Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    The best thing about having a smart phone is that no matter what I can always contact someone through various apps and the major benefit is the ability to sync your contacts to your email account and save them, i dunno how many times i've lost my phone and had to start rebuilding contacts again and again but since getting a smartphone i haven't had to do that just reconnect to email and there they are. Saves so much time. I love them so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Best thing is that it's a mini computer and does everything.  Worst thing is the weight of it (Nokia N900) to carry around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Worst thing about having a smartphone is losing a smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

The best thing about a smart phone is that all your contacts, appointments, maps, etc are in one place.

The worst thing is that when you loose or break your smart phone your totally screwed - miss appointments, can't remember anyone's number, get lost going to the shops and forget the important dates like the OH's birthday, ahem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Best thing: Having all the information of the world at your fingertips so you're never racking your brain for a piece of trivial information you can't remember again. ("What film/tv series do I know him/her from.") 

Worst thing: The battery always seems to run low/die just when you want to do something that requires a lot of it (long bus journey home). :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Best thing about a smartphone:

You can communicate with the entire world at any time, you can watch movies, play games, read books, get news, take pictures, browse the web....

Worst thing about a smartphone:

You can communicate with the entire world at any time, you can watch movies, play games, read books, get news, take pictures, browse the web....

nothing gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The best thing about having a smartphone is cheating at Words with Friends. and getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

As a student, I find it would be awesome as it would allow me to organise everything I need especially keeping track of dates, events etc and it can be synced easily!! It has everything you need is highly efficient for quick and easy internet access!!

The worst thing. I miss having buttons :( walking and texting is not so easy any more...

Worldwide contact at your fingertips is the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lorcafan

Best thing is that I can Skype my daughter in Australia, wherever I am and whenever we're both free.
    Worse thing is the battery life - always careful that I don't let battery run flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭frfintanstack

The best thing is being connected at all times, the worse thing is being connected at all times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Best thing: easy access to internet at all times
    Worst: constantly need to be recharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

The best thing are the apps. I keep track of my exercise and diet. News at my fingertips. The maps of the stars at night are great on my night walks. Instant feed from some of my favourite sites. I also use the camera when I'm designing new crochet and lace patterns. I take a picture after each step and can then make a slideshow with explanations for my website. I now couldn't live without it.... well I cold at a push but my life is so much better with it, and it's the apps that make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GMach234

Best thing: Convenience!
    Worst Thing: Addiction!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

The best thing about it is u have the whole world in your hands. Most things sorted with a quick swipe of ur fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Best thing: access 24/7
    Worst thing: access 24/7 (put down the smartphone)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Best thing: Internet in the toilet

Worst thing: phone calls in the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

The best thing about smartphones is being connected to everybody and anybody.

It's also the worst thing, the human touch has been lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

The best thing is that it will replace my current 12-year old Nokia :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Best thing is the ability to have the full internet with you wherever you go and the worst thing is the very poor battery life compared to older phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Best thing:  Keeping yourself occupied with the apps when in company/place you don't wanna be

Worst thing:  when the battery dies and yer left with nothing to do in said place/company

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Not having a smartphone at the minute (and coming from a HTC One X)

Best thing - highly configurable
    Worst thing - you nearly need constant access to a power supply as the batteries can be pretty bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Best thing is having internet everywhere.
    Worst is that my wife is addicted to hers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

The worst thing about owning a smart phone, is the naked feeling you get when you forget it, or the battery dies on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eaglej13

the best thing would be that i won it in a competition held by electric ireland and the worst thing would be all the time i'd spend on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    The best thing is instant access to your social networks, and cloud services. Even on the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coldcake

Best thing: twitter in the Jacks

Worst: Skype in the jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

Best thing - always online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

The best thing would be all the apps and the worst thing would be the terrible battery life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 nualabee

The best? Facebook on the go.
    The worst? Charging, charging, charging...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement