Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Best thing: Being able to stay in contact with work emails and systems 24/7.

Worst thing: Being able to stay in contact with work emails and systems 24/7.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Best about a smart phone thingy is having a Phone, Camera/camcorder, SatNav and mini Computer all in the palm of your hand.
    Battery life would be the downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Best thing is the fact you are carrying around a powerful personal computer that can help you with nearly any task!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

Having Facebook in my pocket is not good :/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the best thing is the ability to be so many devices: camera, gps, instant google, star tracker, tv remote, calculator, torch etc etc etc and of course a phone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Worst: cant even go to the toilet without it anymore, just incase!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

The absolute worse thing with owning a smartphone is the fabled life destroyer "AUTOCORRECT" it lurks  in your messaging app like a evil demon of folklore, waiting to pounce and ruin your day. One minute your talking to your mother about dinner everything is going well then BOOM an innocent sentence like "Shaved Pork" can turn into Shaved Pu, il stop there and let your imagination run wild.... Damn autocorrect...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Best thing is the world at your fingertips, worst is battery life!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Best thing is the camera. It's great being able to take decent pictures while out and about, without carrying around a separate camera. 
    The worst thing is that now I can't remember phone numbers. It's all in the phone! I can remember my home phone number I had 20 years ago, but I couldn't tell you my mothers mobile number!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Best: No More boring Bathroom visits

Worst: Candy Crush Saga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

The best thing is having the internet right in your pocket and having a camera wherever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Best: The world's information at your fingertips, how smart and powerful you feel.
    Worst: How stupid and  naked you feel on the rare occasions you don't have your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

The best thing about having a smartphone is being able to access the internet while you are waiting for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Best thing is I can do ANYTHING with it, even cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The worst thing is that I miss pretty much all TV programmes now or watching an hour long show takes about two hours. I've got to pause TV when I pick up my phone because I get so lost in it. I actually have to leave the phone upstairs when the likes of Game of Thrones comes on so that I don't start browsing Boards and Facebook and miss all the best juicy bits. 

The best thing about having one is that it makes up for my terrible sense of direction. Like if I am walking through the city I grew  up in and get lost (which is quite often) then I just whip out the phone, on with the GPS and see where I am and where I need to be. I ain't kidding ! 30 years in Dublin city and I still don't know it!

My phone is knackered. Any chance of a new one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alex.alexutz89

Best thing is you basically won't need a laptop or pc anymore... worst thing is loosing your smartphone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Best is the freedom a smartphone gives, worst thing is the temptation to play Angry Birds in meetings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    Best is having so much info and access at your finger tips
    bad part is battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sheep2bull

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    Having the internet at your fingertips 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Facebook is the best and worst thing about smartphones.

• Advertisement

The ability to
    look
    deranged while scrolling with your eyes on an s4.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

The World is at your fingertips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

the best thing about a smartphone? you've basically got a lap top in your pocket. camera, your music, games to keep you entertained if you're on a journey or in a waiting room, communicating with anyone anywhere in the world - they're just brilliant.

the worst thing? they're completely addictive - I cant leave mine out of my hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Verygames11

The best thing about a smartphone would have to be(for me anyway) is you have the whole world at your fingertips

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

The best thing is having a camera, social media device, all in one. Worst is how addictive it is! Dropped my phone in the street last month and a car rolled over it. :(  Currently using a Nokia brick instead.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Never getting in stupid pub arguments about whether X or Y is the case - as soon as there's uncertainty, out comes the smartphone and the truth is known.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My calendar app. So I dont miss the closing date for competitions on boards.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

godtabh wrote: »
    My calendar app. So I dont miss the closing date for competitions on boards.ie!
    I think it's broken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Best: Being contactable by phone or email
    Worst: Being contactable by phone or email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 shamboi

The best thing about a smartphone is the ability to be constantly connected, apps like facebook,twitter, snapchat and whatsapp make communication so much fun.
    The worst thing must be my obsession with my smartphone , I'm convinced I have an addiction, it follows me everywhere (even into the bathroom!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement