Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 21-05-2013 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399! :)

Climote_small_zps97399f81.jpg

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating ;), or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds). :)

HTCOneS4-small_zps1a0b7101.jpg

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 obdue

The best thing about owning a smart fone would be the street cred. I remember being at a gig and half way through the singer asked everyone to put their smartfones in the air at the same time and take a picture. I think I was the only one there without said phone. Owning a smartfone would make me feel cool again!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

obdue wrote: »
    The best thing about owning a smart fone would be the street cred. I remember being at a gig and half way through the singer asked everyone to put their smartfones in the air at the same time and take a picture. I think I was the only one there without said phone. Owning a smartfone would make me feel cool again!!
    The best thing is that im always reachable via different channels (Skype, Messengers, email etc) and that is the worst thing aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The best thing for me is having a camera on me no matter where I am, I love taking photos and I'd hate to miss an opportunity.

The worst thing is battery life, most smartphones only last a day or so, back in the day my 3210 would last a few days before needing a recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I love being able to look up, anything at any time of the day, you know when you want to prove you are right in a disagreement, well there it is.. google at your fingertips and that way, you can always be proved right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LondonBirdLucy

The best thing, is they have everything stored on one device, books, emails, social media, watch catch-up TV, I love taking photos of everywhere I for and can share everything on Social media site. The down side they can be very distracting and they are so precious. I've lot a couple phones and lost photos, videos & number. (my fault for not saving) Love Smart Phones #LetsGetConnected :D x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the benefits,  its an all in one communication device,a book, a tv , a sat nav , an mp3 player, a mobile office , a musical instrument , a recording studio , its a shopping centre , a box office , an encyclopaedia , a games console, a travel agent and tour guide , a fitness instructor and weight watcher, a personal assistant , a camera in all its forms 

the only limits to a smart phone is its owner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Worst thing: That feeling when you reach into your pocket and its not there.

Best thing: When you find it in a different pocket. Ahhhhh...the relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Best thing: I've got a computer in my pocket constantly connected to the internet.

Worst thing: The end of daft pub argmuments. Google always knows if a duck can eat it's own feathers or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

The best thing about owning a smartphone is that you can use the screen as a mirror when it's switched off. For sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The best thing about having a smart phone is no longer being bored on my commutes to and from work, I can access pretty much anything on the go. 

I'd also say that that's probably also the worst thing about having a smart phone, being contactable via various social networks and email no matter where you are. 

They're a blessing and a curse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The best thing is definitely having a video camera on the go at all times to capture those hilarious moments with the kids, or their first steps, first words etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lovely_hurlin

Best thing about them is portable internet and games system. 
    Worst: either the pocket bulge or cheating in quizzes

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rbetty

The best thing is having everything at your finger tips ; email, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+ and a fabulous camera / video recorder.

I would be absolutely LOST without my smartphone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

best thing is that its now very easy to make contact with everyone, but it's also the worst thing if u yourself don't want to be contacted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

The best thing is been able to surf the web, play games and contact people with the greatest of ease....

The worst thing, not been able to put it down...:p so addictive...damn smart phones....must check apps & messages...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

best thing , internet everywhere i go.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Best thing is the mobile Internet and Camera feat especially on the today's smartphones! Cons would be that the battery on a lot of today's smartphone can be weak....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fedfan

The worst thing is that nobody ever talks on nights out anymore. Everyone spends the night on facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

The best thing is I can settle any arguments by simply googling for an answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

The best thing for me is Google Maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Best thing: GPS when I'm driving and not knowing where I'm going (especially in Dublin)

Worst thing: Too easy to break (they don't make 'em like the Nokia 3210 anymore!)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Best Thing: Being able to keep in touch with people so easily, especially people who are in other countries via whatsapp/viber/skype etc 

Worst Thing: Not being able to put the phone down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Best thing for me is being able to stay in contact with my family and two young children. They live on the other side of the country and I can't move there to be with them due to the complete lack of work where they live. Having a smartphone means I can always be in contact with them, whether it's on a normal call or even using Skype to make a video call.

The downside is all the amazing choices and the high cost of some of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

The best thing about the smartphone is the fact that they can redirect satellites and stop bullets!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

the best thing about owing a smartphone is being able to hand it to my niece when im driving and it keeps her entertained so I can watch the road

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Best thing about owning a smartphone is the fact you don't need to be at your laptop if something's important such as checking email, internet banking, social networks etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 only18

Best thing; Is being able to check your emails, bank balance and stream content all on the bus or train, wifi accessibility is making life that much cheaper too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Best thing about them for me is the way they make everything so easy to do, you can access the internet from anywhere in the world and talk to people all over the world. They make it so easy to keep in contact with everything and everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭derryvella

The best thing about smartphones is being able to keep in contact with my friends who have had to leave Ireland.  Google Latitude, skype, viber, google talk, gmail all make it easier to stay in touch and all are in the palm of your hand if you own a smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Best thing about my Smartphone is that I can play Candy Crush where & whenever I want :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement