Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stopandstare

Disconnection from the computer... I might still be surgically attached to the internet - but at least I'm getting some fresh air :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Worst thing is when you decide, "oh i'll root this and then add a custom rom" then it ends up slowly grinding to a halt and me being me, i'm too lazy to reset it. :P

Best thing is having everything(nearly!) you have on your laptop on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

The best thing is the kids can text me to say mam can i come home from school, mam will you put food on im nearly home, mam will you put the hot water on, mam can some of my friends sleepover, mam can i sleep in my friends,or the person at 085******2 "the kids"has not credit and would like you to call them, and so on and so on :P.

The worst thing is having no signal so my kids cant text me to say mam can i come home from school, mam will you put food on im nearly home, mam will you put the hot water on, mam can some of my friends sleepover, mam can i sleep in my friends,or the person at 085******2 "the kids" has not credit and would like you to call them, and so on and so on :P oh plus you can keep an eye on facebook x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Best thing is having the ability to enter competitions like this whilst driving on a windy twisty country road.

Worst thing is massive thumbs and crashing on a windy twisty country road.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Best thing is having everything I need in my pocket. Worst - people expect an immediate response to every email. The concept of waiting until someone is back at their desk the next day has vanished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Best thing about having a smart phone is that there is less and less in my pocket. No more MP3 player!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Being able to connect with people around the world and share what you are doing no matter where you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Berilium2

The best thing about owning a smartphone is the ability to instantly look up any piece of information or fact or formula while away from the computer or without having to dig through volumes of books!

The worst part is sending drunk picture messages to ex-partners...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Best thing is never losing contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Best thing is always being able to keep up with news.
    Worst thing is the poor battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

Best thing is that someone on here is gonna win one of these S4 bad boys...today

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

The best thing is getting the sports results no matter where i am

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cwboy

The best thing is you are never bored anymore. Always something to entertain you on your smart phone

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    The best thing about smartphones is the way one can access your accounts online with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jdlongford

how the phone can be so smart...

...and I can be so dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

The worst thing about having a smartphone is losing it!

The best thing is looking like a baller!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Best thing is being connected to everyone important, worst thing is being glued to it all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Best thing is having games to play when you are waiting on the missus.

Worst thing is constantly charging it because of constantly playing game on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

The best thing is having the internet and all the handy apps readily available, makes little things easy.

Worst thing is checking your facebook / twitter every 10 minutes to see any updates. Also the battery life is always bad on all smart phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

The best (and worst) thing is being able to stay in touch with whats happening nearly all the time.  Switching off gets harder to do all the time.  But who really wants to..

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

The best thing about having my smartphone is the climote app from Electric Ireland for my brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 which turns my smartphone into a remote control heating device so I can save on my home heating bills...

And the worst was NOT having my Climote App on my old Samsung Galaxy... Cost me a fortune, not having it... Thanks Electric Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

worst thing - breaking the screen. Fell of the bike today and shattered mine.
    best thing - the camera/video for those special moments. easily updated onto facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TheChosenOne

The best thing of owning a smartphone is:

Easy Internet access. And the joys of the Internet are well known. Just to mention a few:
    -social media (Facebook, Twitter (attack me, people who say that Twitter is not a social media site),etc.)
    -Google

Wish myself good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

The best thing about smart phones is that you are always connected to your friends and family.

The worst thing about smart phones is that you are always connected to your friends and family.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

The best thing about a smartphone is that they are big so they fill that space in our pockets where we used to have money :-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    Best Thing: A multimedia powerhouse
    Worst Thing: Flimsy construction (some)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

The best thing is the feeling of being in the future. Honestly! 

I can check the weather forecast, listen to all my music, watch films, take pictures, ask my phone to remind me to send an email when I get home(!), tune a guitar, learn(Anything!), find my laptop if its been stolen, manage a todo list, have an alarm that knows when I'm in a light sleep and it should wake me, tweet, find good restaurants nearby, play and pause music on my laptop, find my way around with GPS, find out when a film is showing, prove friends wrong(or right, mostly wrong though), challenge a friend to cut more pieces of flying fruit than me, make sure I have money in the bank, multiply one number by another, play the piano, video chat with family abroad, create six second long epics, conduct an orchestra, find out what the name of that damn song is!, set my TV to record a show while I'm in the airport about to leave the country, check the status of my flight, checkin to said flight and read books.

Oh, and phone somebody. That too!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

The best thing about a smart phone apart from being a phone is that is the ultimate enterainment device, You have the world at your finger tips, Music, Radio from all over the globe Live TV, Movies, Internet, games and a camera. Its a communication device and can be paired with Monitors, Speakers......You can do anything with it from settnig your Sky box to record your fav program,  and now, you can control your heating etc.....its even acts as a sat nav. 

Who would have thought that a little bit of plactic that fits in your pocket could evolve from a game of snake in the late 90's into something so versitile!. 

Worst thing about them, they are so fragile, and batteries have not eveloved at the same pace as the phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Best thing: Instant access to social media and blogging on the move.
    Worst thing: Battery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement