Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Best thing about owning a smartphone is that you can stalk people on facebook while in their company, worst thing about having a smartphone is being stalked by people on facebook while in their company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The best thing about owning a smartphone was being at a concert one time and everybody was holding up their phones taking pictures except this one guy beside me,i felt so sorry for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

Best Thing: Instant access to a huge amount of information
    Worst Thing: It is smarter than me

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Best thing is not having to turn on and wait for my computer to load, worst thing is having to charge the phone every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Best thing is having literally the world in your pocket, you can do more or less anything from where ever you are.

Worst thing can sometimes be exactly that as well, we lose out on researching things, finding out things 'naturally' almost, I wouldn't say they dumb us down, far from it, but they make things too easy sometimes. That and the battery life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hiwazup

The best thing about having a smart phone is having all the knowledge in the world in your pocket! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luckyeye

The best thing about a Smartphone is being able to download the Designated Dialer app - can be used to lock you out of your phone or just from certain contacts, so you don’t make those late night marriage-busting or job-losing calls. To unlock it you are required to pass a sobriety test. Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

The best thing about having a smart phone is having a detailed map of the country in your pocket and a little robot voice to tell you where to go when you are lost.  

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Best thing is going to the pub and not having to talk to people around me!!!  :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ShelTomato

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    Smartphones: Letting shy people communicate without making eye contact since 2006 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Best thing, having a quad-core computer in your pocket.

Worst thing, getting work emails at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

Best thing... you don't need a bulky laptop or pc to access email, news, social media.
    Worst thing... creates addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Best thing about owning a smartphone-
    it's ready when i'm in poet zone
    and i can scan and write and rhyme
    all with one eye on the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Best thing about owning a smartphone is you have a phone a messenger a camera a camcorder a music player and a video player all in the palm of your hand for whenever or wherever it's needed .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The best thing about smart phones is simply how smart they are. I've an insatiable appetite for information, news, reviews, products. I want it on the go, I want to be able to take it in and engage with it. I want to have access to multiple sources and every point of view. And I want to do it all when sitting on the bus.

The worst thing about smartphones is how disconnected you feel when you've got no battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Being able to take notes on the go without carrying a notepad and pen, amazing for work!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

The best thing about my smartphone, is being able to access information no matter what the situation, the worst is when there is no network coverage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

The best thing about smartphones is how easy it is to stay in touch with family and friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Best thing: Having your music, camera, emails, and phone all on one device.

Worst thing: It can become a contest if you're out with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

The best thing about owning a smartphone is the ability to control your digital life anywhere at any time. Having the power to manage your power consumption via tools like "Climote" improves your quality of life and the quality of your wallet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Best thing is the lovely connectivity. Worst thing is running out of said connectivity when in poor network or when battery dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

The best thing is all the lovely apps that can tell what the weather is going to be like but then I look out the window and see its just going to be raining so I have no need for all those apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The best thing about having a Smartphone is I can check the internet is still there while I am on the go.............

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The best thing about owning a smart phone is that I have another device to help me ignore the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭jacool

Best thing: instant sports results
    Worst thing: what Vahevala said was best! Can't have a good discussion, or table quiz, any more!

Don't actually have one so hope EI sort me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Best thing is being able to proove to your friends that you're right about something when on a night out. (using google)
    Worst thing is definitely when you're out and about and  the battery is at 10% and you know you have to stop using it until you get home.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Worst Thing - The phones are getting bigger so i need bigger trouser pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

Best thing about having a smartphone, for me, is that it lets me stay in communication with the wife (in Poland, atm), and mates who have gone off to Canada and the like, without having to spend so much money. Thanks to apps like Viber and Skype, they're never more than a phone call away. Being able to keep up with the latest rugby scores and post on boards.ie on the go is a nice bonus, too!

The worst thing? It's been said before; They're great while they last, unfortunately, they just don't last long enough! Can't wait until battery life of smartphones matches that of the old Nokia's!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

The best thing about having a smart phone is the fact that I no longer need a babysitter when I go to the pub for the night. I know I can leave my smartphone at home and nothing will happen to my children. I could probably go away for the whole day before having to return to recharge its battery... of course that's if it has the wifi/bluetooth turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭grumpig

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
     The best thing about a smart phone is about sharing moments anywhere anytime. Before smart phones were out phones could only text and call but now we can send pictures or even talk to people overseas by using a smart phone. It works as a basic computer as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement