Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advise

Options
  • 21-05-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I had a direct debit setup with Vodafone for a mobile bill pay service, but they have lost my account information. As far as I am concerned I will not be giving them my account details again, so my account has been cancelled and I have no mobile phone service.

Could someone in the know please advise me if they are in breach of any of my consumer rights, or any data protection rights before I proceed any further with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Why don't you just send them your details again. Mistakes happen.

Seems to me you're just being awkward for the sake of it. Vodafone don't care and you have no mobile service, so who's most affected by your stubborness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Esteban de la Sexface

I don't want to give them my details again because there has been a breach of trust. They were unable to give me a reason as to how my bank details were lost. I/They do not know if it was a technical or human error.

Attitudes like yours are why companies like Vodafone get away with providing unacceptable service levels in this country.

Why should I give personal information to a company who cannot guarantee the safety of that personal information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I assume its that you havent paid for the service now? If youve used a service, pay for it. Otherwise that could come bite you in the future, and phone operators are much more likely to affect your credit rating if you dont pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Esteban de la Sexface

xpletiv wrote: »
    I assume its that you havent paid for the service now? If youve used a service, pay for it. Otherwise that could come bite you in the future, and phone operators are much more likely to affect your credit rating if you dont pay.

I am being billed for a service I have been unable to use. My service has been cancelled at source but I am still being billed every month. I will quite happily pay for the dates that my service was still active, but I will not pay for a service I have not received.

Let me be clear, I am not looking for compensation or for any unfair return out of this. I want to get this cleared up and to see if I can break the contract with the service provider, legally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

xpletiv wrote: »
    phone operators are much more likely to affect your credit rating if you dont pay.

No, they won't/can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I am being billed for a service I have been unable to use. My service has been cancelled at source but I am still being billed every month. I will quite happily pay for the dates that my service was still active, but I will not pay for a service I have not received.

Let me be clear, I am not looking for compensation or for any unfair return out of this. I want to get this cleared up and to see if I can break the contract with the service provider, legally.

In that case, if you are not getting the service that was advertised/agreed upon, then yes, you have conditions to sever the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You have other options to pay your bill - cheque, bank transfer, credit card. It is you who are refusing to pay Vodafone, so they are entitled to cut off services. Unfortunately you are still liable.

Advertisement