Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

The best thing about a smartphone is the gateway of opportunities it brings for both users and other organisations.
    Take ye guys for example.
    Now I can use the electric Ireland app and take control of my home appliance usage...
    I can manage all my accounts online and ensure the bills are paid in time.
    All this in the palm of my hands.

as a thirty-something single woman, the best thing about owning a smart phone is,

never feeling alone. news, social media, emails, apps like whats app, even POF app to check out the interesting guys!!
    and i can ignore all unwanted attention when coffeeing alone thanks to my smart phone!!
    its like a friend and bodyguard all rolled into one!!

worst thing is that my HTC sensation, is on its last legs............

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭quiz

I have never owned a smartphone (still have the same old Samsung for the last 7 years).

The thing I like most about smartphones is that with the Sat Nav wherever you are in the world you are never lost. 

browse.php?u=y%2Bi8vHbYLwcYocCfkZGCYR704L1a5eSo%2FSclujEjHtJu9yIrcAU%3D&b=13

The thing I dislike about smartphones is when people are busy talking to their acquaintances on facebook and ignoring their friends who are in the same room!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trevorbab

the best thing about owning a smartphone is
    being connected to the net anytime anywhere ( should i need to check boards for my bargain alerts !! )  
    and all the different apps you can get to pass the time (waiting for a bus , plane , supermarket lines .... general waiting i suppose)
    the worst thing is 
    the dependence on it (never anymore than two feet from mine )

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Best thing: Being connected to everything in the world! Bus timetables, weather on upcoming holidays, skype! Everything!

Worst thing: Dropping it on your face at night! Theyre alot heavier than the phones of years ago!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

The best thing is about a smart phone is being able to pretend your smart the worst thing is people knowing your not smart when they find out you secretly Google the topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    Best Thing; Google Maps to get out of the arsehole of nowhere & mobile internet on a gorgeous screen
    Worst Thing; When Google Maps nearly leads you to your death off the Cliffs of Moher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 compann

Best thing about having a smartphone is a connectivity with your friends via different links like viber/email/skype. Worst thing about it is a poor battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ok, bestest thing..... probably waze (at least if you are a motorist). seriously no other GPS satnav comes near.  :) look it up.

worstest thing.... it makes my motorola 8500x look dated :(  ffs, its a 8500x afterall......  ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Best - I now have a camera, radio, internet access incl email, gps, tide times, weather and much more all on one device no matter where I am. Oh and it's a phone as well.

Worst - I can't put it down except while driving and even then the Bluetooth kicks in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 The Man They Couldnt

Best - access to news all the time when away from computer or TV

Worst - can be a distraction when trying to study

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Best thing: Having a world of information* at your fingertips.

*By 'world of information' I mean picture of cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Best: It is great for working out calculations for the labWorst: Table quizzes just aren't the same any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The best thing about owning a smart phone is that it integrates internet, email, & gaming all into one place & on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

The best thing about owning a smartphone is alway being connected to the rest of the world. The worst thing about owning a smartphone is, well frankly, being always connected to the rest of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

The best thing is being able to check the internet when your away from home

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

The best thing about smartphones is that I don't need to bring a newspaper to the bathroom anymore, eliminating the weird stares from co-workers as I whistle my way down the long corridor with the paper tucked under my arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Best: Taking photos, videos, etc on the go and sharing instantly. Handy for grandparents to see their grandchildren.
    Worst: Feeling the need to check your email before you get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Best thing about owning a smartphone is having easy access to internet, camera, gaming etc. virtually anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    The best thing is definitely the SatNav application. You are never lost with a smartpphone and I find it hard to live without my Galaxy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The best thing about having a smartphone, is having an astounding number of devices and tools at your disposal, in such a light and portable design!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The worst thing is they're so good that you want to use them so often, which results in the battery draining after a few hours!!! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 jakmcc26

The best thing about smartphones is that they have replaced all the other electronic devices in the houses , they are now TVs computers sat navs MP3 players camara even credit cards ,
    I would love to get the chance to get the high end smartphone experience especially since I'm in dire need of a new phone I'm currently using a Vodafone smart with a smashed screen .... torture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The best thing about having a nice big smartphone is that you can use it as a weapon to savagely beat a potential mugger with the very thing they're trying to rob, especially the HTC.

The worst, is trying to fit something the size of a stale slice of bread into the pocket of your skinny jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

Best: internet on the go.
    Worst:Battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Best Thing - Can keep track of friends and family
    Worst Thing - Too easy to reach with Calls, SMS & Email (Not to mention FB/Twitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

As others have said, the best thing is being able to communicate and access almost every part of your electronic life with one handy device.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

The best thing about owning a smart phone is that you have everything at your finger tips and on you at all times. Whether it's music, movies, games, maps or indeed controlling the heating at your home (very cool way of saving some cash) it's all there. There's app for pretty much anything you can imagine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I could use my old phone to balance the table leg in my local pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

The best thing about owning a smartphone is having a world of information at your finger tips. Having an argument? Whip out your smartphone to settle it. Need help with something? It's just a tweet away. Wondering how active you've been today? If you have a Bluetooth fitness tracking device, then hey, that information is on your smartphone too.

The worst thing, I'm sure the majority of us will agree with, is how they can get in the way of real face-to-face human interaction. We need to switch of from time to time and just enjoy the company of others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement