Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

The best thing is being able to keep in touch with my lovely friends and family abroad via skype, viber etc without crazy international call charges. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

The best thing about a smartphone is the ablity to check everything that matters to you while on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The best thing is GPS. You will never ever get lost (as long as you have signal that is :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭gussieg

Best thing about a smartphone is all that electricity I'm saving not using the TV, DVD player, stereo, radio, pc, wifi router, modem, telephone, sat nav, satellite system, arcade game machine, washing machine hair dryer microwave ( these last ones cos I'm too busy being 'on the phone),
    And the worst thing is... It's not solar powered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

The best thing is being able to ring home and ask for someone to turn off the immersion because I've forgotten...again! :o Worst thing.. when they realise before you remember and ring you to give out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

The  best thing about owning a smartphone is that you always keep connected to the internet, and hence to your friends on social networks . It also makes life more easier by using useful application in order to check nearby attraction, bus times etc.

Worst thing about it is that you can become very addicted to it and will always need to have it with you and to surf the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harmo08

The best features that comes with owning a smart phone is the all round accessibility to all your online data and social networks, not to mention organisation of meetings and events. I has recently take over most of the roles of my laptop.

The only down side is the short battery life, gone are the days when you only charged your phone once every 3 days or so. Smartphones, due to their high CPU usage and not to mention large display screens use alot of battery power, hence the short life.

But apart from that, owning a smart phone really makes life easy, capturing images, making videos and enjoying music all on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

The best thing for me has to be the camera.  I love taking pics of outfits and sending them to friends for approval cud not live without this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    Great competition.

The best thing is the ability to be connected wherever you are. The worst thing, strangely enough, is the ability to be connected wherever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

the worst thing about the smartphone is table quizzes are ruined for ever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Best thing is I still don't have one, still waiting for someone to purchase one for me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

The best thing is the ease of access - from emails to the various apps available.  I'd be lost without one now and would love the new S4......... please.......... pretty please......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The best thing about owning a smart phone for me is constantly being connected to you're social network and being able to share photos and stuff with friends and family so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

the worst thing is that your life is never unavailable. you are always online being at the beck and call of phone calls, emails and the internet.

how did we survive before they came.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The worst thing is the quiet car journeys as your passengers are always engrossed in their phones. But when the kids are bored and acting up, this can suddenly be the best thing about owning a smart phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The best about having a smartphone is using it as a compass when I get lost walking home from the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Best thing about a smartphone is how seamless it is to take a photograph and then have it upload in the background or email on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

The best thing about a smartphone is always being able to go online (to check Boards:D ), and always having a camera with you

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

the worst thing about smart phones is that they actually make you less smart due to the excessive Facebook/twitter brain mush we post/read everyday :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Best thing is just the sheer convenience of it.

From being able to check bus, train and even flight times and prices on the go to checking emails, to browsing boards, tweeting, facebook, paying your Electric Ireland bill to doing your banking anywhere you want. It's seriously a massive time saver and at times life saver (last minute rent transfer before the Landlord loses the polt!!!).

Worst thing is the, er, convenience! 
    Nothing seems like a better idea than using your banking app transferring another €50 from your savings account into your current account before going to the bar in the middle of a wild night on the town, eeek. Never seems like quite such a good idea the next morning though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Best thing is that you're never lost or bored. Wherever you are you can fire up a map to get back on track and kill some time if you're stuck.
    The worst thing is having to be conservative with the battery, it runs out a lot faster than the old "dumb" phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

The best thing about having a smartphone is the amount of ways to keep in touch with all the various different social media and through texting.  This conversely can also be the worst thing too. Not a moments peace at times.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Best thing is you can bury your head down and avoid conversations with boring people. Worst thing is people around me always seem to have their heads buried in their phones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Best thing about a smart phone is that it makes you smarter when you you apply it smartly - err, you do need to be smart to be able to  apply the smartphone smartly, so I suppose it's better to say a smartphone compliments your smartness.

The worst thing is that you are going to whip it out at the wrong time and someone someday is going to feel offended.. easily fixed though - by remembering to put away the phone when you are with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

The great thing about smartphones are the sheer volume of apps available, especially android, between social, media, news and in some cases, seeing how fast you can roll a rung of toilet paper, there's truly a weird and wonderful world of apps out there. Bad thing is getting into swing of buying cheap low-budget smart phones, so you can never experience them without crashing....

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

it make it easier for men to multi-task, they can sit on the toilet and communicate with the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Best thing : Being able to contact people at any time, phone, sms, email, IM, FB etc
    Worst thing : Being able to be contacted at any time, phone, sms, email, IM, FB etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The worst thing - battery life!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pixiel

[font=Cambria","serif]The best thing is definitely the sheer convenience of having the internet at your fingertips![/font]

[font=Cambria","serif]The worse – no excuses for missing anything…ever! :)[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Best thing is that you've practically got a fully functioning computer sitting in your pocket, with the ability to pretty do much anything a computer can.

Worst thing though, is the battery life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement