Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roundabout on dock road after topaz

• 21-05-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

just wondering if there was ever any plans for a roundabout at the turnoff for Mary I, there seems to be plenty of room and it would keep the traffic flowing and get rid of the huge tailbacks on the dock road! just an idea!

Comments

cottager83 wrote: »
    just wondering if there was ever any plans for a roundabout at the turnoff for Mary I, there seems to be plenty of room and it would keep the traffic flowing and get rid of the huge tailbacks on the dock road! just an idea!

At the traffic lights or summerville avenue? I'd say it will take a lot more than another roundabout to ease the traffic on the dock road. To be honest, I don't think the room is there for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I think you will find they need even more traffic lights along there......to force a few more people to use the Tunnel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A roundabout would be useless there as there is too much traffic flowing both ways through from the dock road to allow traffic from the secondary road to enter a roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

I think a roundabout would probably help there alright but id say its intentionally designed to heighten the attraction of the tunnel. most of the changes made in the last year or two would seem to be made with the intention of reducing traffic in and out of the city hurting local business's even further :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

audidiesel wrote: »
    I think a roundabout would probably help there alright but id say its intentionally designed to heighten the attraction of the tunnel. most of the changes made in the last year or two would seem to be made with the intention of reducing traffic in and out of the city hurting local business's even further :confused:

Those lights have been there since before they put in the second outbound lane on the dock road.

Those lights have nothing to do with the tunnel!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

yes those lights were there before the tunnel. but I don't believe they will put in a roundabout to potentially free up traffic as there does seem to be efforts to slow all traffic into and out of the city. look at the other new lights on the dock road. plus the plans to put lights along the ennis road near clareview motors.

I genuinely think the council is doing everything it possibly can to make limerick car unfriendly. so freeing up this traffic with a roundabout would go against that

Advertisement