Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

So I've set up a fantasy league, it's called "Waterford Weekly Indoor Fantasy Football League" and the code to join is 43820-13317

I have to warn everybody though, I'm pretty terrible at this game.

I'm not much better. I usually start well, then forget about it or keep faith with underperforming players and when I start making changes at christmas, the damage has been done. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Tectonic Tiki Taka - what a gay name for a football team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

cococoady wrote: »
    Tectonic Tiki Taka - what a gay name for a football team :P

I was there for ages trying to think of a word that begins with the letter "T" that would sound cool alongside tiki taka, "tectonic" was as good as it got :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

So I've set up a fantasy league, it's called "Waterford Weekly Indoor Fantasy Football League" and the code to join is 43820-13317

I have to warn everybody though, I'm pretty terrible at this game.

Thats a mouthful! Would "Kingfisher League" or "Kingfisher Indoor League" not have done the trick! :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thats a mouthful! Would "Kingfisher League" or "Kingfisher Indoor League" not have done the trick! :pac:

Haha I just wanted to make it a challenge for everyone.

• Advertisement

Going back to tommorrow night, i'm highly doubtful to play so if there was someone who wanted to play but was holding back (ie Kensutz:D) ya can take my place. Hurt me side, leg somehow in work :mad:

Nb Coco, thanks for the warning.

I think that gives us 12, which would be grand and is an even number. If we find 2 more before tomorrow that'd be great.

Going back to tommorrow night, i'm highly doubtful to play so if there was someone who wanted to play but was holding back (ie Kensutz:D) ya can take my place. Hurt me side, leg somehow in work :mad:

How will Batman get man of the match now he won't have all your shots to save?! :pac::pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nah out cycling tomorrow.

Mike
    Joey
    Batman
    Craig
    Jason
    Dempsey
    Jamie

Matt
    Daave
    CoCo
    Craig2
    Jason2
    Keith
    Atlantian

So that makes it 7 v 6 does it not? Surely we can get someone in?!

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Mike
    Joey
    Batman
    Craig
    Jason
    Dempsey
    Jamie

Matt
    Daave
    CoCo
    Craig2
    Jason2
    Keith
    Atlantian

So that makes it 7 v 6 does it not? Surely we can get someone in?!

Craig 1 is out too so 6 vs 6 ATM.

Craig 1 is out too so 6 vs 6 ATM.

Mike
    Joey
    Batman
    Craig
    Jason
    Dempsey
    Jamie

Matt
    Daave
    CoCo
    Craig2
    Jason2
    Keith
    Atlantian

Ah right so, things are even then. That's the main thing I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Still a good day left. We might get the couple more. 6 is a perfectly fine number anyway.

Teams can started as they are for the first half an hour and we can evaluate then.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Mike
    Joey
    Batman
    Craig
    Jason
    Dempsey
    Jamie

Matt
    Daave
    CoCo
    Craig2
    Jason2
    Keith
    Atlantian

Afraid i'm gone too this week, final exams all this week and feck all studying done lately with all this good weather. cya next week.

No panic Dave,

I'll text around and see are any of the lads about.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Going to have to pull out aswell 2mro. Was training tonight and have a game thurs.

Right lads that leaves us with 10 assuming everyone else makes it. 10 would be fine, even numbers, if anyone finds a few people and gets that up to 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 then all the better and less running.

Going to have to pull out aswell 2mro. Was training tonight and have a game thurs.

Who ya playin for?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Who ya playin for?

Bohs.

In other news I found out today what happened with the gear. I hadn't used my new Visa Debit card online before and BOI stopped the transaction (oversees company I guess) and didn't bother to tell me. It's sorted now.

• Advertisement

Just bumping this to see if anyone else wants to come along tonight?

We've 10 as it stands.

Lads I'm really sorry but I can't make it tonight. I know that's a problem for the numbers but something's come up.

I've tried a few people I play another game with, but no-one available at this stage. :(

Edit: A game at 8 (in Kingfisher astro funnily enough) has collapsed due to lack of numbers, so I'm just waiting on a text now, I know a few of them and I'm pretty sure a couple of them will want to jump into our game at 9, so we might get back to 6-a-side maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

lads something just came up and Im going to be working late tonight tried to put it off but I cant,dont think il be finished in time for soccer I hope that doesnt **** up yer game cause I know yer low on numbers as it is

Mike
    Joey
    Batman
    Dempsey
    Craig
    Jason
    Jamie

Matt
    Craig2
    Jason2
    Atlantian
    Daave
    CoCo
    Keith

I think this is how it stands now. 4 v 4 is too few for a hall that size, so fingers crossed I'll get a text back shortly with a few people available to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

Can we not just move the goals closer,i will ask one guy aswell

Goals are bolted to the ground.

I'll come down and play. Won't be at much but at least it brings the numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Goals are bolted to the ground.

I'll come down and play. Won't be at much but at least it brings the numbers up.

You can stand in the goal and Batman can wallop the ball off you! :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    You can stand in the goal and Batman can wallop the ball off you! :pac:

Haha. Speaking of batman, I was talking to him a few mins ago. He can't make it tonight either. He sends his apologies.

• Advertisement

Haha. Speaking of batman, I was talking to him a few mins ago. He can't make it tonight either. He sends his apologies.

Is the game going to go ahead so? I haven't heard anything back from that other game so I'm assuming he's finding it hard to get numbers.

Mental amount of people pulling out.

Advertisement