Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Slyy_Gil

1. Matt
    2. Coco
    3. Joey (cocos +1)
    4. Niall
    5. Jason (andersonisgod/bolt)
    6. Craig
    7. Keith
    8. Jamie
    9. Sutz (provisionally)
    10.atlantian1337
    11. Dempsey
    12. Gary
    13. Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

1. Matt
    2. Coco
    3. Joey (cocos +1)
    4. Niall
    6. Craig
    7. Keith
    8. Jamie
    9. Sutz (provisionally)
    10.atlantian1337
    11. Dempsey
    12. Gary
    13. Gil
    14.ToadPole

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

7 a side there now. Is that the cut off or are we going for 8 a side?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Yeah I think that should be the cut off. Any more will be a bit messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

8 vs 7 worked pretty well last week. The only problem really was that one team had a man less. I think the hall could probably hold 8 vs 8 but that would be the absolute limit. Should we wait and see if we get two more by Wednesday? Like Matt said, it would be a bit of a shame if we were turning people away who want to come and who have come before. I think we'd be fine letting 2 more people play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd say stay collecting names until tuesday because someone could have to drop out at short notice. Make a decision on 14 r 16 come tuesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is the anyone who played last week whose name isn't down? I wouldn't like to be turning away people who've played before.

Either way I think we can go to 16 as someone might have to withdraw. Like ken already said he's only provisional.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

theres another craig that played the last 2 weeks I dont think his signed up to boards tho but he'l be there

jebus84 wrote: »
    theres another craig that played the last 2 weeks I dont think his signed up to boards tho but he'l be there

That's 15 (assuming Ken can beat his injury) so 1 more I think? Are we missing anyone else who has also played before?

1. Matt
    2. Coco
    3. Joey (cocos +1)
    4. Niall
    6. Craig
    7. Keith
    8. Jamie
    9. Sutz (provisionally)
    10.atlantian1337
    11. Dempsey
    12. Gary
    13. Gil
    14.ToadPole
    15. Craig (not the same Craig as number 6)

Right so this is the updated list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

It seems theres a possibilty that we may have a couple more that might want to play on top of the 14 with their names down.

I agree that I wouldnt like to turn anyone away who wants
    a game of ball. We should make it open to 8 a side and hopefully that will accomodate everybody that wants to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

1. Matt
    2. Coco
    3. Joey (cocos +1)
    4. Niall
    6. Craig
    7. Keith
    8. Jamie
    9. Sutz (provisionally)
    10.atlantian1337
    11. Dempsey
    12. Gary
    13. Gil
    14.ToadPole
    15. Craig (not the same Craig as number 6)
    16. daaave

great to see numbers are so high and tis only sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Looks like I've missed the boat! :eek:

Feckin hell, ye don't hang around, I did twist my knee last week so was waiting to see if it'd heal up, it's fairly alright, so if Ken or someone drops out I can sub in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Looks like I've missed the boat! :eek:

Feckin hell, ye don't hang around, I did twist my knee last week so was waiting to see if it'd heal up, it's fairly alright, so if Ken or someone drops out I can sub in.

I'm only 50/50 ATM too so ya might be okay. I'd hate to see anyone not get a game just cause the numbers filled so fast. I guess we could see how 18 looks but Im happy to put it to a vote.

Like yourself I don't like to see anyone missing out. As it is yourself and Ken are maybes so we don't know for certain the numbers yet, and it's great that we have someone who can play if yourself or Ken can't make it.

It'd be great if we didn't have to leave anyone out any week but realistically I'd say 8 vs 8 is the very limit of the hall, that's just my opinion and maybe we can get a bit more feedback on that from everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quandido7

Well i was about to come on this and say I can't play this week as i hurt my leg from last week from the football game but ye seem to have enough already. Hope ye have a good game

I have to admit that my gut says that anymore than 16 would be a disaster. I'm glad it worked out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

yeah more than 16 would be over crowded

Regarding the pot we should have €75/80 after wednesday so my plan is to pretty much spend it on equipment like a two new sets of bibs, balls, etc. Very little point in letting it build up to the point that its too much to spend.

