Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Made Fake Offer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Hi again Mark, Further to your call a few minutes ago where I refused to discuss the issue as there was going to be no "paper trail" can you please contact me in writing at the address on my account or the email address which I will not send you via PM.

From the start of the call it soulds very much like Eircom are not going to honour the offer agreed with them on the 7th May which is not on at all, How can a company scam their customers into staying on with them for longer by telling them lies!?

I now have an outstanding eircom bill which is not correct as it is not for the amount that was agreed by Eircom on 7th May.

This bill will only be paid when eircom set me up with the offer that was agreed to on 7th May as if I was told the truth by Eircon back then i would not be a customer and would have owed them nothing!!

Well done Foggy_lad. Like a multitude of service providers and retailers in this country Eircom seem to have made a complete hash handling this matter.It appears to me that you are clearly justified with your complaints against them. Pity more people wouldn't be as firm with obtaining their rights. Seems like a lot of these people have a pathetic customer service department. I once had to return a broadband dongle to a provider because the reception in my house was non-existent, the guy at the counter AND the manager said they could not take it back because it was clearly working ok here in the shop. I could have pulled them over the counter for their ignorance. I feel your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ftlnn wrote: »
    Well done Foggy_lad. Like a multitude of service providers and retailers in this country Eircom seem to have made a complete hash handling this matter.It appears to me that you are clearly justified with your complaints against them. Pity more people wouldn't be as firm with obtaining their rights. Seems like a lot of these people have a pathetic customer service department. I once had to return a broadband dongle to a provider because the reception in my house was non-existent, the guy at the counter AND the manager said they could not take it back because it was clearly working ok here in the shop. I could have pulled them over the counter for their ignorance. I feel your pain.
    To be fair I would say I'm suffering due to a lack of training and issues with company policy and operations rather than poor service from any individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

What direction was the discussion going? From your initial comments it sounded very much like I would be told that the offer was not available and could not be placed on my account despite being offered it and accepting that offer earlier this month. I just found out that Vodafone also offer a deal for €40/month for unlimited broadband and 100 minutes of calls which is more than i would need!
    Hi foggy_lad

I did not get a chance to respond or discuss the issue with you.  As requested I will reply via e-mail.  Which I should send in the next 24 hours.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

To be fair I would say I'm suffering due to a lack of training and issues with company policy and operations rather than poor service from any individuals.
    Hi foggy_lad

I checked with the Comreg complaints handler for eircom. He has confirmed they have received and logged the complaint yesterday 29/05/13.

As you have decided to escalate the matter as an official complaint. A manager will respond to you directly regarding the issue.

So I have to defer to the complaints process, so just to advise you I can not respond via e-mail if the matter once is has been escalated through this process.

Thanks, Mark

Hi foggy_lad

I checked with the Comreg complaints handler for eircom. He has confirmed they have received and logged the complaint yesterday 29/05/13.

As you have decided to escalate the matter as an official complaint. A manager will respond to you directly regarding the issue.

So I have to defer to the complaints process, so just to advise you I can not respond via e-mail if the matter once is has been escalated through this process.

Thanks, Mark
    as expected!

• Advertisement

Ok to update this,

I got a call this morning from Comreg who were surprised that I had not heard from Eircom as in their opinion this should be resolved in less time than the 10 days allowed as it does not involve anything more than listening to the call recording which was done more than a week ago.

It now seems that Eircom are dragging their heels in dealing with customer complaints and may well take the allowed maximum time to deal with such an easily sorted out issue. That is just plain spiteful and again a sign of the dishonest way I have been treated by Eircom.

A further update on this.

I got a call from someone in eircom Complaints dept just now telling me that they had listened to the call and that because the agent had not stated any time limit on the offer of €40/month such as stating that it was for 12 months that it was not a contract and they did not have to stand over the offer they clearly made to me.

This is just nonsense as the agent on the original call clearly stated that it was €40 per month for as long as I remained an eircom customer and that the price would not increase after 6 months like all other eircom offers.

I was also offered a credit of €60 on my account for if i wished to leave eircon for another provider which i am now going to do! The person i was speaking to today was rude and kept interrupting me and has made my mind up about leaving this dishonest company.

How many other customers have been offered "offers" and "deals" only for the offers not to be honoured or applied to the customers accounts??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

FOI request FTW. I'd love to see someone actually getting a copy of their calls. I dealt with a similar issue for my mother in law a few months ago and saw a similar pattern. See http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056834307/1#post82276927

Get a copy of the call. Watch them try and squirm their way out of it.

stimpson wrote: »
    FOI request FTW. I'd love to see someone actually getting a copy of their calls. I dealt with a similar issue for my mother in law a few months ago and saw a similar pattern. See http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056834307/1#post82276927

I have just completed my sign-up to Sky Broadband so hopefully will be with them within ten days and will have nothing more to do with Eircon

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

Foggy,

Did you get a copy of the call?
    Even if you move providers ill be disappointed if you let them off with their denials.

• Advertisement

ftlnn wrote: »
    Foggy,

Did you get a copy of the call?
    Even if you move providers ill be disappointed if you let them off with their denials.
    I didn't and to be honest(which is more than eircom were) I couldn't be bothered looking for anything more from these scammers. They make false offers hoping to keep customers for an extra few months while it is sorted. If they are that hard up for a few euro It wont be long before they are back in examinership IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

stimpson wrote: »

DPC not FOI. FOI is for government agencies only.

Can I ask someone in eircom to confirm that I am no longer a customer please and that my 30days notice period started on 7th of May when I originally rang to cancel the service?

I have received €60credit to allow me leave eircom without penalty due to their incompetent staff so please ensure and confirm that my account is closed with a zero balance.

Eircom are now saying that although they refuse to stand over an offer they made on May 7th and then subsequently delayed investigating and listening to the call recording forcing me to make a formal complaint and escalate the issue to ComReg they are now refusing to cancel the service backdated to May 7th and are overchrging me for service from that date even though they had told me that i can move from EirCON without penalty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Can I ask someone in eircom to confirm that I am no longer a customer please and that my 30days notice period started on 7th of May when I originally rang to cancel the service?

I have received €60credit to allow me leave eircom without penalty due to their incompetent staff so please ensure and confirm that my account is closed with a zero balance.

Hi foggy_lad

As per conversation I would like to assure you that you are now free to moveprovider and no subsequent cancellation chargers will be charged.
    I will alsomake sure that you will be charged for the last month (7th of June onwards to the day of your services leaving eircom) on the price which was agreed on the call to cancellations when this offer was made to you. If this happens to be a shorter period I will break the charges down do a daily rate and multiply by the number or days until your services have left eircom. Charges may show on bill provisionally however I will rectify what needs to be rectified in accordance to this agreement.

Thanks,

Al

Hi foggy_lad

As per conversation I would like to assure you that you are now free to moveprovider and no subsequent cancellation chargers will be charged.
    I will alsomake sure that you will be charged for the last month (7th of June onwards to the day of your services leaving eircom) on the price which was agreed on the call to cancellations when this offer was made to you. If this happens to be a shorter period I will break the charges down do a daily rate and multiply by the number or days until your services have left eircom. Charges may show on bill provisionally however I will rectify what needs to be rectified in accordance to this agreement.

Thanks,

Al
    I gave my 30 days notice on 7th May and should not have any charges from Eircom from 8th June which is the termination date if Eircom had been honest and not made that false offer to me.

It is a shame that there is no manager or person in authority who is capable of dealing with this issue properly, I will most likely have to revert to ComReg again to get away from this dishonest company.

I gave my 30 days notice on 7th May and should not have any charges from Eircom from 8th June which is the termination date if Eircom had been honest and not made that false offer to me.

It is a shame that there is no manager or person in authority who is capable of dealing with this issue properly, I will most likely have to revert to ComReg again to get away from this dishonest company.
    foggy_lad

Are you not happy with the resolution I have offered? I have advisedthat you will not incur a cancellation charge and you are free to move, I'll also make sure that the period from when you gave 30 days notice on the 7th of May to the date to when you leave will be charged at a discounted rate (charged at the price agreed on the 7th but broke down to a daily part period charge).

I don’t see how you should not have any charges from the 8th of Junewhen you currently are using eircom broadband and line and it is now up to you to arrange another provider to take your services.

If you are not happy with my suggested resolution then I will not beable to offer any further resolution to this matter and the case will need to be handled through the complaint you have already made.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kennryyr

He's clearly not happy and has every right not to be. He would haev put in the 30 day notice of termination on the 7th IF he hadn't of been offered an impossible offer (in Eircoms eyes).

