Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Right lads my match in Carriganore is off so I can make it tonight do count me in as number 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Right lads my match in Carriganore is off so I can make it tonight do count me in as number 10.

1st. Matt Elliott
    2nd. Niall Quinn
    3rd. Coco The Clown
    4th. Joey Essex
    5th. Mike Tyson
    6th. Atlantian
    7th. Dempsey
    8th. Jason
    9th. Fergal (Niall)
    10th. Andersonisgod

Two more and we're laughing. Think we had 12 last week and it was a decent game. Anyone know if Batman is playing? Was he down at Park Rangers last night?

Jason Todd wrote: »
    1st. Matt Elliott
    2nd. Niall Quinn
    3rd. Coco The Clown
    4th. Joey Essex
    5th. Mike Tyson
    6th. Atlantian
    7th. Dempsey
    8th. Jason
    9th. Fergal (Niall)
    10th. Andersonisgod

Two more and we're laughing. Think we had 12 last week and it was a decent game. Anyone know if Batman is playing? Was he down at Park Rangers last night?

He wasn't, much like Batman after The Dark Knight he seems to have disappeared, hopefully he reappears. Two more players would be great if we could find them. 6 aside would be grand.

I wonder has he retired after Coco stuck a hat-trick past him last week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I definitely have one more anyway. Should I try to get another or does anyone else have irons in the fire?

1st. Matt Elliott
    2nd. Niall Quinn
    3rd. Coco The Clown
    4th. Joey Essex
    5th. Mike Tyson
    6th. Atlantian
    7th. Dempsey
    8th. Jason
    9th. Fergal (Niall)
    10th. Andersonisgod
    11th. Jamie (Niall)

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I definitely have one more anyway. Should I try to get another or does anyone else have irons in the fire?

1st. Matt Elliott
    2nd. Niall Quinn
    3rd. Coco The Clown
    4th. Joey Essex
    5th. Mike Tyson
    6th. Atlantian
    7th. Dempsey
    8th. Jason
    9th. Fergal (Niall)
    10th. Andersonisgod
    11th. Jamie (Niall)

Great stuff mate, if you can get one more then I'd say definitely go for it man.

Yeah, go for it Niall. I tried 5 people who would usually be good for a game but there was no go, so I'm all out of ideas. If you can get another 1 it'll be 12. That's ideal, and I would even say Matt might even be able to get 2 aswell if he sees the thread in time to give us the 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Yeah, go for it Niall. I tried 5 people who would usually be good for a game but there was no go, so I'm all out of ideas. If you can get another 1 it'll be 12. That's ideal, and I would even say Matt might even be able to get 2 aswell if he sees the thread in time to give us the 14.

I might be able to play as my match had been cancelled tonight. can confirm in a little while but if u get someone else before then it's no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

sorry lads for late reply but i'm out with an injury too

lassykk wrote: »
    I might be able to play as my match had been cancelled tonight. can confirm in a little while but if u get someone else before then it's no bother

If you're around then you're more than welcome to come along. We could definitely do with 1 more to even up the numbers but if we can get even more than that then all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

If you're around then you're more than welcome to come along. We could definitely do with 1 more to even up the numbers but if we can get even more than that then all the better.

Sorry lads wasnt thinking... can't do a ten o'clock finish as I have something on later. hope ye get enough to play.. sorry again

Asked two more. One is in Dublin. The other is working but may possibly be finished in time. He's going to let me know. So still at 11, I think.

Anyone with any news on the elusive 12th player? I tried a couple to no luck.

Anyone with any news on the elusive 12th player? I tried a couple to no luck.

No luck here, literally just got a no from the last person I text. Really thought Coco or Matt would have been on by now and been able to get someone :( Ah well, we'll fire away with the 11 I guess and hope someone extra like Batman or Andy shows up.

No luck here, literally just got a no from the last person I text. Really thought Coco or Matt would have been on by now and been able to get someone :( Ah well, we'll fire away with the 11 I guess and hope someone extra like Batman or Andy shows up.

Or anyone else who wants to show up at 9 at Kingfisher.

Feck it, we'll be grand. See you in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good game tonight,

Thank Fergal for coming down Niall. I think one team was quite a bit stronger but bizarrely I think it was a draw (or one in it either way) by the end.

I'm playing a second game on a Sunday now and I'm really starting to feel the difference. I'd hazard a guess that I'm just about as useless as I was in when we had the boards team as opposed to a complete liability when we first started.

It's ridiculous how much I look forward to these games every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Dunno when ye plan on starting the roll call for next week but I'm giving the heads up that I won't be there. Have a match down in park rangers.

As a kind of knock on effect of that, I wont be able to make next week either for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sher might aswell get the list for next week going

1. Dempsey

• Advertisement

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson

• Registered Users Posts: 30 atlantian1337

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian
    4. Jamie

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian
    4. Jamie
    5. Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian
    4. Jamie
    5. Niall
    6. Craig 2

Starting to take shape a little now,

I guess we'll keep it as normal and if and when we are a few short we text around and try draft in a few people.

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian
    4. Jamie
    5. Niall
    6. Craig 2
    7. Mike

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian
    4. Jamie
    5. Niall
    6. Craig 2
    7. Mike

If it looks like we'll only get 8/10 per week maybe we should look at a smaller hall. I don't fancy calling and texting half my phone book every Wednesday.

That's a fair point. We can move in the seats like we did the first night of course. Would we get a hall much cheaper then €45 elsewhere?

ziedth wrote: »
    That's a fair point. We can move in the seats like we did the first night of course. Would we get a hall much cheaper then €45 elsewhere?

I would say they could all be cheaper than €45? I play a few different halls and iirc Waterford Crystal hall was €30, De La Salle hall was €30 (we were ex-students though) or €35 and the Butlers Community Centre hall was €40.

• Advertisement

1. Dempsey
    2. Matthew Upson
    3. Atlantian
    4. Jamie
    5. Niall
    6. Craig 2
    7. Mike
    8. Jonathan (Mike)

Advertisement