Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

ziedth wrote: »
    So 8:30 in DLS outdoor:

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Buzzinfly83
    3. Ziedth
    4. Cococoady
    5. jebus84
    6. Da6xsi
    7. Da6xsi's mate
    8. Ziedth's mate

Ye mate, that's it confirmed. Hopefully by next week we have a more permanent venue.

Anyway hopefully we pick up a few more players before then and we'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Good stuff. Looking forward to it. Hope the weather is good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

So will I cancel the astro down in the apartments then?

cococoady wrote: »

Ye I'd say so mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

I barely had the fitness to write this message so I'm out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya it seems the best thing Cheers.

Just a reminder for someone to bring a ball.

Edit: I just got a text my mate had to pull out

Title changed,

We seem to have 7 ATM, might be an idea for anyone to text around and see can we drag up a few numbers.

Title changed,

We seem to have 7 ATM, might be an idea for anyone to text around and see can we drag up a few numbers.

Exactly man, even if we were to play indoor tonight 5 aside or even 6 aside would be ideal. But we will definitely need more numbers be it indoor or outdoor.

If its going to be indoor someone will need to contact the school to book

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

ive no way of checking this for rest of the day can i get someone to text me the details later so i know wdc is?

• Advertisement

If its going to be indoor someone will need to contact the school to book

True. Do you know if the pitch by the carpark needs to be booked too?

da6xsi wrote: »
    ive no way of checking this for rest of the day can i get someone to text me the details later so i know wdc is?

Whether it's indoor or outdoor I'm not sure, I'm assuming it'll be outdoor, either way we'll be meeting at DLS college at half 8.

Whether it's indoor or outdoor I'm not sure, I'm assuming it'll be outdoor, either way we'll be meeting at DLS college at half 8.

Yeah, it'll be DLS at half 8 in any event. I'm happy to chance the outdoor.

True. Do you know if the pitch by the carpark needs to be booked too?

I don't think it needs to be booked but the school phone no is 051 875294 if ya want to give em a buzz and enquire.

I don't think it needs to be booked but the school phone no is 051 875294 if ya want to give em a buzz and enquire.

You need to ask for brother Tim when booking

You need to ask for brother Tim when booking

So if we are playing on the pitch outside we will definitely have to book it through brother tim?

So if we are playing on the pitch outside we will definitely have to book it through brother tim?

Doubt it but I guess ull need to ring to confirm ;-)

Just asked my brother who plays on the pitch regularly enough and no you don't have to ask anyone.

Right so lads it's half 8 tonight at DLS College, outdoor on the pitch. We could do with more numbers.

Right I'm leaving now so I won't be able to see this thread again. Just a reminder to the lads who are coming, hopefully someone brings a football or we will have to get pretty creative, bins too if anyone has those but I know that's a long shot. And, like I keep saying, numbers because, like Ziedth said at the moment we have 7 confirmed. So hopefully we can drag along a few more.

I really enjoyed that tonight,

I haven't so much as jogged in nearly two years so it went as well for me as I had hoped.

The non-forum lads really dug us out of a hole numbers wise so that worked out pretty well.

Ill ring Brother Tim tomorrow and see what the crack is with the indoor at that time next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

You should be ok for that lads, for the past few weeks no one has been on after us, we play dodgeball there and finish at 8.30 on the button.
    I really enjoyed that tonight,

I haven't so much as jogged in nearly two years so it went as well for me as I had hoped.

The non-forum lads really dug us out of a hole numbers wise so that worked out pretty well.

Ill ring Brother Tim tomorrow and see what the crack is with the indoor at that time next week.

I'm only fit to drop. Near 12 hour shift in work followed by 90 mins of dodgeball and then the hour plus of ball (not that I did much there haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Fair play lads. Glad to hear it went well. Hopefully my back problem clears up sooner rather than later. Was looking at the weather and was mad for a game!

Good thing about the indoor is that I don't see any reason why we couldn't keep it going once the winter comes around. It would break up the week grand I'd imagine.

Just got home now, 90 minutes of dodgeball and an hour of football means a goods night sleep tonight.

Really enjoyed the game tonight, hopefully next week we'll have the indoor at DLS so we'll have a permanent venue.

Enjoyed tonight. We pulled the numbers out of the bag somehow. The last minute recruits saved us. Hopefully we can settle on permanent spot and get a good game going every week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

enjoyed the game tonight feet are worse for wear now got a blood blister on each toe that i had to deal with when i got home lol

indoor would be good but i think we should try book an astro turf while the weather is good bohs villa hibs etc all the various clubs have astro turfs that arent used much in the summer, i think the weather outside at 8.30 is perfect for a game

i should always have 1 or 2 lads with me every week to try keep the numbers so we can always have a good game

The indoor could get tricky if the turnout is high and it could mean people missing out on a place. 5 or 6 a side would be the max indoor. Would be a shame if anybody missed out on a game due to it being full.

da6xsi wrote: »
    enjoyed the game tonight feet are worse for wear now got a blood blister on each toe that i had to deal with when i got home lol

indoor would be good but i think we should try book an astro turf while the weather is good bohs villa hibs etc all the various clubs have astro turfs that arent used much in the summer, i think the weather outside at 8.30 is perfect for a game

i should always have 1 or 2 lads with me every week to try keep the numbers so we can always have a good game

tbh I wouldn't mind either. Once wherever we are playing doesn't require us to run and get the ball when it goes out of play every 30 seconds I'm fine with it.

Like Coco said, the only problem with using Villa or Bohs astros are that those clubs have a load of teams and they usually get back to training around July which would mean we'd be left without a venue.

Maybe an option might be using a Bohs or Villa (or Ferrybank;)) until July and then going to the DLS College indoor gym? Or if the forecast is rain for the particular day we are supposed to be playing we could play indoor that week instead?

• Advertisement

tbh I wouldn't mind either. Once wherever we are playing doesn't require us to run and get the ball when it goes out of play every 30 seconds I'm fine with it.

Like Coco said, the only problem with using Villa or Bohs astros are that those clubs have a load of teams and they usually get back to training around July which would mean we'd be left without a venue.

Maybe an option might be using a Bohs or Villa (or Ferrybank;)) until July and then going to the DLS College indoor gym? Or if the forecast is rain for the particular day we are supposed to be playing we could play indoor that week instead?

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, another option would be indoor at WIT. You'd fit 7 a side in there handily enough and I think they might even open till 11.

I'll chance Kingfisher today for 9 on a Thursday too.

Edit: Rain wouldnt bother me too much if we got stuck out in it playing astro one week, problem is like coco said our numbers would take a hammering.

Advertisement