Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

cococoady wrote: »
    How hard was that haha

More difficult than any of us should ever admit haha. Until we get a second set of bibs, we have a system now so we won't have to do all of that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

More difficult than any of us should ever admit haha. Until we get a second set of bibs, we have a system now so we won't have to do all of that again.

Do you be on this 24/7. You seem to reply to everything almost straight away

Do you be on this 24/7. You seem to reply to everything almost straight away

Nah, I just browse about on my phone, right now I'm watching the avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I reckon about 5 people will turn up with dark jerseys tomorrow. I might actually do the opposite just to be different. :p

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I reckon about 5 people will turn up with dark jerseys tomorrow. I might actually do the opposite just to be different. :p

It would be pretty funny if even less people than usual wore dark jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Nah, I just browse about on my phone, right now I'm watching the avengers.

could one team come as the avengers tomorrow and the other in bibs :)

jebus84 wrote: »
    could one team come as the avengers tomorrow and the other in bibs :)

Yes, and the other team come as the justice league, a game of indoor football to decide the fate of earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

Well i know i will be puting on my red Flash outfit im going to be so fast lololol

Do we have an even number tonight. I've another lad who is interested in playing

Do we have an even number tonight. I've another lad who is interested in playing

I think we do alright coco. Nobody else has dropped out since we got up to 16 so I suppose we have to assume everyone who signed up will be along.

What colour jersey am I wearing again? :D

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »

What colour jersey am I wearing again? :D

Pink :-)

Right time for my reminder. I think someone is bringing an indoor football but maybe if someone brings along another football too just to be safe. We'll have the red bibs we normally have I think and Matt will also bring new red bibs too, he may also have a football pump. Thanks everyone.

Right time for my reminder. I think someone is bringing an indoor football but maybe if someone brings along another football too just to be safe. We'll have the red bibs we normally have I think and Matt will also bring new red bibs too, he may also have a football pump. Thanks everyone.

I'll have an indoor ball and the white one we used last week. Someone just needs to bring a pump for the indoor one.

See you all in a few hours.

Really enjoyed tonight's game. Teams were a bit uneven but sure we will learn from it for future games and move on

Really enjoyed tonight's game. Teams were a bit uneven but sure we will learn from it for future games and move on

Yeah it was good. Was my third game in three nights and was definitely the best of them. Like you said, the teams were a small bit uneven but we probably have a fair idea of everyone's level now so should be able to make them even from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What was the final score?

Dempsey wrote: »
    What was the final score?

Good question. I think there was 7/8 in it in the end. Not sure tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good question. I think there was 7/8 in it in the end. Not sure tho

Ya it was 8 in the end.

It didn't get off the ground for me tonight but as always I enjoyed tonight.

I think when we have the 16 names we'll see can we make a fair enough balance between the two. It shouldn't be that hard, tonight was the first night it's been a route.

Ye good game lads, we'll definitely do something different to pick teams next week. Fair play to the batman goalkeeper, some crazy good saves for both teams. Good job also on the whole dark shirt thing, that worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Yeah better if we pick the teams rather than leaving it to chance just to make sure we get more even teams. Still enjoyed the game though.

• Advertisement

1. Dempsey

Might aswell get the ball rolling for next week cos if the discussion over what we wear took as long as it did, god knows how long picking teams will take! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

1. Dempsey
    2. Keith

1. Dempsey
    2. Keith
    3. Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hey cheers for the game tonight. Really enjoyed it even if I did nearly keel over. I ain't able for two games in a row that's for sure.

Teams were probably a bit unfair alright but that's a tricky one when people don't know each other.

The keeper made some excellent saves I must say.

I won't put my name down just yet for next week as I'm not sure if I will be around but hopefully I will be

1. Dempsey
    2. Keith
    3. Matt
    4. Jason

1. Dempsey
    2. Keith
    3. Matt
    4. Jason
    5. Coco
    6. Joey

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

1. Dempsey
    2. Keith
    3. Matt
    4. Jason
    5. Coco
    6. Joey
    7. Jamie

Dempsey wrote: »
    1. Dempsey

Might aswell get the ball rolling for next week cos if the discussion over what we wear took as long as it did, god knows how long picking teams will take! :pac:

Hahaha

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Couldn't hurt to but your name down lassy, If you aren't around you can always pull out later on in the week. We'll have no problem finding another body by the look of it.

Just to say also, the pot is now €80. So I'm going to buy €50 quids worth of gear from the website coco put up last week tomorrow so hopefully we might be on the ball the next day.

• Advertisement

I suggest a buying a bigger goal for whatever team ToadPole is on...

Advertisement