Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Sorry lads, can't make tomorrow. Work!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

kensutz wrote: »
    Sorry lads, can't make tomorrow. Work!

Yeye ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Right just on the teams for tomorrow. I thought last weeks teams worked out quite well, this week there are a couple of people who weren't there last week and from last week there are a couple who wont be there this week. At the moment we have 15 confirmed, if we find 1 more than great, if not then maybe if the batman (otherwise known as Toadpole, the goalkeeper) goes on the team with 7 (since he basically counts as 2 people anyway) and the other team have 8, that's if we don't find another player.

I thought the teams Matt picked worked well, maybe if Matt makes a couple of switches, just to freshen it up a bit, I'll write down the final teams and I'll bring it along, like last week cos I thought that actually saved quite a bit of time. So Matt, the pressure is on you, if you want mate I don't mind helping out though.

Also have the new balls and bibs arrived yet? If not then fingers crossed Jamie brings the bibs and we have footballs.

Also sorry Nkay1985, a few of us went to the Park Rangers open training session so some of us weren't about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I'm happy to make a stab at the teams again. I really like the idea of swapping Batman half way through so we'll have to keep that in mind.

Still no sign of bibs/ball. I'll make a call in the morning but I'd definitely plan that they won't be there. I assume Niall still had the ball from last time.

Just for anyone lurking we still need one player if your interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Also sorry Nkay1985, a few of us went to the Park Rangers open training session so some of us weren't about.

Yeah I saw that alright. It was no bother anyway, we had 10 in the end.
    ziedth wrote: »
    Still no sign of bibs/ball. I'll make a call in the morning but I'd definitely plan that they won't be there. I assume Niall still had the ball from last time.

I do still have my ball but it wasn't great when we used it tonight. It needs to be pumped at the very least but may be on the way out, which wouldn't be bad considering I have it a good few months and it's getting well used. Bring the pump along anyway and we'll see how we go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

just got a text off craig 2 something has come and he cant make it it tomorrow, he said sorry for the late notice

jebus84 wrote: »
    just got a text off craig 2 something has come and he cant make it it tomorrow, he said sorry for the late notice

nb mate, thanks for the notice. That has us at 14, arguably the perfect number for the hall. Of course if anyone else wants to play they are more than welcome to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Looking forward to the game. It's gonna be pretty warm in there I reckon! :p

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Looking forward to the game. It's gonna be pretty warm in there I reckon! :p

Same, 7 vs 7 might actually be our best week yet.

Anyway Matt might be working so I don't know if he will have time to pick the teams so I'll see what I can do with them. I'll write them down and bring them along, if everyone thinks they wont work they can shout at me and I'll quickly make a few changes, democracy in action!

If you have time, throw the teams up here and you might get some feedback on any changes that need to be made. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

Same, 7 vs 7 might actually be our best week yet.

Anyway Matt might be working so I don't know if he will have time to pick the teams so I'll see what I can do with them. I'll write them down and bring them along, if everyone thinks they wont work they can shout at me and I'll quickly make a few changes, democracy in action!

yeah think be better game i find it very cramped sometimes feels like theirs never ending defenders infront of ya haha!

7 v 7 should allow for better game hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

Is it at 9 oclock as usual yeah? and i think we should be going for 1hour and half like last time,hours game goes by way to quickly.

Ok so here's what I ended up with, if anyone thinks they aren't great then feedback is totally welcome.

Team 1:
    Matt
    Dave
    Jason 2
    Batman
    Niall
    Atlantian
    Dempsey

Team 2:
    Mike
    Keith
    Coco
    Craig
    Jason
    Joco

Is it at 9 oclock as usual yeah? and i think we should be going for 1hour and half like last time,hours game goes by way to quickly.

Ye 9 o clock. Thing is the place usually closes at 10 so we can't ask for an extra half an hour, but if they frget about us again this week and we get an extra half an hour then I wont complain:D

Ok so here's what I ended up with, if anyone thinks they aren't great then feedback is totally welcome.

