Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

PremierDeise
    2. Mooley22
    3. Andersonisgod
    4. Nkay1985
    5. Cococoady
    6. Buzzinfly83
    7. Daaave
    8. Cian
    9. Steven
    10. Jebus84

looking forward to it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Great to see so many people signing up lads. Fiver a head sounds good to me and we can put any excess into a kitty for balls/bibs but I'll go with the majority.

Looking forward to it now. 8pm Riverwalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I won't make tonight, but hopefully I'll be available next week. Enjoy the game lads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Lads is the entrance to the pitch through riverwalk or is it the villa pitch?im conflustered haha

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Mooley22 wrote: »
    Lads is the entrance to the pitch through riverwalk or is it the villa pitch?im conflustered haha

through riverwalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

The hour is booked in my name, Graham Coady. I'll prob be a couple mins late as I have dodgeball from 7-8 in de la salle first. Who ever is there first can give my name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

cococoady wrote: »
    The hour is booked in my name, Graham Coady. I'll prob be a couple mins late as I have dodgeball from 7-8 in de la salle first. Who ever is there first can give my name

No bother I'll take care of it.

Great game tonight. We had 11 players there with one going off after half an hour. Really enjoyed it

Maybe i shouldn't be allowed mind anyone's bag next time haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

cococoady wrote: »
    Great game tonight. We had 11 players there with one going off after half an hour. Really enjoyed it

I just wasnt able for it at all :D
    2 hours sleep followed by a game of ball is not good :)
    I think the name Bambi comes to mind for meself after tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It was a cracking game tonight, I'm wrecked after it.

He fair panicked when he saw ya drive off lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm glad it went well. Should have a few more heads then next week (myself included).

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm glad it went well. Should have a few more heads then next week (myself included).

Judging by tonight the max you could play on that pitch is 12 total. If more were to show up next time we would deffo need a bigger pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hey guys, some of you might remember me, I played the last time something like this was organised!
    I may be able to make the odd week, definitely interested...

Also posting to suggest checking out the availability of the astro pitch at the football club between Kingfisher and Superquinn.
    I used to play there weekly, Nice artificial surface to play on, although it did have puddles if it had been raining heavily.
    It was quite big too, sometimes we would have 16-20 playing on it.
    I get the feeling that it maybe usually isn't rented out to groups, one of the lads playing knew the groundsman or something.
    Would certainly be worth one of you enquiring!

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Hey guys, some of you might remember me, I played the last time something like this was organised!
    I may be able to make the odd week, definitely interested...

Also posting to suggest checking out the availability of the astro pitch at the football club between Kingfisher and Superquinn.
    I used to play there weekly, Nice artificial surface to play on, although it did have puddles if it had been raining heavily.
    It was quite big too, sometimes we would have 16-20 playing on it.
    I get the feeling that it maybe usually isn't rented out to groups, one of the lads playing knew the groundsman or something.
    Would certainly be worth one of you enquiring!

HI Dave,

God allot of the the old heads will be back by the sound of it. My guess would be when we get the ball rolling (pardon the pun) we'll need a place that can comfortably fit 14 and push to 16/17 if needs be. ShyDave had a good shout there with that pitch beside Superquinn. Where else could fit that?

HI Dave,

God allot of the the old heads will be back by the sound of it. My guess would be when we get the ball rolling (pardon the pun) we'll need a place that can comfortably fit 14 and push to 16/17 if needs be. ShyDave had a good shout there with that pitch beside Superquinn. Where else could fit that?

Is that the Hibs pitch? That's a good option. The full Bohs astro is pretty big, the Villa one is a good size too. A couple of the lads were saying what if we try to get Kingfisher but on another night that suits everyone?

I'll call into King Fisher on the way into work tomorrow and get all the available times. See can we find one that sad suits us.

I'll call into King Fisher on the way into work tomorrow and get all the available times. See can we find one that sad suits us.

I think Kingfisher is booked up most of the nights with the Summer league/Floodlit soccer being down there.

I think Kingfisher is booked up most of the nights with the Summer league/Floodlit soccer being down there.

I kinda got that impression when I talked to them on the phone but sure I don't mind for the sake of a few min calling in and we'll either get lucky or we can soldier on and find somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Great game of ball really enjoyed it. Good turn out. If the numbers grow we will probably need a bigger pitch. Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sounds like you have the makings of a good Night owls team there.... :p

Any joy?

Right lads I know things might change but it will be handy to get a rough idea of numbers for this weeks game, so we can make arrangements for the pitch (be it we stay where we were last week or if we have too many we go elsewhere)

1. Andersonisgod

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83

Right lads I know things might change but it will be handy to get a rough idea of numbers for this weeks game, so we can make arrangements for the pitch (be it we stay where we were last week or if we have too many we go elsewhere)

1. Andersonisgod

Dodgeball hours have been changed to now finish at 8:30 so I can't make this hour anymore :-(

Sorry I haven't been around, mental this week. Kingfisher isn't really an option in the short term as IMO the times are too early. Will we list the places and I'll ring around and see what I can get for 9 on Wednesday or 8/9 on Tuesday?

Sorry I haven't been around, mental this week. Kingfisher isn't really an option in the short term as IMO the times are too early. Will we list the places and I'll ring around and see what I can get for 9 on Wednesday or 8/9 on Tuesday?

Ye see what's available both of those days at those times and we will suit if it suits everyone else.

Either of those days will suit me too. Riverwalk is a fine spot for anything up to 6 a side. Anything over that would be a bit tight. Hopefully we can find somewhere else if the numbers go up.

• Advertisement

I think someone mentioned hibs astro turf next to superquinn. It might do the job as its fairly big. Not sure who you would contact about it but it could be an option.

Advertisement