Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi all, provisionally booked for Wednesday at 9. That sound good? I tried for tuesday but latest time I could get was 7 so I went with the Wednesday.

Only problem is as luck would have it I might have to work late but for the moment I'm good.

Now, the way we used to do it before was put your name on a list and people who can go will copy and paste it to their post then add their name. So for example:

1. Ziedth (first post)
    2. Andersonisgod (copies 1)
    3. Pele (copies 1 & 2)
    4. On so on.... (copies 1,2 &3)

So list for Wednesday night @ 9:

Ziedth (unconfirmed)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wednesday at 9 is grand, thanks again mate for setting everything up.

Right I hope I do the list thing right, it's a good idea, gets solid confirmation of what the numbers will be like. If this isn't right then my apologies, and I'll have the hang of it by next week.

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is it astro or all weather or what?

I hope to be able to make it, woefully out of shape right now and could do with a fun way of knocking some pounds off!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »

I hope to be able to make it, woefully out of shape right now and could do with a fun way of knocking some pounds off!

As far as I know it's an all weather. btw I'm not sure what they allow on the pitches in terms of footwear, whenever I've worn blades, I assume non-metal studs are ok too? Or astro turf boots?

At the end of the day it's a fun way to get a bit of exercise in, I get pretty bad fitness wise over the Summer so I'm looking forward to the game of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Tried to do the copy and paste thing but couldnt manage it. Slightly illiterate on these computers. Anyway no sooner had I posted the message and the missus informed me that I have to attend a graduation on wed. Was really looking forward to it but id be grand for every other wed after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

funny-soccer-pictures-soccer-and-nrl-23573933-380-309.jpg

sorry peeps......
    havent time anyway would be too much of the above...............

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Im in anyway

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84
    5. Mooley22

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I think I can make it, if I can't, I'll let ye know well in advance.

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84
    5. Mooley22
    6. Whatsisname

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84
    5. Mooley22
    6. Whatsisname
    7. PremierDeise

kryogen wrote: »

Ya it's an all weather down in Kingfisher. We have one third of an Astro so room shouldn't be an issue.

Can a couple of people bring a ball? We'll have enough in the pot after this week to buy a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84
    5. Mooley22
    6. Whatsisname
    7. PremierDeise
    8. Nkay1985

I'll bring a ball so we'll have one anyway.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84
    5. Mooley22
    6. Whatsisname
    7. PremierDeise
    8. Nkay1985

I'll bring a ball so we'll have one anyway.

Good chance I could be stung on a late shift which is incredibly rare. If I'm not around will you sort the money and run it from next week?

ziedth wrote: »
    Good chance I could be stung on a late shift which is incredibly rare. If I'm not around will you sort the money and run it from next week?

Yeah no bother. Is it €50?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

I can bring a ball aswell if someone brings a pump.

Right so we definitely have 1 football anyway, 2 if somebody brings a pump. We have bibs too.

I'm just wondering lads, what kinda numbers are we aiming for?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah no bother. Is it €50?

Good lad, €40 for the hour. Anything left over we can either pool or just by water and **** for the following week.

Numbers wise I'd guess just see How many we can get to sign up. We'd easily fit 14 on the pitch so there is no need to worry about having to many.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

1. Ziedth
    2. Andersonisgod
    3. Cococoady
    4. Jebus84
    5. Mooley22
    6. Whatsisname
    7. PremierDeise
    8. Nkay1985
    9. Da6xsi

i can get more players easily if we dont get enough through here so ill keep an eye on the thread and see how numbers turn out but ill be bringing 1 more with me maybe more if we need the numbers.

Got word today,

Annoyingly the one time in a blue moon i have work a night is this wednesday. But ill around every week there after, i dont work far from Kingfisher so if i can nip down at 9 to say hello i will.

Anyway, new updated list is below. Id suggest anything under 12/14 people on wednesday someone might try and drat in a few mates.

Andersonisgod
    Cococoady
    Jebus84
    Mooley22
    Whatsisname
    PremierDeise
    Nkay1985
    Da6xsi

• Advertisement

Got word today,

Annoyingly the one time in a blue moon i have work a night is this wednesday. But ill around every week there after, i dont work far from Kingfisher so if i can nip down at 9 to say hello i will.

