Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Swapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I live in the UK and I really like that people are so open about sharing the fruits and vegetables of their gardens with other people. I know we catch our own fish and if we've lots give some to neighbours who in turn load us down with raspberries and onions and courgettes etc. I also bake bread for people who give us amazing hen and duck eggs. I think it's a lovely idea and I like the collective element but as far as a formalized food swap goes I am not so sure. What if some absolute mingbag joined the swap? :eek: I'm really a bit eek and funny about the origin of things and their levels of hygiene so I'd be wanting to know WHERE exactly the food had been swapped from. If it had been sitting at the back of a mankly, mouldy old cupboard I wouldn't relish it! Or meat when I wasn't sure of it's origins!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I quite like this idea too and its about time we started doing things like this in Ireland rather than being envious of trendy food centric places like Brooklyn and London.

The question is how to go about setting it up?

Suggestions from anyone who has any idea of how to start things like this would be great.

Advertisement