Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hibs is a good shout, do WIT still take bookings from the public? That's a handy size pitch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ye WIT also have a gpod size astro. I think first let's see what kind of numbers we have for this week, so far we have three including Ziedth.

Good thinking,

Wednesday at 9 then ya? Venue TBC:

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3.Ziedth

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

If its 9pm I'm in

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3.Ziedth
    4. Cococoady

I don't mind at all if it's at 9, we'll just need to find a new venue. First though let's see get an idea of what kind of numbers we will have so we know what size venue we will need. Hopefully we have a good idea by the end of today of the numbers we will have this week.

• Advertisement

We seem to have a couple of lads that play dodgeball so it seems it would be best to avoid that time alright. I'll ring around tomorrow and see can we find somewhere that 9 might suit.

Is the pitch we were at last week deffo not going to be used this week. I booked that pitch indefinitely last week. Will need to cancel if that's the case

cococoady wrote: »
    Is the pitch we were at last week deffo not going to be used this week. I booked that pitch indefinitely last week. Will need to cancel if that's the case

That's a good question. Like I said we'll have a better idea if we can get a few names down for this weeks game so we'll have a rough idea of how many people will be there so we'll know how big an astro we need. I'd say though we'll probably change because I don't think the time suits yourself and Ziedth very well.

It doesn't suit me but I can just call down late if it suits the majority. I'd be there and all not much after 10 past so it's not a major issue. it's more the dodgeball crowd I was concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

I think the hibs goals are moveable so it can be made bigger or smaller to suit us in case the numbers fluctuate each week Havent played on it in years but it used to be that way. Is the WIT similar. Chances are numbers attending will change from week to week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3. Ziedth
    4. Cococoady
    5. jebus84

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3. Ziedth
    4. Cococoady
    5. jebus84
    6. Da6xsi (+1 more)

riverwalk yeah or has another place been found?

da6xsi wrote: »
    1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3. Ziedth
    4. Cococoady
    5. jebus84
    6. Da6xsi (+1 more)

riverwalk yeah or has another place been found?

I think Ziedth is calling a few different places today. So far we have 7, hopefully by the end of the day we will have 10 or more and then it's just a matter of finding a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sorry I haven't been posting. Was in Kerry all weekend. I won't be able to play this week - hurt my back on Friday and it hasn't been right since. I have the extra money from last week so I'll get onto Ziedth and sort out a way of getting it to him tomorrow hopefully.

Just a reminder that if its the same time as last week I'm out. If its a later time I'm good

No joy in anywhere I tried today, would that hall be free after dodgeball cococoady? In this weather you would prefer outdoor though It's looking more and more difficult to find a pitch. The only thing I haven't tried is 9 on a Thursday in Kingfisher. if nothing can be sorted we at least have riverwalk booked this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Cant make wednesday this week either lads.If it ends up being on thursday i should be ok

So that's six so far if we have to stick with Riverwalk? It might be a little late in the day to change it to 9 on Thursday(if free) in Kingfisher but im hapoy to do it if yee are.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

I have exams this week so I'm going to give it a miss.

If we can get a couple more numbers how about on the grass at DLS college at half 8? I'm not sure if you have to ask anyone for availability though but that way it suits most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

A group of lads play regularly enough in DLS so dont know for definite if its going to be free. I have no bother taking a chance and heading there at 8.30. Would be great if the weather is as good as today. Im flexible so whatever suits everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is there a problem with you changing the Riverwalk booking to 9pm?

A group of lads play regularly enough in DLS so dont know for definite if its going to be free. I have no bother taking a chance and heading there at 8.30. Would be great if the weather is as good as today. Im flexible so whatever suits everybody else.

If there is sure the pitch is right beside the school. Anyway I saw those lads okay Wednesday and they don't use all of the pitch.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is there a problem with you changing the Riverwalk booking to 9pm?

They close at 9, otherwise it'd be grand.

Half 8 would be a better time for me too. It'd be an awful shame though to go down and it's busy,

Will I try and draft in a couple of players?

ziedth wrote: »
    No joy in anywhere I tried today, would that hall be free after dodgeball cococoady? In this weather you would prefer outdoor though It's looking more and more difficult to find a pitch. The only thing I haven't tried is 9 on a Thursday in Kingfisher. if nothing can be sorted we at least have riverwalk booked this week.

Ye the hall is free after dodgeball alright. But that's now on from 7-8:30. Ya never know, a few of the other dodgers might play ball after aswell if stuck.

Half 8 would be a better time for me too. It'd be an awful shame though to go down and it's busy,

Will I try and draft in a couple of players?

If we can't get onto the DLS pitch (which I think is unlikely) there's always the indoor hall and the park beside it. Either way there will be a game, where there's a will and all that.

I'd say definitely mate we seem to be missing a few this week so as many as you can get.

If we can't get onto the DLS pitch (which I think is unlikely) there's always the indoor hall and the park beside it. Either way there will be a game, where there's a will and all that.

I'd say definitely mate we seem to be missing a few this week so as many as you can get.

Good thinking with the hall actually. Will we soldier on with that then? Where is the outdoor pitch?

I threw up a message on FB just now, I'll let yee know if anyone bites.

Good thinking with the hall actually. Will we soldier on with that then? Where is the outdoor pitch?

I threw up a message on FB just now, I'll let yee know if anyone bites.

The college pitch is literally on the college grounds, just across the path from the college.

• Advertisement

So 8:30 in DLS outdoor:

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3. Ziedth
    4. Cococoady
    5. jebus84
    6. Da6xsi
    7. Da6xsi's mate
    8. Ziedth's mate

Advertisement