Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win a HTC One/Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

The best thing about owning a smartphone is it's everything you need, i barely have to turn on a computer anymore - there's literally an app for everything! I don't need a camera or an iPod, because it's all there. They should remain them lifephones instead of smartphones to be honest because i'd be lost in life without it, sad as that may sound! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Best thing would be having the web always on in your pocket, great for checking Facebook/Twitter/boards.
    Worst Thing is the battery life (well on mine anyway), The amount of electricity I probably use re- charging it is unbelievable...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Best thing about my smartphone is it's not an Apple product! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the best thing is the always on connectivity and the internet at your fingertips.
    the worst thing is how they become useless overpriced lumps of plastic abroad with rip off roaming rates!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Teekasaurus

The best thing about owning a smartphone is the ability to bust some sick moves in the canteen at work, in meetings at work, on the way to work, in the toilet at work. Smartphones enable me to bust sick moves in corridors, on stairwells, in chemical stores, in the maintenance closet, heck you can even bust sick moves at the base of an unused ladder.

If it wasn't for smartphones, noone at the place I used to work would have been given the opportunity to witness my sick moves and nu-god flow. I'm like a ninja-Michael Jackson from the future, all because of smartphones. I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

The best thing about owning a smartphone is the ability to end any arguments through the use of our trusty pal Google. Has proved me right countless times, and the great part is people never usually take the time to check if I'm wrong. I guess I'm just the real problem here..

The worst thing about having a smartphone is having to listen to people asking are you on "snapchat" all day, and listening to these wild stories revolving around the app and still refusing to install it!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

The best thing is having instant internet access, making it far easier to keep up with friends that live abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

The best thing is always being connected. This can be the worst thing too, but I'm happy to live with the pain :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JimmyTee

The best thing is you have a Google search in your pocket, the worst thing is you can't live without them now, when leaving the house it is first thing on my check list.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

My phone is my only friend. Literally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ninkynonk1

The best thing about a smartphone is that it is a one stop shop for everything you want to know and the worst has to be the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

I think the best thing about a smartphone is being able to capture those special moments quickly and easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Runinlong

Best thing about a smart phone is keeping me occupied when I'm in the bathroom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

The best thing about having a smart phone is the ability to Skype with family and friends back home. It makes being an immigrant a lot easier when you can see everyone's faces at any time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 briantherabbit

The best thing is the internet in the pocket, the worst is the constant intrusion by facebook in practically everything you try and do!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Best: Data on the go, whatsapp etc.

Worst: Snake on 3210 is no longer the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The best thing is being able to prove somebody right/wrong anywhere, anytime. Thank you always on internet via Smartphone :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The worst thing about owning a smart phone is having a gadget which outranks me intelligence-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liam41105

Hi everyone,

When you consider that more than two-thirds of the Irish population own a smartphone of some kind, it’s safe to say they’re here to stay. The capabilities of these little (and big!) devices improve all the time, allowing us to automate aspects of our lives with ease. Climote is a case in point – an award-winning digital timeclock which pairs perfectly with a smartphone, allowing you to control your home heating from anywhere.

Until 31/05/13, you can get Climote at the reduced price of just €269 when you purchase one at our online store using the voucher code EI0105A - that's €130 off the RRP of €399!

And that’s not all of course: entering this month’s Boards competition will give you the chance to win either a HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4! The winner will have a choice between these two gorgeous smartphones, both ideal for running the latest and greatest apps, browsing the web, snapping pics, controlling your home heating , or, indeed, talking to friends and family (so long as they don’t interrupt your record-breaking game of Angry Birds).

To be in with a chance to win, just answer this question: What’s the best thing (and/or worst thing, if you must!) about owning a smartphone?

The competition runs until next Wednesday 29th May, and the winner will be chosen via random selection. The usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

David
    it helps me keep fit,wakes me up in the mornings playing different sounds each day. it helps me keep in touch with my family through skype and facebook while im at college. i can find out the weather, the news and sport. i can also play very realistic games,take incredible photos and videos.it keeps me entertained with a all file video player much more memory than an old fone. its easier to use also.

the worst things are, for a good one they are pricey (600+). the battery life is alot more poor than old phones but thats the price you pay for having a phone that can do more than a phone made in 2004. they become extremely slow sometimes, if memory is nearly full or if too many apps running at once. they can get viruses through their web browsers, and some phones get really hot and burn out till there is intrerial damage done to the model however this is getting more rare by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

The best thing about a smart phone is having the world at your finger tips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Best thing about my Smart phone is that "everything" is at your fingertips.
    Worse thing... Everything is at my fingertips!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

For me I take ages to get used to a new phone. I don't cope we'll with change. I have the old htc one and I love it. Then I can't live without it. The best thing is its yours, adapted to suit you and my camera is amazing, you hold down the photo button and it takes loads of photos. I got the whole sequence of my mam blowing out her birthday candles for her 60th from start to finish over 3 seconds on about 12 photos. 

The worse thing about having a smart phone is how fragile they are and how they can be robbed quiet easily, also I would hate to lose all my number too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The best thing about owning a smartphone is the ability to stay connected to today's digital world.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The best thing is it moves me one step closer to uploading my conscious being to the interwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

The best thing is that you get to make those sweet and smart phone calls to everyone who is listening

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ruthmc

Here's the best and the worst in my opinion you'll see,
    of owning my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Mini.

The best it is sure is to have answers in seconds
    when searching the 'Net on never-ending questions

The worst is the limit on phone memory
    for installed apps that won't move to SD

I've searched with the best to try fix the worst
    And found a sleek smart solution that won't break my purse

A Samsung Galaxy S4 with 16, 32 or 64 Gigs
    From Electric Ireland would have me doing jigs

Or perhaps even to win a nice HTC One
    Would really make my day and save me a ton!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Being able to stay up to date while on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

The best and the worst thing at the same time is that a smartphone replace your brain. It store all your passwords, so you can see them by one touch of your finger, but it doesn't help you to practise your memory. You don't need to remember how to get to the place you want to go - you switch on sat nav and follow instructions. Smartphone let you store and read ebooks, but at the same time you are loosing that emotional connection and smell of paper book. It help you to entertain yourself playing games, chess, cards, etc but at the same time you loose contact with real people and friends, who could play with you in the same room. You don't need to educate - If you are missing something you just google it.
    few years ago when I was going abroad I was always trying to learn some basics in local language. Now I just turn the translator app - thats sad and helpful at the same time. You have access to all the latest news 24/7 - but do I really need to know everything? isn't it just a waste of time?
    In the past when people were bored they were trying to find something interesting to do - Now you are never bored as you have smartphone with Youtube and Facebook. Ahh yes Facebook. we have so many friends - great we can see their latest posts and photos in seconds we can write to them etc, but when was the last time we have seen them in real life?

I could add many lines about calendar, online radio, skype etc, but sorry I don't have time, I need to play that game I downloaded arlier tonight.
    bye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

I would imagine the best thing about owning a smartphone is being able to access the internet, skype, youtube, social media and email, while on the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 disliking shift work

the worst thing is that i cant cope without it!  simple as that!
    I use it for everything, keeping in touch with family and friends, looking up things to do and places to see on my days off, looking up recipes when im sick of eating the same old things every week, doing my banking while on the way to work. Id find it a real struggle to get by without it, its like an addiction!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement