Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Right I think Craig 2 mainly plays as a defender but also kind of a midfielder too?

So there we have positions for everyone who is playing tomorrow. Lot's of defenders and midfielders, one proper striker and one goalkeeper. Still though from that we should be able to split the teams relatively better than last week anyway. I'm still not sure how we are going to do that but I'm definitely hoping we can get it sorted before we are playing.

Also, this is unrelated to the game on Wednesday, myself and a few lads from the Champions League thing (including Keith who also plays on Wednesday nights) are playing on Thursday at 2pm in Kingfisher on the astro turf. I know that time probably isn't great for a lot of people but if anyone is free and wants to come along for a game they are more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

TEAM 1 TEAM 2
    Matt. Mike

Gary. Craig

Dave Kieth

Coco Jason 2

Joey Jason

Gil Toadpole

Dempsey Craig2

Niall Jamie

I just totted that up to try and get a even number of attacking/defending players. Im on the mobile so couldnt format it so bare with me. How does it look?

Like coco said we can always switch it if needs be....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

Right I think Craig 2 mainly plays as a defender but also kind of a midfielder too?

Also, this is unrelated to the game on Wednesday, myself and a few lads from the Champions League thing (including Keith who also plays on Wednesday nights) are playing on Thursday at 2pm in Kingfisher on the astro turf. I know that time probably isn't great for a lot of people but if anyone is free and wants to come along for a game they are more than welcome.

I`m definitely in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    I just totted that up to try and get a even number of attacking/defending players. Im on the mobile so couldnt format it so bare with me. How does it look?

Like coco said we can always switch it if needs be....

Maybe coco or Gary onto Team 2 but other than that, I'd say it's grand.

ToadPole wrote: »
    I`m definitely in :)

Brilliant mate, with you in we have 10 so far, basically we are trying to get used to playing football with each other for the Champions League tournament, Keith and I are on the same team as we have a friend in common, we played on Saturday, we won our game but the performance could have been better (to put it kindly) so we think the best way to get better is by playing.

Anyone else interested is welcome to come along, 2pm on the astro at Kingfisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

I will be there on thursday if i dont get a game on wensday mate

I will be there on thursday if i dont get a game on wensday mate

Are you good to cover me tonight budd? I threw out my back in work...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

Yeah i will defenetly be there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

ziedth wrote: »
    Are you good to cover me tonight budd? I threw out my back in work...

Will you be out of action long?

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Will you be out of action long?

Nah man, it happens more often then I'd like but a couple of days taking it easy and I'll be grand. I should be grand for next week

• Advertisement

Right so team-wise Atlantian is replacing Matt and I think Nkay suggested switching Coco or Paul to the other team, if anybody wants to decide who will switch with who and we get the teams finalised I'll write them down and bring them to the game tonight so we'll know for sure which teams everyone is on.

Right so team-wise Atlantian is replacing Matt and I think Nkay suggested switching Coco or Paul to the other team, if anybody wants to decide who will switch with who and we get the teams finalised I'll write them down and bring them to the game tonight so we'll know for sure which teams everyone is on.

I said switch either Coco or Gary to Team 2 so pick one of them, swap them with whoever's opposite in the list and we'll go with that. Can change if needs be but at least we'll have teams when we arrive.

Gary's before Coco on the list so does if Gary switches with Craig is that ok with everyone?

Also my weekly reminder, please remember bibs and a football. Also I'm assuming we are doing the dark shirt thing again.

Gary's before Coco on the list so does if Gary switches with Craig is that ok with everyone?

Also my weekly reminder, please remember bibs and a football. Also I'm assuming we are doing the dark shirt thing again.

Yep dark shirts worked well, I thought. I have the ball and I don't know who has the bibs.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yep dark shirts worked well, I thought. I have the ball and I don't know who has the bibs.

I thought so too, good stuff mate and I think usually it's Jamie that brings bibs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

So everyone wears dark shirts, and then one team gets bibs?

Jason Todd wrote: »
    So everyone wears dark shirts, and then one team gets bibs?

Ye that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Did Matt get the new bibs yet?

Great game of ball tonight but I'm beginning to have a disliking for batman haha. Have to make sure I'm on his team next week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

cococoady wrote: »
    Great game of ball tonight but I'm beginning to have a disliking for batman haha. Have to make sure I'm on his team next week :-)

We'll have to tie his laces together in future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Good game. Worked out a lot better than last week. Batman was on fire again. Someone needs to call the joker or the penguin to try and upset him.

Dempsey wrote: »
    We'll have to tie his laces together in future!

Tie his hands to the posts more like it lol

Hey Matt. What's the chances of this thread being made a sticky. Or even starting a new one where we put our names down for the following week. You can open and close that thread as necessary then, from a certain time on the following day so everyone will know about it

Good game everyone, better than last week, fair play to Matt for picking quite good teams (I might just be saying that cos I was on the same team as the Batman goalkeeper).

Like I said, I'll start the list for next weeks game at 6pm tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that.

cococoady wrote: »
    Hey Matt. What's the chances of this thread being made a sticky. Or even starting a new one where we put our names down for the following week. You can open and close that thread as necessary then, from a certain time on the following day so everyone will know about it

Starting a new one would probably be our best bet, people seem to miss the stickies and it's a common complaint that we have too many on the forum as it is.

Just to say as we'll bibs and a second ball were ordered on Friday.I'm hoping to have them before Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Any room for newcomers? Not **** but wouldn't call myself a bad ball player either, but well able to have a good kick about. Any room in the one tomorrow at 2pm in the Kingfisher??

tbayers wrote: »
    Any room for newcomers? Not **** but wouldn't call myself a bad ball player either, but well able to have a good kick about. Any room in the one tomorrow at 2pm in the Kingfisher??

Absolutely mate, a few of the lads who play on Wednesday will be there. You're also more than welcome to play on Wednesdays, just keep an eye out on this thread for the list, it'll be posted at 6pm.

Also Jamie if you make it tomorrow, any chance you could bring the bibs with you mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Absolutely mate, a few of the lads who play on Wednesday will be there. You're also more than welcome to play on Wednesdays, just keep an eye out on this thread for the list, it'll be posted at 6pm.

I might be able to play tomorrow, ill know tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Dempsey wrote: »
    I might be able to play tomorrow, ill know tomorrow morning

Good stuff, sure we will see you tomorrow if you can make it. We should have a nice few there now.

Advertisement