Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

cococoady wrote: »
    I see lads getting together in De La Salle College pitch, the park and Bohs pitch on the cork rd. Would it be worth getting together somewhere like that if astro or indoor times don't suit?

Ya, I'll chance Kingfisher tomorrow cause we'll surely have 10 at this stage. I'll try it for 9 Wednesday or Tuesday.
    I'd be interested, I'm dying to get back into football cause I haven't played for a few years but ye all seem to know eachother so I'd feel awfully outta place haha

I really wouldn't worry, out of those who have posted only 5 would have played before and we wouldn't have all been together in nearly two years. apart from myself Kensutz and Lassykk everyone will have met through the forum to my knowledge.

I'm delighted we're getting this rolling now. If it's a success we could even swap to indoor for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Yeah I see a lot of people playing in de la salle every evening. Great when the weather is like today. Is it going ahead for next week if there's enough. Does everyone play a lot of ball like junior lge level or just casual.

Going by last time we were a real mixed bag but if you approach the game in the right spirit it won't matter.

I for example would be quite poor but I wasn't left for dead or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Just as a matter of interest/nosey, will you all be introducing yourselves and playing under your anonymous user names ?

If so, there could be some crunching tackles going in and also all the over reactions and histrionics that occur on the forum, you may need a CMod to referee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just as a matter of interest/nosey, will you all be introducing yourselves and playing under your anonymous user names ?

If so, there could be some crunching tackles going in and also all the over reactions and histrionics that occur on the forum, you may need a CMod to referee it.

Maybe a thanks for a few assists:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Sully can ref :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Sully can ref :)

It's probably safer for him with all the abuse he gets and he'd be used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

id be up for a game aswel lads trying to get the fitness back after a season off threw injurys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The thread has gone from strength to strength in 24 hours. Great to see it.

This is really for anyone at any level. If you're willing to come down and have a kickabout for an hour a week, that's all that's required. Perfect for people who are coming back from injuries or whose games have fallen apart and have just struggled to get back to it.

Judging by the responses there will be enough there for an 11 a side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Just to reiterate what Stefan said, would ye use usernames or actual names?! Usernames would be pretty funny! :D

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Just to reiterate what Stefan said, would ye use usernames or actual names?! Usernames would be pretty funny! :D

tbh I don't mind telling people my username and my real name when I meet them, I'm not expecting people to shout "AndersonisGod" everytime somebody wants to pass me the ball but that's just me, it's everybody's choice.

Ah it'll be real names but not necessarily the corresponding username - not for any privacy reasons or anything but it just might not come up! Same as meeting a new group to play sport with anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Just outta curiosity, being 18, I'll probably be the youngest or so there if I do go, yeah?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Ah it'll be real names but not necessarily the corresponding username - not for any privacy reasons or anything but it just might not come up! Same as meeting a new group to play sport with anytime.

If for some reason you are worried about keeping your anonymity PM me and we'll sort something out k?

Like Nkay said it won't come up. It's the same as just starting a new kick about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Where does this game get play and is it only for men?

We will find out later if Ziedth has managed to get a regular spot in at Kingfisher. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I'd imagine no, if you want to come down for a game I'm sure you'd be more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

And there was me thinking u were a fella by ur username lol

I wouldn't have a problem personally if you wanted to play

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

should be able to pop down for a game from time to time.
    there's plenty of young fellas in my class who'd be available too should we be stuck for numbers which seems unlikely at the mo.
    looking forward to catching up with some of the old boardsies (except for kensutz and cococoady!):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

cococoady wrote: »
    And there was me thinking u were a fella by ur username lol

I wouldn't have a problem personally if you wanted to play

No im neihter Irish or a Man, my other half openned the account for me and uses this the odd time, he gave me the name and i didnt know what it meant exactly til he was laughing at me on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

daaave wrote: »
    should be able to pop down for a game from time to time.
    there's plenty of young fellas in my class who'd be available too should we be stuck for numbers which seems unlikely at the mo.
    looking forward to catching up with some of the old boardsies (except for kensutz and cococoady!):p

Get ur ass down for a game of dodgeball first :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

Great idea me and few other lads were looking to find a regular game here in waterford.

If this gets up and rolling i can get 2-4 players every week for a game maybe even more

thread followed anyways looking forward to seeing this progress

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I reckon at this stage, the possibility of an 11 a side isn't too far off!

I reckon at this stage, the possibility of an 11 a side isn't too far off!

Haha that'd be a serious workout over the Summer. It's always handy to have a good numbers though.

The interest is huge so far. Looking forward to a game now.

Sorry, I meant to call into Kingfisher yesterday but I'll definitely call in after work today.

Watch this space....

The beauty of Kingfisher is that the small pitches can cater for varying numbers as you can just move the goal. Hopefully we can get a slot that suits a good few people and have our first game next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Won't be there next Weds as I'll be in Wembley. Thurs is out too.

Next week would be great. Sooner the better. If the kingfisher has no slots available is there any other suitable venues. Surely we can get it going one way or the other. Even the idea cococoady suggested of heading to park or somewhere similar might work.

• Advertisement

Next week would be great. Sooner the better. If the kingfisher has no slots available is there any other suitable venues. Surely we can get it going one way or the other. Even the idea cococoady suggested of heading to park or somewhere similar might work.

Ye hopefully we can get it going from next week onwards. Ziedth I think went in today so we'll know for sure what the story is with Kingfisher, the day and time. If it isn't available I'm sure there are other places, or even the park or DLS or Bohs.

Advertisement