this on my own (limited) time I already got a mac at home

What is the best way to start this? do you recommend any training course? book? and how to stay motivated? perhaps to work on a project?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sign up to the developer portal and have a look at the tutorials and documentation, they're pretty good and will get you setup with Xcode and create a small application.

Then you can go for a book, I bought this one and found it to be very good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1430245123/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To keep yourself motivated try to come with an idea for an app, nothing too big, something you can complete without needing huge amounts of effort, you don't need to create something that you will publish, just a complete app that helps you learn about the whole process.

And then you can take it from there to use what you've learned to develop a releasable app.

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If .Net is your thing look at Xamarin also.

Advertisement