Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday sessions in the fair city?

Options
  • 21-05-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking to go somewhere a bit different this weekend and my day off is Monday so going out Sunday night =D
    Anyone know anywhere decent? Preferably with drinks deals :p
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What do you consider to be decent? Give us something to work with rather than just a vague request that will result in a list of bars.

Also, are you talking about music sessions in bars or just a drinking session?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BuckfastQueen

I'm open minded about where I got to be honest. Somewhere with a good atmosphere =)
    Where would you go if you were going out on a sunday for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To a cocktail bar run by my mate here in Switzerland. I'd usually have a couple of Old Fashioneds & a chat with some pals or a read of my paper if it quiet.

I'm an oul' fella & don't really get up to much carousing any more.

Not much use to you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I'm looking to go somewhere a bit different this weekend and my day off is Monday so going out Sunday night =D
    Anyone know anywhere decent? Preferably with drinks deals :p

have a look at www.entertainment.ie

I assume you are talking nightclubs and not gig venues or just late bars/pubs.

SIN, Rira, sahara, dicey, coppers, Madison would be busy.

café en seine do a good jazz evening on a sunday.

really depends on what type of music you are into to help you out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My Sunday night consists of Cassidys on Camden St for it's Trad Session, never fails for a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Head to Pygmalion on South William St, it's 40% off drinks on a Sunday so drinks will be around 3.50 euro all day! Think ya have to pay a fiver in after a certain time, maybe 5pm?!

It's a good spot, mostly full of 20-somethings, not sure if you'd stay there all night though, but good to start in anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Going by your name I'd say go to the Bernard Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BuckfastQueen

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Going by your name I'd say go to the Bernard Shaw.

22 squids for a bottle of bucky in there, what a rip off, lovely smoking area though =)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Pyg, and then onto to the Workmans after as Pyg closes at 11.30 or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement