Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

What have I started :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

1. daaave
    2. Matt

Myself and the lads in work were trying to get a game of ball off the ground but we couldn't really get the numbers every week. I'll see can I get a few of them to play to try and make the numbers back up. It'd be a pity to late the game fold as I really do enjoy it but life does have a habit of getting in the way alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

ive an exam in thursday morning so im going to be studying,so il be gone this week but should be there for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

1. daaave
    2. Matt
    3. Niall
    4. Jamie (Niall)

Bump,

Sadly it looks like we could be coming to the end if we don't get a few players. I'll text around after work and see can I find anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 quandido7

1. daaave
    2. Matt
    3. Niall
    4. Jamie (Niall)
    5. Jason

Well it's mad that we had 16 last week and now only have 5 this week.

no craig or myself,hope ye gets numbers

1. daaave
    2. Matt
    3. Niall
    4. Jamie (Niall)
    5. Jason
    6. Kennedy

I'd say we're sunk. If there is no sign by six bells I'll call kingfisher and postpone for this week. What I'll do then is send a group PM to anyone who played or was interested over the thread that hasn't already pulled out. If we can get 10/12 from that we'll try and soldier on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Any word from Joey, Batman, andersonisgod (Jason), the other Craig, Gary, Dempsey, atlantian1337, slygill?

I'd say a smaller hall might be the way forward for the game.

college staring the 9th we'll have plenty of lads asking to play wed fill out the hall,if we could hold out till then wed be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

This week I cant, though next week I should be ok.

I'll Ring Kingfisher after and tell them we can't this week but will be OK next week. Hopefully we'll find at least 8 that we can play a no goalie game or something, Jebus makes a good point about college coming back. I'd hope that the PM to people in the thread will make an impact too.

If we got the 8 for tonight I'd soldier on with it.

If we did decide to go ahead say with DLS at half 8 on a Wednesday or a smaller hall on another night it might be worth looking into. It would be nice to be able to get away with 8 and have 12 an ideal number.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Just texted Joey. He is out aswell. He is after picking up a game if ball at an earlier hour. 9-10 wasn't suiting him

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

1. daaave
    2. Matt
    3. Niall
    4. Jamie (Niall)
    5. Jason
    6. Kennedy
    7. Batman

ToadPole wrote: »
    1. daaave
    2. Matt
    3. Niall
    4. Jamie (Niall)
    5. Jason
    6. Kennedy
    7. Batman

I'll hold fire till 7. Maybe we'll get a few last minute players. We probably need the 10 in my opinion.

Jamie's going to see if he can get a couple. ill let you know how he gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

something has come up lads. i'll have to give it a miss tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I can play but I dont have runners!, anyone have some old size 11's I could use this week? :o

That's that then,

I'll ring Kingfisher when I get a chance. Hopefully anyone on the list here will check but of anyone has the lads above phone numbers you might kindly text them.

I'll send out that message over the weekend and we'll see where we are at.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

Will be back myself next week if going ahead and can bring an extra from now on if stuck for numbers

Also if anyone here is playing 2nd/3rd division and thinks theres room for one more let me know as am mad to get back playing football regularly i seen park rangers are looking and would be ideal but im about a 35 min drive from the grounds and would be too awkward so any teams round the city would be ideal feel free to pm as im not fussy just want to get back training regularly :)

Handy that this was cancelled tonight as I didn't get out of work until after 21:00! Will be grand for next week and hopefully we'll get the numbers.

Is the game finished?

doesnt look good

1.jamie

I got offered a different position in work so im not around this week. Working till 11.

If you do get the numbers ill organise to give someone the gear in town tomorrow.

A little bit late notice but myself and a few friends have the Kingfisher astro booked for 1 o clock, if anyone is around and looking for a game they are welcome to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is this meeting completely dead now? I wouldnt have minded a kick around, strange that it went from being such a regular and well-attended event to just nothing. I have organized events like this a few yrs ago and in my experience its usually one or two people who are d!ckheads and nobody wants to say it and gradually numbers just shrink until it vanishes, now that might not be the case here but surely a few lads are still interested in weekly knockabout???

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ToadPole

Im still up for it if you get few lads 2gether

Is this meeting completely dead now? I wouldnt have minded a kick around, strange that it went from being such a regular and well-attended event to just nothing. I have organized events like this a few yrs ago and in my experience its usually one or two people who are d!ckheads and nobody wants to say it and gradually numbers just shrink until it vanishes, now that might not be the case here but surely a few lads are still interested in weekly knockabout???

I know what you mean, but imo everyone was sound out. There wasn't one row the whole time I was there iirc. My own commitment to the game went by the wayside due to time constraints, that, and a knee injury meant it wasn't worth it, but in my experience, the game was always a good standard and the lads were sound. Baffling the way it just vanished alright.

• Advertisement

So I've talked to a few lads who played every week and the comments here showed that there is still an interest in getting a game. As it is myself and a few friends (and a few lads who I don't know but were just looking to play a game of football) have the astro turf in Kingfisher booked from 6-7pm on Monday evenings. I realise that time is not ideal but trying to book the astro for a later time or a different day is difficult with other commitments and what not. Anyway tomorrow will be the third week that the game will happen, if any of the lads who played the game of ball indoor want to come along for a game they are more than welcome to.

Advertisement