Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Football game (CANCELED!!!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I haven't been able to make it the last 2 weeks due to not actually living in waterford city and not driving yet but I should be able to make it some week soon!

Another possible venue and I don't think I've seen anyone say it is the indoor in Kingfisher, I know the outdoor is booked out but the indoor could be a possibility? and its massive so you'd easily fit 7/8 a side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I haven't been able to make it the last 2 weeks due to not actually living in waterford city and not driving yet but I should be able to make it some week soon!

Another possible venue and I don't think I've seen anyone say it is the indoor in Kingfisher, I know the outdoor is booked out but the indoor could be a possibility? and its massive so you'd easily fit 7/8 a side

Never thought about that but that could be a great idea. The main problem with DLS indoor is that it is quite small and we don't want to turn people away if we have big numbers do maybe Kingfisher indoor is perfect?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Kingfisher indoor seems to tick all the boxes. Big enough to accomodate big numbers and still small enough to allow for a good game of ball on a night where the turnout is small. Add in the fact that we will be dry on a wet night then it seems perfect if we can nail down a weekly spot in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I took a chance and booked the indoor in Kingfisher 9-10 for the next 12 weeks on Wednesdays.

When i confirm the booking on Wednesday morning I'll ask do they supply a ball. If not I'll buy one and just take it back out of the "pot"when we have enough.

That sound good? I have no problem changing it if there are any issues anyway.

ziedth wrote: »
    I took a chance and booked the indoor in Kingfisher 9-10 for the next 12 weeks on Wednesdays.

When i confirm the booking on Wednesday morning I'll ask do they supply a ball. If not I'll buy one and just take it back out of the "pot"when we have enough.

That sound good? I have no problem changing it if there are any issues anyway.

Perfect, I think it's definitely the best option so very much looking forward to the game on Wednesday. I think one of the problems with this week was maybe I started the list too late to allow people time to plan. So I'm going to start it now, so hopefully we get more numbers this week.

1. Andersonisgod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Coco

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Coco
    3. Ziedth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jesus lads, where would ye be without me? :P

I'll do my best to make it this week!

1. Andersonisgod 
    2. Coco
    3. Ziedth
    4. Buzzinfly83

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I have a ball from the last time I organised a regular game. Just needs to be pumped. I still have to give ziedth the first week's extra money so can give him the ball then too.

Save us buying one.

• Advertisement

Good to see the venue booked and the list going up early this week. Gives plenty of time for people to get involved.

Hey Ziedth I think ya may need to change to topic title again for the new details

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Coco
    3. Ziedth
    4. Buzzinfly83
    5. Da6xsi ( +1 )

ive loads of adidas footballs at home pumped and all so if we need a ball let me know

da6xsi wrote: »
    1. Andersonisgod
    2. Coco
    3. Ziedth
    4. Buzzinfly83
    5. Da6xsi ( +1 )

ive loads of adidas footballs at home pumped and all so if we need a ball let me know

Ye bring along a couple of balls. Always handy to have a few lying around.

Just wondering, will we need a certain kind of football if we are playing indoors?

Yeah its usually a different type of ball for the indoor football.

Just wondering, will we need a certain kind of football if we are playing indoors?

Ah ye its a green ball but sure normal ball will be grand till the funds are there to buy a proper one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sorry I should I have an indoor ball, not just a normal one. Just needs to be pumped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Sorry I should I have an indoor ball, not just a normal one. Just needs to be pumped.

i can bring a pump anyways

6 so far then. Will we say by Monday night if we don't hit 12(is that the right number for the size?) we see who we can draft in to make up the numbers?

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    6 so far then. Will we say by Monday night if we don't hit 12(is that the right number for the size?) we see who we can draft in to make up the numbers?

6 so far and whatsisname (I don't know if I got that right) is a maybe and I think Nkay1985 is a maybe? And a few more might sign up in the next few days.

12 is a good number for indoor in Kingfisher but equally if we get 14 we'd be grand too because it is a pretty big indoor pitch. Assuming we don't get 14 by Monday from Boards then I'd say let the drafting begin.

Ah ya, there were a few who were interested initially when we started the idea (lassykk is on hols for another couple of weeks for example) so I'd say at least 10/12 shouldn't be an issue most weeks through the forum then if we can bring in as many as we need to make 14 we'll be laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

1. Andersonisgod
    2. Coco
    3. Ziedth
    4. Buzzinfly83
    5. Da6xsi
    6. Jebus84
    7. Gill
    8. Da6xsi's Mate

Slowly but surely getting there

cococoady wrote: »
    Slowly but surely getting there

We're definitely doing better than last week. We have 8 confirmed and 2 maybes and it's only Saturday. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

I have another person who asked could he join,so thats 9 for Wednesday

jebus84 wrote: »
    I have another person who asked could he join,so thats 9 for Wednesday

Good stuff mate.

I was just about to post, since this is Monday, anyone who knows anyone looking for a game of football and is available, invite them along. I think the target number is 12 or 14? So right now we have 9 and 2 maybes and we need a few more.

I'll throw up a mesage on FB and get back to yee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Are ye still doin outdoor? I'm about a week away from getting back out playing ball.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Are ye still doin outdoor? I'm about a week away from getting back out playing ball.

This week is going to be our first game indoor in Kingfisher so it's a good size indoor hall. Looking at the weather today we've probably moved indoors at the right time since Irish Summer looks like it's over already.

Advertisement