Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuits in Limerick

• 21-05-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy a wetsuit in Limerick for windsurfing, swimming etc? I was in Gleesons last week but they have a poor selection and Elverys and Lifestyle dont do them..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Riverdeep mountains high on Patrick street. Emerald alpine on roches street

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Lidl have them from Thursday. Don't know anything about the quality though.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-6A4438B6-9F7C6EB7/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_31510.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

You could try http://nevsailwatersports.com/shop.html based in Kilkee but owner lives in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyone know of anyplace in Limerick or neighbouring counties that would repair a wetsuit? Zip on it is fecked and can't fix myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

There's a place off Nicholas streeet...can't think of the name of it, they have put zips into tents for me in the past and repaired upholstery for camper vans.

Irelanda they are called actually..just remembered there you'll get there number online...found em very nice to deal with
    Marty.

• Advertisement

martyc5674 wrote:
    There's a place off Nicholas streeet...can't think of the name of it, they have put zips into tents for me in the past and repaired upholstery for camper vans.

Brilliant. Will try first thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

+1 for Irelanda Canvas on Nicholas street

I've used them in the past to repair a ripped PVC boat cover, and found them very good,

Harry is the man to talk to 061-415040

Just spoke to him there. He doesn't do wetsuits. Back to square 1 and need my wetsuit for a relay this evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

panda100 wrote: »
    Just spoke to him there. He doesn't do wetsuits. Back to square 1 and need my wetsuit for a relay this evening :(

If you ring Adrenalin Sports and Cycles in Newcastlewest I'd say they would have a contact for you. Don't think they do it themselves but would be something they would know who would do it I'd say. I'm passing there in a few minutes if you wanted I could pop in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Try the zip yard... might do it for you.

• Advertisement

martyc5674 wrote:
    Try the zip yard... might do it for you.

Just went in there and they can do but would have to change the whole mechanism of the zip. I don't fancy risking a €600 tri wetsuit like that. Moral of the story, buy a wetsuit locally so you can get it fixed locally! Also, buy a cheap suit as it will inevitably get wrecked even when you look after it!
    JohnDozer wrote:
    If you ring Adrenalin Sports and Cycles in Newcastlewest I'd say they would have a contact for you. Don't think they do it themselves but would be something they would know who would do it I'd say. I'm passing there in a few minutes if you wanted I could pop in?

Oh your very good but I just rang them there myself. Looks like I have a lead! Wahoo.

Advertisement