Now you are saying you have to charge him for the time after that?

Customer service at it's finest here *facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

jaysus - sorry fogg lad, but if you wre a customer of mine and acted in a way that your posts are written, I would have told you where to go a long time ago.

If you bully people into responses, they will NEVER give in to you.

If you were a lot more polite my guess is it would have been dealt with a lot quicker and ina  way that you woudlnahve been happy, but no emplyee of any company, eircom or anyone needs the type of bully boy tactics you seem to have employed in your posts.

I'd say eircom are fairly glad you're gone from them.

foggy_lad

Are you not happy with the resolution I have offered? I have advised that you will not incur a cancellation charge and you are free to move, I'll also make sure that the period from when you gave 30 days notice on the 7th of May to the date to when you leave will be charged at a discounted rate (charged at the price agreed on the 7th but broke down to a daily part period charge).

I don’t see how you should not have any charges from the 8th of June when you currently are using eircom broadband and line and it is now up to you to arrange another provider to take your services.

If you are not happy with my suggested resolution then I will not be able to offer any further resolution to this matter and the case will need to be handled through the complaint you have already made.

Al
    Firstly there is no cancellation charges as I was out of contract so was free to move anyway and if Eircom signed me into a new contract after offering me a FAKE offer then that is unlawful and unenforceable!

I am not happy with any charges from the 7th May as if I had been told the truth that day or shortly afterwards I would have left Eircom for a much cheaper alternative Maybe €20/month with Meteor. (remember that Line rental and Broadband are charged in advance!).

I have already arranged for another provider to take over from Eircom who in the past months have lied to me and delayed in investigating and attempting to resolve this issue, Seriously how long does it take to review a call recording when you are given full details of the call?? The call recording should have been reviewed within 24hours not well over a week!

Unfortunately I am not happy with your suggested resolution, I was told this cock-up on eircom's part would not cost me anything but i am being kept using a service which I was only prepared to pay for as advertised and sold to me, Because of Eircom's failure to keep their word and provide the contracted service I am now expected to pay at least €40 for a service which Should be costing me €10 as is the case with SKY.
    sandin wrote: »
    jaysus - sorry fogg lad, but if you wre a customer of mine and acted in a way that your posts are written, I would have told you where to go a long time ago.

If you bully people into responses, they will NEVER give in to you.

If you were a lot more polite my guess is it would have been dealt with a lot quicker and ina  way that you woudlnahve been happy, but no emplyee of any company, eircom or anyone needs the type of bully boy tactics you seem to have employed in your posts.

I'd say eircom are fairly glad you're gone from them.
    Am I not entitled to get annoyed when a company lies and reneges on a contract? Am I not entitled to get annoyed when the same company drags its heels when investigating and attempting to resolve this? Should I have to "write a letter to Eircoms cancellation department giving a further 30 days notice"(as i was told yesterday) even though I had given this notice in a call on 7th May?

Eircom removed the choices which I had on 7th May by offering a service but failing to apply that offer to my account. The only thing I will accept is to move asap and owe Eircom nothing.

All my bills were paid on time and up to date until they screwed up and then their awful customer service took over! I got a bill on 17th May which did not have any reduction for the offer I should have been on, This bill was not paid as it was incorrect, it has subsequently been wiped out by the credit of €60 applied to my account but the next bill has been created and it is for the same €49.99 but shows as being €39.98 because of the remainder of the credit, so considering that billing for rental and broadband is in advance there may be nothing owed by me depending on when my services are switched to the new operator. regardless any further charges will be ignored!

Firstly there is no cancellation charges as I was out of contract so was free to move anyway and if Eircom signed me into a new contract after offering me a FAKE offer then that is unlawful and unenforceable!

I am not happy with any charges from the 7th May as if I had been told the truth that day or shortly afterwards I would have left Eircom for a much cheaper alternative Maybe €20/month with Meteor. (remember that Line rental and Broadband are charged in advance!).

I have already arranged for another provider to take over from Eircom who in the past months have lied to me and delayed in investigating and attempting to resolve this issue, Seriously how long does it take to review a call recording when you are given full details of the call?? The call recording should have been reviewed within 24hours not well over a week!

Unfortunately I am not happy with your suggested resolution, I was told this cock-up on eircom's part would not cost me anything but i am being kept using a service which I was only prepared to pay for as advertised and sold to me, Because of Eircom's failure to keep their word and provide the contracted service I am now expected to pay at least €40 for a service which Should be costing me €10 as is the case with SKY.

Am I not entitled to get annoyed when a company lies and reneges on a contract? Am I not entitled to get annoyed when the same company drags its heels when investigating and attempting to resolve this? Should I have to "write a letter to Eircoms cancellation department giving a further 30 days notice"(as i was told yesterday) even though I had given this notice in a call on 7th May?

Eircom removed the choices which I had on 7th May by offering a service but failing to apply that offer to my account. The only thing I will accept is to move asap and owe Eircom nothing.

All my bills were paid on time and up to date until they screwed up and then their awful customer service took over! I got a bill on 17th May which did not have any reduction for the offer I should have been on, This bill was not paid as it was incorrect, it has subsequently been wiped out by the credit of €60 applied to my account but the next bill has been created and it is for the same €49.99 but shows as being €39.98 because of the remainder of the credit, so considering that billing for rental and broadband is in advance there may be nothing owed by me depending on when my services are switched to the new operator. regardless any further charges will be ignored!

[font=Times New Roman","serif]foggy_lad

Are you reading my replies to your messages?

I had replied over boards and twitter as you had hung up on a call with me yesterday before I could clarify what we can do to arrange a resolution to this. At this point it does not seem as though there is anything I can do resolve this in your eyes.[/font]
    • [font=Times New Roman","serif]Contrary to your above message I specifically said yesterday that you do not need to send a letter of notice to cancellation in this case.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    • [font=Times New Roman","serif]I have advised that you will not be charged the cancellation charge which is normall charged when a 30days notice period is not give.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    • [font=Times New Roman","serif]It is now up to you to arrange another provider to take over this account yet your services are still with eircom (as you do not want me to close down the account because you need an active account to transfer to another provider) yet you are complaining that you will be charged for this service that you are currently using until you transfer to another provider?? I have even advised you that I am willing to give you a discount for the days your are with eircom until another provider takes your services.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]

I will need to know if you accept this resolution before I can arrange this. If you are not happy with this resolution then I will comment no further on this issue and you will need to arrange another resolution with through one of the complaints you have made already to eircom complaints departmens and not here on this boards.ie page.

Al

[/font]

• Advertisement

Just want to update and close this saga off at last!

While waiting for Eircom to get their corporate finger out and deal with my complaint on 12th June I signed up to SKY phone and broadband for €40/month with free broadband for the first 6 months! Eircom have been notified of my cancellation since 7th May.

I waited out the cooling off period and got detailed emails from SKY detailing progress including the proposed start date for my broadband and also got my sky hub by courier.

On 24th June my broadband was switched and has worked flawlessly since, ping is excellent and speeds are actually slightly better than when I was with Eircom.

My line was switched to SKY yesterday 27th June and all is working well.

Today at about 4pm I got a call from Eircom who wanted to entice me back with an offer of €90 "free" credit plus €35 a month for 6 months then back to €50/month. The sales agent(forgot his name) was very good and easy to talk to and actually knew his stuff, he asked if I was still in the cooling off period with SKY and I told him even if I was I would not go back to Eircom after my recent experience of their corporate incompetence and dishonesty. I explained the whole saga which took about 8 minutes then explained that under different circumstances I would still be with Eircom as I was happy with the service but that poorly trained/dishonest staff and corporate systems which failed miserably were to blame for me leaving Eircom. I wished him a good weekend and ended the call.

Why could Eircom not make that call two weeks earlier? Why does it take the best part of two weeks and the intervention of the regulator to get a call recording reviewed?

All I can say is that I am happy to be rid of the overpriced services of Eircom.

Also my last bill dated 16 June was for €49.99 but I am expecting credit for most of this bill as it is for broadband and line rental for June/July up to 15th July, My broadband payment should be from 15th June to 24th June and line rental from 15th June to 27th June. I don't really expect Eircom to get any of this right and will not be paying an incorrect invoice!

Good Riddance.

Just want to update and close this saga off at last!

While waiting for Eircom to get their corporate finger out and deal with my complaint on 12th June I signed up to SKY phone and broadband for €40/month with free broadband for the first 6 months! Eircom have been notified of my cancellation since 7th May.

I waited out the cooling off period and got detailed emails from SKY detailing progress including the proposed start date for my broadband and also got my sky hub by courier.

On 24th June my broadband was switched and has worked flawlessly since, ping is excellent and speeds are actually slightly better than when I was with Eircom.

My line was switched to SKY yesterday 27th June and all is working well.

Today at about 4pm I got a call from Eircom who wanted to entice me back with an offer of €90 "free" credit plus €35 a month for 6 months then back to €50/month. The sales agent(forgot his name) was very good and easy to talk to and actually knew his stuff, he asked if I was still in the cooling off period with SKY and I told him even if I was I would not go back to Eircom after my recent experience of their corporate incompetence and dishonesty. I explained the whole saga which took about 8 minutes then explained that under different circumstances I would still be with Eircom as I was happy with the service but that poorly trained/dishonest staff and corporate systems which failed miserably were to blame for me leaving Eircom. I wished him a good weekend and ended the call.

Why could Eircom not make that call two weeks earlier? Why does it take the best part of two weeks and the intervention of the regulator to get a call recording reviewed?

All I can say is that I am happy to be rid of the overpriced services of Eircom.

Also my last bill dated 16 June was for €49.99 but I am expecting credit for most of this bill as it is for broadband and line rental for June/July up to 15th July, My broadband payment should be from 15th June to 24th June and line rental from 15th June to 27th June. I don't really expect Eircom to get any of this right and will not be paying an incorrect invoice!

Good Riddance.
    Best of luck with the new provider foggy_lad

If there are any charges you wish to challend eircom accounts can be contacted on 1901

Thanks

Al

Just when I thought I was free and clear of Eircon they have sent me a bill for €51.18 which is for charges in lieu of one months notice to cease service!

I gave my notice on the 7th May when Eircon decided to make a false non offer to me promising me a product they had no intention of delivering!

My notice has been served since 7/5/13 and I have all my original notes relating to that phone call and it has been posted here more than once that I can leave Eircon without penalty or payment of any early cessation fees as Eircon screwed up so when they failed to give me the deal they promised my original notice took effect retrospectively. I also have a letter from a Marcin Meldrins in Eircoms complaints escalation department telling me that I can leave Eircon without penalty!

Why are Eircon still trying to swindle me and steal money from me? can someone take this bill and sort it out..............I demand a new closing eircon bill with a zero balance!

This latest escalation of eircons incompetence just proves what I posted already about the company being dishonest in a corporate way, staff are mostly very nice to deal with but the company is a nightmare due to this type of underhand swindling.

Just when I thought I was free and clear of Eircon they have sent me a bill for €51.18 which is for charges in lieu of one months notice to cease service!

I gave my notice on the 7th May when Eircon decided to make a false non offer to me promising me a product they had no intention of delivering!

My notice has been served since 7/5/13 and I have all my original notes relating to that phone call and it has been posted here more than once that I can leave Eircon without penalty or payment of any early cessation fees as Eircon screwed up so when they failed to give me the deal they promised my original notice took effect retrospectively. I also have a letter from a Marcin Meldrins in Eircoms complaints escalation department telling me that I can leave Eircon without penalty!

Why are Eircon still trying to swindle me and steal money from me? can someone take this bill and sort it out..............I demand a new closing eircon bill with a zero balance!

This latest escalation of eircons incompetence just proves what I posted already about the company being dishonest in a corporate way, staff are mostly very nice to deal with but the company is a nightmare due to this type of underhand swindling.
    Hi foggy_lad

I'll look into this and revert back to you soon.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Wrong thread.
    Delete the post.

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Ah here, no need for the attitude in the first line of your reply.
    I obviously misread the post and was only trying to help out.

You decided that I was pulling a fast one and trying to get out of a binding contract without any details and without even reading the original post.  

There is nothing wrong with my attitude in this thread but if you feel there is you should report any post you find objectionable.
    Hi foggy_lad

I have arranged the clearance of all outstanding balance as previously agreed. You will not have to pay the charges displayed on the bill you have referenced above.

Al

Hi foggy_lad

I have arranged the clearance of all outstanding balance as previously agreed. You will not have to pay the charges displayed on the bill you have referenced above.

Al

Thank you and goodbye:-)

Hi foggy_lad

Al

Thank you and goodbye:-)
    No worries foggy_lad

Al

Advertisement