Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm happy enough to go ahead with the agreed time. I'll just record the second half or whatever and watch it when I get home. Too short notice to go re-arranging now, i'd have thought. hopefully people can still make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Wednesday is good for me aswell. I won't be watching another Ireland match as long as trapadopey is in charge :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

If its tuesday this week I can play no bother. If not then Ill join in next wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just throwing this out there ...... Ireland Vs England match is on Wednesday night. Im not sure if everyone realised it was on when giving their commitment this week???

That's why I said I couldn't make it a few pages back. I'm working at it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If its tuesday this week I can play no bother. If not then Ill join in next wed.

Sorry man, it looks like the game will go ahead on Wednesday this week, I just threw the Tuesday idea out there if everybody wanted to watch the Ireland vs England game instead but it seems the lads that put their name down will come.

Sure we'll see ya next week for a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

cant make it myself this week but ill defo keep a eye out for next week! and wed is a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Im still ok for Wednesday once my chauffeur is still going aswell :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Im still ok for Wednesday once my chauffeur is still going aswell :P

You'll sit in the back seat and be quiet like a good boy haha

If anyone fancies a game of dodgeball before hand, we will be down in de la salle college indoor hall from 7-8. It would be a great warm up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We seem to have hit a wall with Kingfisher. I rang to see could I block book it for the rest of the summer and it seems the time is gone. 7-8 is free but I see that will cause a problem with cococoady.

Seemingly 8-10 is gone for the next 10 weeks and it has been with the last couple so they shouldn't have told me it was free.

So that leaves us in a bind, we might have to postpone this week and thrash out a plan for next week onwards or try and organise a rush job between tonight and tomorrow.

Any thoughts? I'm less than pleased about the whole thing.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    We seem to have hit a wall with Kingfisher. I rang to see could I block book it for the rest of the summer and it seems the time is gone. 7-8 is free but I see that will cause a problem with cococoady.

Seemingly 8-10 is gone for the next 10 weeks and it has been with the last couple so they shouldn't have told me it was free.

So that leaves us in a bind, we might have to postpone this week and thrash out a plan for next week onwards or try and organise a rush job between tonight and tomorrow.

Any ideas for a different venue for tomorrow? After that we can come up with a more solid plan for the rest of the summer.

The de la salle indoor hall is free after dodgeball from 8-9. Ya could try get that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sounds good to me. We wouldn't be stuck to weather or anything then. Only issue would be I'd be 10 min late weeks that I'm working but sure what harm. I could see could I get out 15min early.

Probably beat to put it up to a vote.

Edit: could just have a knock around in DLS tomorrow and we sort out the rest of the summer this week.

Sounds good to me. We wouldn't be stuck to weather or anything then. Only issue would be I'd be 10 min late weeks that I'm working but sure what harm. I could see could I get out 15min early.

Edit: could just have a knock around in DLS tomorrow and we sort out the rest of the summer this week.

I think that'd be for the best. If we get 1 game in and get it rolling I think it might make it easier to set up the rest if the summer.

Maybe Bohs or Villa might have their astro turf available at 9 on Wednesday? Maybe one of those two could be the long term option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If De La Salle is free, I'd be happy enough to go with that for this week and we can work something out for the rest of the time after that.

There are plenty of Astro pitches around these days so we'll have plenty of options but we'll just need time to sort them.

I dont really mind where we play tomorrow either once we get a game somewhere but 7-8 or 8-9 would suit me alot better for the other weeks

A knock around indoors or out on the field?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

there is a little astro pitch in at the back of river walk apartments/behind villa that's rarely used.
    30 for the hour but only suits 5-6 a side.

daaave wrote: »
    there is a little astro pitch in at the back of river walk apartments/behind villa that's rarely used.
    30 for the hour but only suits 5-6 a side.

That's not bad and as far as I know I'd say if a couple of the lads bring a mate or two we should have around 5 or 6 aside. Would it definitely be available for the time though and who would have to be contacted to book it?

That's not bad and as far as I know I'd say if a couple of the lads bring a mate or two we should have around 5 or 6 aside. Would it definitely be available for the time though and who would have to be contacted to book it?

There is a reception in the middle of those apartments. Prob the best place to try

• Advertisement

cococoady wrote: »
    There is a reception in the middle of those apartments. Prob the best place to try

Right so would 9-10 there suit everyone? Or should we go with DLS (indoor or on the pitch) just for next week?

I might be passing that way in the morning. I could call in and see. Maybe Ziedth or Andersonisgod could pm on yer phone no and I'll let ye know what they say

I might be passing that way in the morning. I could call in and see. Maybe Ziedth or Andersonisgod could pm on yer phone no and I'll let ye know what they say

That'd be great mate, I'll be around town tomorrow so if you can't make it in just text me and I'll run in. btw you have my number, I'm Jason (Bolt).

That'd be great mate, I'll be around town tomorrow so if you can't make it in just text me and I'll run in. btw you have my number, I'm Jason (Bolt).

Ah bolt me aul buddy. And when u say run in u actually mean run in haha

Ah bolt me aul buddy. And when u say run in u actually mean run in haha

haha that'll be my warm up for the game.

just rang reception,tomorrow 8-9 is available in river walk if interested.
    that is usually the last available slot .

Any time suits me. But I dunno if that suits Coco or some of the other lads. If it's alright for them then go for it, but if not then we can have a game at DLS tomorrow. Either way we'll have a game and that's all that matters anyway, once it suits everyone.

Ah boy Dave. Never thought of it being open now. U partaking urself?

8-9 every wednesday would be perfect for me but whatever time suits the majority im happy with.

• Advertisement

sure am coco,dodgeball @ 7-8 then straight over for a game of footy!

Advertisement