Team 1:
    Matt
    Dave
    Jason 2
    Batman
    Niall
    Atlantian
    Dempsey

Team 2:
    Mike
    Keith
    Coco
    Craig
    Jason
    Joco

Is it 7 v 6???

cococoady wrote: »
    Is it 7 v 6???

Add Jamie to team 2.

Add Jamie to team 2.

Ah that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Dempsey wrote: »
    1. Dempsey -Defender/Midfielder
    2. Keith -Defender
    3. Matt -Defender
    4. Jason -Midfielder
    5. Coco-midfielder
    6. Joey
    7. Jamie -Defender
    8. Niall -Defender
    9. Gary -Forward
    10. Craig -Midfielder / Forward
    11. Sly_Gill Provisional - Sly_Gill to confirm
    12. Jason (no2) -Defender
    13. ToadPole -Goalkeeper
    14. Mike -Midfielder
    15. Craig 2
    16. Daaave -Defender

judging by this list we have nearly all defenders! think we need to swap at least one of our defence for someone more attacking minded otherwise i'll have to do an old gary Doherty on it tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

whoever collects the money i didnt pay was rushin of to get the bus nearly missed it aswell had to flag the busdriver to stop halfway up the road for me haha but will just bring 10 next week

was thinkin aswell when pot grows quite big and balls/bibs are sorted we should try organize something maybe few drinks bitta grub one night etc see what people want to do with it maybe other ideas? any idea whats in pot atm?

good game tonight

toadpole every week you never fail to surprise me some top drawer saves again tonight well done

Sorry I was out of the shop all day so didn't get on the thread to input into the teams.

Anyway, I loved that tonight. I'm still **** but it's the first time since we've started playing that I didn't feel 3 or even 4 steps behind. Starting to feel like I'm going to pass out after 40 minutes instead of 10 :-)

Edit: a night out is actually a brilliant idea....

• Advertisement

I agree with the 2 lads there, that was a great game of ball tonight, there was just a little bit more time and space and everyone wasn't being crowded out by the sheer weight of numbers. Batman keeper was almost unstoppable tonight, it took Coco to have to almost break his jaw to finally score on him.

A night out is a great idea, brilliant suggestion.

Fcuking batman :-)

Night out is a great idea but I doubt there's enough for 1 drink each in the kitty yet. Prob be another couple of months before its anyway decent

Enjoyed that tonight, pity about the uneven numbers! Batman was only unreal in the goal. If you tried placing a shot he'd save it, so that meant you'd blast the next chance and he either touched that onto the crossbar or they'd go wide.

Just out of curiosity, what colour are the bibs that have been bought?

Maybe we'll try and pick a weekend end of September? We seem to clear €25/30 every week so we'd have the bones of €300 if we waited till then. stick that behind the bar and we'd be more then half way there by the time it runs out...

Edit: it's 8 Red and 8 kinda yellow Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quandido7

Well really good game tonight I am wrecked after it. It was great organised defence in the first half by us in the red bibs and again the keeper is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Maybe we'll try and pick a weekend end of September? We seem to clear €25/30 every week so we'd have the bones of €300 if we waited till then. stick that behind the bar and we'd be more then half way there by the time it runs out...

Edit: it's 8 Red and 8 kinda yellow Mike.

You might even get a bag of peanuts to throw in people's pints! :D

Cheers for the game lads. Really enjoyed it. That time when Coco nicked the ball from behind me just as I was about to shoot was the most frustrating thing ever! Was a brilliant challenge - I didn't even feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Yeah good game again tonight. The heat was tough going. Night out is a good idea. Best to leave the fund build up as long as possible so theres plenty of beer money. Pretty much run out of superlatives to describe batmans acrobatics at this stage.

Would I be right in saying he only conceded 3 all night. the long one in the first half, Coco's beltter and the tap in?

It's just madness how hard it is to score on him.

• Advertisement

Would I be right in saying he only conceded 3 all night. the long one in the first half, Coco's beltter and the tap in?

It's just madness how hard it is to score on him.

Scoring with the cross/shot from inside my own half is pretty much my high point of the weekly games, it's all downhill after that. Credit Jamie for his terrific dummy header.

Advertisement