Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

cococoady wrote: »
    Never mind me last post. I just re read the last few posts and seen that I, myself, posted that we have 14 with the lists of names. It's been a long day haha

Haha brilliant! I know the feeling. I'm going to be out on my feet by five past 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

Do i need 2 be member of Kingfisher to play with you lads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

ToadPole wrote: »
    Do i need 2 be member of Kingfisher to play with you lads?

nope anyone can play

Nice Ill b there at 9 :) see ya there ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Another great game tonight. 15 showed up and it didn't feel overcrowded at all. The keeper with the batman tshirt (aka the monk) was legendary. Never seen anyone like that on goal on an indoor pitch in me life. Epic stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yea, it was a good game, didnt notice that there was 15 playing, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Another great game tonight. 15 showed up and it didn't feel overcrowded at all. The keeper with the batman tshirt (aka the monk) was legendary. Never seen anyone like that on goal on an indoor pitch in me life. Epic stuff

Unbelievable keeper and defender when he came out. Good game, still fcuking raging the volley hit the post. Didn't have a clue who was who except the regular lads I know.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yea, it was a good game, didnt notice that there was 15 playing, lol.

Ye non bibs had 8. Bibs had 7

kensutz wrote: »
    Unbelievable keeper and defender when he came out. Good game, still fcuking raging the volley hit the post. Didn't have a clue who was who except the regular lads I know.

Best miss hit shot EVER

Best miss hit shot EVER

You know me and my volleying :p especially in the Kingfisher. I suppose all your shots were miss hits too? :D

• Advertisement

Fear The Batman!! :D
    Awesome game people, best sporting evening for me this summer 4 sure :))))
    Looking forward for next week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

kensutz wrote: »

That was some strike in fairness, can't believe it didn't go in. I would like to say having a man less killed us off but we weren't at our best I don't think. The non bibs did a great job closing down our space and passes.

Maybe there should be a cut off point to joining a game once an even number like 12 or 14 has been reached? If we were to have uneven numbers every week it's going to be unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Enjoyed tonights game. Great to see the turnout so high. Yeah I think the keeper deserves a special mention for his man of the match performance. Some of them saves were unreal.

Thank you all for appreciation of my goalkeeping skills, but i need to add that i refuse to defend shoots from beefed guy in black shirt!!(don`t know name - sorry if i`m offending)
    Never got hit with such power - my wrist still doing merry-go around...
    And FAIL volley should been on Youtube :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Gotta echo the lads and say that was some inspired keeping all night.

I really enjoyed the game. I'm sure the imprivment is not noticeable but after a couple of years out I felt a world of a difference between tonight and our first night playing. I'm delighted we are getting the numbers so we can keep this going.

I'd reckon if the point comes that we hit 16 we should close the list for that week (although I'm not a fan of the idea). The uneven numbers did tell the last two weeks so if it happens again next week we might try "subs" or swap people half way or something.

There is currently €45 in the pot so I guess after next week we'll make a decision What to buy first. My call would be some blue bibs or an indoor football but I'm open to any and all suggestions

It's only a ball and hurts for a bit. Yeah I was hoping nobody would bring up that "volley". I was pulled back....... :o:p

ziedth wrote: »
    There is currently €45 in the pot so I guess after next week we'll make a decision What to buy first. My call would be some blue bibs or an indoor football but I'm open to any and all suggestions

Put it towards my heart surgery :p

Tbh I don't mind the uneven teams as long as I'm on the team with more players haha.
    Regarding the numbers it's a hard one to call. You could play 8v8 which would be a very cramped game but nonetheless playable. Or go for 7v7 which would be best. Anymore than that is a no go. Regarding the ideas of subbing on and off I would totally disagree with that. Lads want to go down for an hour of ball not to be going on and off every few mins.
    With the extra few bob built up already I think bibs are a must.
    I'll have a look on a few sites and see if anything pops up

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

http://www.mcsport.ie/mesh-bibs-bmensb/p-diabibsmesh-mpd.html

not too bad a price here,have to agree 7 v 7 would be a nice number,any more would be pushing it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I think we could probably go up to 8 vs 8. I think it's great that are are even talking about having 16, it's gone really well so far and this was our best week in terms of numbers and quality of the game.
    Another special mention to the Batman goalkeeper, some great saves that kept us in the game. I'm with Jason Todd on this one, having that man less told in the end.
    Had Ken scored that volley I crossed for him I'd still be celebrating in Kingfisher now.
    Ye I think two sets of bibs would be handy, it's been good that we've had one set but definitely another set would help. After that then I'd say ye an indoor football.
    Great game again tonight lads, looking forward to next week already.

• Advertisement

Perfect, I wouldn't be for it either TBH. I would hate to have 14 and somebody looks to come down and we have to say no over uneven numbers.

If anyone finds a decent price for bibs online throw up the link and I'll get them.

http://www.mcsport.ie/mitre-cyclone-indoor/p-probb1034ya1-5pd.html

Just make sure it's a size 5 football that u get.

Perfect, I wouldn't be for it either TBH. I would hate to have 14 and somebody looks to come down and we have to say no over uneven numbers.

If anyone finds a decent price for bibs online throw up the link and I'll get them.

I wouldn't go down the route of saying no if it was only 1 extra player. It still turned out to be a great game regardless. If more than 1 player extra shows up and it's a case of 18 or so lads there then it should go to whoever had their names on the list that do be compiled. 1st come 1st serve as they say.

Seems ideal, we could alomost get the ball and bibs along with a pump and still hve chamge.

Ye. Tis only £5 I think for postage aswell.

I wouldn't go down the route of saying no if it was only 1 extra player. It still turned out to be a great game regardless. If more than 1 player extra shows up and it's a case of 18 or so lads there then it should go to whoever had their names on the list that do be compiled. 1st come 1st serve as they say.

Sounds good to me anyway, i think everyone agrees that 14 would be an ideal number but we can push it to 16 if needs must.

Sounds good to me anyway, i think everyone agrees that 14 would be an ideal number but we can push it to 16 if needs must.

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If you get a pump, I have an indoor ball that I just need to get back off my cousin. I thought the ball I had along was grand for tonight's game anyway.

Just to echo everyone else, I really enjoyed that game tonight. The uneven numbers was a bit unfair but your keeper was just ridiculous! I don't think I've ever seen someone save so many shots.

There was some nice football played and no dirt or anything like that which is great.

I don't think we can go refusing someone for uneven numbers but if it went above 16, we'd probably have to cut it off. That's very unlikely anyway but I'd hope everyone that was there tonight would be back next week.

Advertisement