Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

cococoady wrote: »
    Anyone out there interested in a game of junior league football, either 2nd or 3rd div, Park Rangers are having an open training session on Tuesday night at 7:30 down in Faithlegg. It will just be a warm up and a game of ball and a chance for those who have never been down there before to check out the facilities and set up

Nah :p

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Here are directions for anyone interested that might not know where the pitch is.

Pass off the Faithlegg House Hotel on your left and take the first left after maybe 500 yards. Turning into a small windy road drive carefully until you come to a T junction and turn left. Keep driving for a few hundred yards and you will come straight into the ground car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Still one short for wednesday. Thats mad seeing as we got like 14 in a few hours. Anyone want to take a stab at teams? Was it a fair game last week?

ziedth wrote: »
    Still one short for wednesday. Thats mad seeing as we got like 14 in a few hours. Anyone want to take a stab at teams? Was it a fair game last week?

Was a fair game bar the keeper. We decided after the game that Batman should play half a game for each team. Might even it up a bit more then

Seems fair,

I'm sure some people hate being on as much as me and that way it at least spreads it out that bit more between the two teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

1.Jason
    2.Jamie
    3.Craig
    4.Batman
    5.Atlantian
    6.Keith
    7.Jason (no. 2)
    8.Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave
    9.Dempsey
    10.Niall
    11. coco
    12. joey
    13. Mike
    14. Matt
    15. Craig
    16. Joco (ToadPole +1)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    Seems fair,

I'm sure some people hate being on as much as me and that way it at least spreads it out that bit more between the two teams.

Yeah and the usual thing of people not taking their turn in goal which really bugs me. Hopefully people can be conscious when they haven't been in yet and take their turn.

Ye that annoys me aswell.

Joey just rang me to say he can't make it Wednesday. He hurt his knee playing ball last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I think that has us at 15, but it's only Sunday so we might get 1 more on board.

1.Jason
    2.Jamie
    3.Craig
    4.Batman
    5.Atlantian
    6.Keith
    7.Jason (no. 2)
    8.Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave
    9.Dempsey
    10.Niall
    11. coco
    12. joco(Batman's +1)
    13. Mike
    14. Matt 
    15. Craig

New list there, i dont imagine it being an issue to find the extra player. Like yea said its early days

• Advertisement

Joco and coco. Now that's gonna get confusing haha

16. Ricky Van Wolfswinkel :)

Fixed that for you sutz :-)

16. Kenalwaysgettinginjuredsutz

Fixed that for you sutz :-)

16. Kenalwaysgettinginjuredsutz

I haven't been injured. Just busy :p

Anyone out there interested in a game of junior league football, either 2nd or 3rd div, Park Rangers are having an open training session on Tuesday night at 7:30 down in Faithlegg. It will just be a warm up and a game of ball and a chance for those who have never been down there before to check out the facilities and set up

Reminder that this is on tomoz.

Anyone interested who wants a lift let me know.

Reminder that this is on tomoz.

Anyone interested who wants a lift let me know.

I'd be interested in going, I'm looking for somewhere to play this season, and Park Rangers wouldn't be bad since the bus goes from the Woodlands to Ferrybank. If it wouldn't be a bother could me a lift tomorrow, I could meet you by the Woodlands hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quandido7

Well I think I will go to this tomorrow to see how I get on. I played a couple of games for park rangers about 10 years ago. Andersonisgod I will give you a lift if you like at woodlands if coco dont get back to you as I live near there.

quandido7 wrote: »
    Well I think I will go to this tomorrow to see how I get on. I played a couple of games for park rangers about 10 years ago. Andersonisgod I will give you a lift if you like at woodlands if coco dont get back to you as I live near there.

Thanks a lot mate, it'd be much appreciated. I don't know how far the pitch is from the Woodlands, so whatever time you think would suit you, I'll be there then.

Thanks a lot mate, it'd be much appreciated. I don't know how far the pitch is from the Woodlands, so whatever time you think would suit you, I'll be there then.

Well if I meet you at 7:10 and we will be there just before 7:20 sound ok to you? You wouldnt really be able to walk there

Well if I meet you at 7:10 and we will be there just before 7:20 sound ok to you? You wouldnt really be able to walk there

Ye that's perfect, thanks a lot mate, will I meet you in the carpark of the hotel or by the bus stop on the road?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Coco, I'd be very interested in joining Park Rangers for the new season, but I can't make Tuesdays for the next few weeks. Would there still be a chance of joining closer to the start of the season? Would training always be on a Tuesday night?

Ye that's perfect, thanks a lot mate, will I meet you in the carpark of the hotel or by the bus stop on the road?

Well I dont mind, the bus stop is probably handiest as I will be driving past that direction. That ok with you? I will be driving a white civic.

Well I dont mind, the bus stop is probably handiest as I will be driving past that direction. That ok with you? I will be driving a white civic.

Ye mate the bus stop is grand, thanks again, I'll see ya there at 7:10 tomorrow.

Would you have one more spot in car for me? Walking there be disaster..

ToadPole wrote: »
    Would you have one more spot in car for me? Walking there be disaster..

Yeah that would be no problem at all if i met you at woodlands where I am meeting jason at the bus stop at 7:10 I will bring you out if you want? Yeah you would never walk there

I see ya have it sorted Jason for a lift but if anything changes ya have me number.

@jasontodd we also train on Thursdays at the same time Mike so if ya can't make Tuesdays then Thursdays are grand. I won't be there meself this Thursday but I should be for the rest

I see ya have it sorted Jason for a lift but if anything changes ya have me number.

@jasontodd we also train on Thursdays at the same time Mike so if ya can't make Tuesdays then Thursdays are grand. I won't be there meself this Thursday but I should be for the rest

Ye, thanks mate.

Yeah that would be no problem at all if i met you at woodlands where I am meeting jason at the bus stop at 7:10 I will bring you out if you want? Yeah you would never walk there

Thanks, appreciate that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Very short notice but does anyone fancy a game on Southend's astro at 18:30 this evening? I can collect if necessary. Pitch is by tesco ballybeg.

Advertisement