Anyway, new updated list is below. Id suggest anything under 12/14 people on wednesday someone might try and drat in a few mates.

Andersonisgod
    Cococoady
    Jebus84
    Mooley22
    Whatsisname
    PremierDeise
    Nkay1985
    Da6xsi

No bother, if you can't make it this week we'll see you next week. Good call too on the numbers, I know you can move the goals but ideally I'd say the least amount of players you'd want is 12 because it is a pretty long pitch. If anyone has any mates that want a game and can be there for Wednesday night I'd say ask them to come, better to have too many players than too few.

Ya you can bring them up no bother but we easily fit 14/16 on the "full length" when we played. I'd suggest waiting till tomorrow or even tuesday night before we start calling mates.

Give people on the forum every chance to see the thread ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Dont forget to count me in for a spot from next week onwards. Just caught with family stuff this wed. I was mad for a game and all. I never played in the kingfisher but played on a few astro turf pitches. I find you have a better game on the bigger pitches. Kingfisher sounds like a good spot.

Dont forget to count me in for a spot from next week onwards. Just caught with family stuff this wed. I was mad for a game and all. I never played in the kingfisher but played on a few astro turf pitches. I find you have a better game on the bigger pitches. Kingfisher sounds like a good spot.

No bother. We'll be doing a list like the one above every week, at least for now.

Ya you can bring them up no bother but we easily fit 14/16 on the "full length" when we played. I'd suggest waiting till tomorrow or even tuesday night before we start calling mates.

Give people on the forum every chance to see the thread ya know?

Ye that's probably right, we might get a few more from the forum on board (pun very much intended) before Wednesday.

Ya, I'm the same as you. I know Lassykk will be around from the end of June and would always play when he can.

I think it's important that we never turn away someone who wants to play on the forum. Like 8 or even 9 a side is tight but I'd rather have that than say we have too many when we have a list of 14.

All came to all and we consistantly are hitting the high teens in numbers we can play subs or book two pitches.

Luckily for lazy and unfit people like me the more really is the merrier as I can get away with less running :)

Just throwing this out there ...... Ireland Vs England match is on Wednesday night. Im not sure if everyone realised it was on when giving their commitment this week???

Just throwing this out there ...... Ireland Vs England match is on Wednesday night. Im not sure if everyone realised it was on when giving their commitment this week???

That's true. Personally I'm not that bothered about the Ireland vs England game but I can understand if others are and want to watch it. Ziedth said that the 7 o clock slot on Tuesday is free, I wonder would that suit everyone who put their name on the list? It would just be for this week then after that it can go back to being Wednesday at 9. If I can get a bit of feedback to that idea soon that'd be great cos I'm heading into town later on and I could pop into Kingfisher and tell them Ziedth's (or his real name) booking at 9 won't happen this week and ask if we could instead have the pitch for 7 on Tuesday.

Or if everyone who signed up is still fine with Wednesday at 9 then I'll leave it as it is.

That's true. Personally I'm not that bothered about the Ireland vs England game but I can understand if others are and want to watch it. Ziedth said that the 7 o clock slot on Tuesday is free, I wonder would that suit everyone who put their name on the list? It would just be for this week then after that it can go back to being Wednesday at 9. If I can get a bit of feedback to that idea soon that'd be great cos I'm heading into town later on and I could pop into Kingfisher and tell them Ziedth's (or his real name) booking at 9 won't happen this week and ask if we could instead have the pitch for 7 on Tuesday.

Or if everyone who signed up is still fine with Wednesday at 9 then I'll leave it as it is.

Im easy enough on it. It wouldnt bother me as such but I thought it might bother others.

• Advertisement

Im easy enough on it. It wouldnt bother me as such but I thought it might bother others.

Fair enough mate, tbh I only realised they were both on the same time yesterday. Like yourself I wouldn't be too bothered missing the Ireland vs England game, I'm just hoping to get a bit of feedback on it and the Tuesday night idea for this week before going into town.

Advertisement