Once we are sorted that way i guess we can buy water before hand with it and have a "free" week every now and again by paying the €45 out of the pot.

Sounds good to me.

If anyone has a pump, could they bring it along on Wednesday? I got my indoor ball back but it badly needs to be pumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Actually lads I'll pull out of this Weds. Not injury related but have pre-season training that I need done for rugby refereeing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Sounds good to me.

If anyone has a pump, could they bring it along on Wednesday? I got my indoor ball back but it badly needs to be pumped.

have one there ill bring it along

Thanks for the notice Ken, Jason Todd if you're still available are you up for the game on Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Thanks for the notice Ken, Jason Todd if you're still available are you up for the game on Wednesday?

Oh no! I was just coming on to say I went for a light jog this morning to test out the knee but it's still way too tender to do any running or turning so I'll have to pull out I'm afraid. :( Sorry lads. Fingers crossed I'll be 100% for next week.

Also, until we realise every ones level, one way of picking teams could be to use the list, so Team A would be no.'s 1, 3, 5, 7 etc and Team B would be 2, 4, 6, 8 etc, that way teams are picked before we even get down to the hall. Just an idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yea, having the teams picked beforehand would be best, more time actually playing!

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Oh no! I was just coming on to say I went for a light jog this morning to test out the knee but it's still way too tender to do any running or turning so I'll have to pull out I'm afraid. :( Sorry lads. Fingers crossed I'll be 100% for next week.

Also, until we realise every ones level, one way of picking teams could be to use the list, so Team A would be no.'s 1, 3, 5, 7 etc and Team B would be 2, 4, 6, 8 etc, that way teams are picked before we even get down to the hall. Just an idea!

Np mate, and ye that's quite a good idea. I agree that it would be a big time saver if teams were already picked. Maybe we could try the list idea this week and see how that goes.

Also that leaves us with 15 so there's an open space for anybody interested in playing.

Yeah 15 so far:

1. Matt
    2. Coco
    3. Joey (cocos +1)
    4. Niall
    6. Craig
    7. Keith
    8. Jamie
    9. Daaaave
    10.atlantian1337
    11. Dempsey
    12. Gary
    13. Gil
    14.ToadPole
    15. Craig 2

I like the idea of picking teams on the wednesday too. To further the suggestion it'll become clear quite quickly who the stronger six players are give or take so we could just make Sure that those are split 3&3.

It's obvious that everyone is well able to play so I doubt we need to put too much thought into picking the teams as once you divide up the stronger lads it should really balance out.

ziedth wrote: »
    I like the idea of picking teams on the wednesday too. To further the suggestion it'll become clear quite quickly who the stronger six players are give or take so we could just make Sure that those are split 3&3.

It's obvious that everyone is well able to play so I doubt we need to put too much thought into picking the teams as once you divide up the stronger lads it should really balance out.

I think you're about right there Matt. Once the stronger players aren't all together, the teams will be pretty well-balanced. It'd be hard to say for now but in a couple of weeks we'll surely know.

So are we just randomising for this week? I know Wednesday's a bit away yet.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I think you're about right there Matt. Once the stronger players aren't all together, the teams will be pretty well-balanced. It'd be hard to say for now but in a couple of weeks we'll surely know.

So are we just randomising for this week? I know Wednesday's a bit away yet.

Ye I think so. Once we get the 16th person on the list we can do it like Jason said, odd numbers against even numbers or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

Actually lads the teams we had last week were even enough score was like 3-3 or 4-4 if we all remember what team we were on, but whatever is the most efficient way with the even odd numbers so we can get more time to play, also maybe we could get like hour and a half out of it instead of just one hour would be the business.

Advertisement